PDA

View Full Version : OMG!!! How is this possible!!

Chaobo99
Oct 22, 2006, 09:43 PM
I went to walmart this afternnon and asked the guy if PSU was gonna release on Oct.24
he says we got a shipment in on Friday to ready out for Oct.24 or 25. At first, I thought he was lieing then he took me to the back and showed me a box that had a sega note on it. it said something like,"DO NOT SELL TILL OFFICIAL RELEASE DATE"..I was like =O..maybe its da strategy guide..He opens it and I see about 7 X360 PSU and about 10 PS2 PSU..I couldnt tell if there were any PC ones...THEN I WAS REALLY HAPPY yet MAD...I begged him to sell it to me but he couldnt..I still got to see the REAL game infront of my eyes..Unless they were store display copies( I dont think walmart has any) then it's totally real...
IS THIS EVEN POSSIBLE =O

Blitzkommando
Oct 22, 2006, 09:45 PM
K-Mart is awesome sometimes. I went to one a full week before some game was supposed to be released and bought it that night. They get shipments early so that it can be released nation-wide all at the same time.

EvolXx
Oct 22, 2006, 09:48 PM
I dont know man, I work at EB games, and they ship on the 24th and we get it the next day, so Im not sure.

And you can stop with the BS, because he just wouldnt take you to the back of the store and show you a box filled with a game thats not due out early this week, something like that in my store is immediate termination!

Blenjar
Oct 22, 2006, 09:49 PM
I WAS RIGHT!!!

-- Blen

McLaughlin
Evidently, it is possible. Unless you're calling yourself a liar, which you'd be an idiot to do.

Although, I'm pretty sure it's against store policy to take customers into the back. I'm also fairly certain non-employees aren't supposed to be in the recieving area. So that employee must have really wanted to prove you wrong, because he would've been fired, and you would've been kicked from the store.

But, I suppose this bolsters the whole "Wal-Mart will have the game for sale at midnight on Tuesday" thing, assuming you aren't accusing yourself of lying.

Bleemo
Walmart owns America.

This does not surprise me.

Blenjar
Oct 22, 2006, 09:50 PM
On 2006-10-22 19:49, Zeta wrote:
Evidently, it is possible. Unless you're calling yourself a liar, which you'd be an idiot to do.

Although, I'm pretty sure it's against store policy to take customers into the back. I'm also fairly certain non-employees aren't supposed to be in the recieving area. So that employee must have really wanted to prove you wrong, because he would've been fired, and you would've been kicked from the store.

But, I suppose this bolsters the whole "Wal-Mart will have the game for sale at midnight on Tuesday" thing, assuming you aren't accusing yourself of lying.

I'll take a picture when I get it tomorrow night.

vitius137
Wish I had a Walmart near my house T________T

EvolXx
On 2006-10-22 19:49, Zeta wrote:

Yep Yep yep just read my post... tisk tisk tisk

Sizzors
Oct 22, 2006, 09:51 PM
No hes right. I've stated this before, but when I worked at EB Games at a local mall, we sometimes got shipments in 2 full weeks before the game came out, no joke. We just couldn't sell them until the release date. Halo 2 we got in 3 weeks before it came out. We had to remove the markings on the box because if 'Haloers' saw it, we would be screwed.

EvolXx
Oct 22, 2006, 09:58 PM
On 2006-10-22 19:51, Sizzors wrote:
No hes right. I've stated this before, but when I worked at EB Games at a local mall, we sometimes got shipments in 2 full weeks before the game came out, no joke. We just couldn't sell them until the release date. Halo 2 we got in 3 weeks before it came out. We had to remove the markings on the box because if 'Haloers' saw it, we would be screwed.

Yeah I know, But thats for the MASSIVE Games like HALO and junk, PSU is not getting that much attenchin. Even so, when we do get the games in weeks before we are not allowed to show people or tell them we have it! Some people found out that we had Saints Row and MAdden 07 in there was alot of trouble with the customers complaining that they paid for the game and had to wait for it to be sold on its street date. For the same reason we keep our traps closed! And its store policy.

Blenjar
Oct 22, 2006, 10:04 PM
On 2006-10-22 19:58, EvolXx wrote:

On 2006-10-22 19:51, Sizzors wrote:

Yeah I know, But thats for the MASSIVE Games like HALO and junk, PSU is not getting that much attenchin. Even so, when we do get the games in weeks before we are not allowed to show people or tell them we have it! Some people found out that we had Saints Row and MAdden 07 in there was alot of trouble with the customers complaining that they paid for the game and had to wait for it to be sold on its street date. For the same reason we keep our traps closed! And its store policy.

During my time at CompUSA, we did receive corny games a day or more early...still a possibility..

-- Blen

NeuroNomad
Oct 22, 2006, 10:30 PM
I called my Walmarts, Ebs, Gamestops and such and no one is getting it here until at least the 25th. I have a preorder in from Amazon so I would assume that I would just get it from there just as fast. Got the next day shipping for it.

-BK-
Oct 22, 2006, 10:36 PM
My store had one of the Tekken games (5?) in about 2 weeks before release, and since it wasn't street dated it went right on the shelf. It's very rare if we ever have a game in by Tuesday, and only for absolute major releases that the publisher wanted out on Tuesday. It really can go either way, though.

Tystys
Oct 22, 2006, 10:36 PM
On 2006-10-22 19:49, Bleemo wrote:
Walmart owns America.

This does not surprise me.

Yeah, I was just about to say that. You should've brought a camera, douche! XD

BrandonBa2
Oct 22, 2006, 10:42 PM
Who would want a picture of a box of PSUs?

Garnet_Moon
Oct 22, 2006, 10:43 PM
On 2006-10-22 20:42, BrandonBa2 wrote:
Who would want a picture of a box of PSUs?

*drooling* N-Nobody... Nobody... at all... *licks lips and clasps fists a few times* Nobody.

watashiwa
Oct 22, 2006, 10:48 PM
Topic gets a lol from me.

I mean, it's obvious BS, but.. the thing about the the employee taking him to the back and the note on the box, from Sega, saying not to sell it until the release date.. that also makes me lol.

I'm also trying to figure out how, after the employee opened the box, he saw 7 360 PSUs and 10 PS2 PSUs.. like.. Opening a box like that.. what angle would you have to look into a box at.. you know.. to see 7 and 10.. and how were the game cases lined up..?

The best thing about the post is "IS THIS EVEN POSSIBLE"

Well, fuck, you saw it yourself, right? RIGHT? Naaah.. you didn't. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

-BK-
Oct 22, 2006, 10:50 PM
Actually, CD's, DVD's, and some games do come with a note printed on the box that says something like "Street Dated Material Inside: Do Not Sell, Rent, or Display Until Street Date"

Garnet_Moon
Oct 22, 2006, 10:50 PM
I'm still going to hound the crap out of Wal-Mart tomorrow and tuesday.

Weak
Oct 22, 2006, 10:51 PM
What I find more humorous is that people are wigging out and making a bunch of topics about how, when, and where they can get the game as soon as possible.

We all know that the game will be available almost everywhere in 3 days. As if waiting that long, after a couple years is something painful.

SpishackCola
Oct 22, 2006, 10:52 PM
On 2006-10-22 20:50, -BK- wrote:
Actually, CD's, DVD's, and some games do come with a note printed on the box that says something like "Street Dated Material Inside: Do Not Sell, Rent, or Display Until Street Date"

QFT

I would go on a long educational rant about how this works, but its too late and too close to the game actually coming out for anyone to care http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_confused.gif

BrandonBa2
Oct 22, 2006, 10:57 PM
I don't think people have doubts about there being notes on it. They are saying that it's unlikley the topic creator got taken to the back to see them.

Pikku
Oct 22, 2006, 10:58 PM
On 2006-10-22 20:48, watashiwa wrote:
Topic gets a lol from me.

I mean, it's obvious BS, but.. the thing about the the employee taking him to the back and the note on the box, from Sega, saying not to sell it until the release date.. that also makes me lol.

I'm also trying to figure out how, after the employee opened the box, he saw 7 360 PSUs and 10 PS2 PSUs.. like.. Opening a box like that.. what angle would you have to look into a box at.. you know.. to see 7 and 10.. and how were the game cases lined up..?

The best thing about the post is "IS THIS EVEN POSSIBLE"

Well, fuck, you saw it yourself, right? RIGHT? Naaah.. you didn't. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif^^^^Ill go with this^^^^^^^^

But hey... there WAS this one time I went in the back of a store and stole like 12 copies of the game and then sold it on ebay for half the price and then got arrested for 15 years and I just got out a month ago.
ITS TRUE OMG IT IS!!! IT...ok Ill stop...

Authenticate
Oct 22, 2006, 11:01 PM
I've had the actual PSU PC box IN MY HANDS when I was working tonight at Walmart. I'm not going to buy it until I leave work on Tuesday night anyway, though. I get Wednesday and Thursday off and I didn't even ask for it. Happy coincidence or a proven fact that God loves me?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Authenticate on 2006-10-22 21:20 ]</font>

EvolXx
Oct 22, 2006, 11:26 PM
Just chill guys, the game will come out!

The dude who started this topic is bullshiting and I dont even kneed to second guesse. Just wait and stop crying the game is comming....

Hustler_One
Oct 22, 2006, 11:53 PM
On 2006-10-22 20:51, Weak wrote:
What I find more humorous is that people are wigging out and making a bunch of topics about how, when, and where they can get the game as soon as possible.

We all know that the game will be available almost everywhere in 3 days. As if waiting that long, after a couple years is something painful.

*Rocking back and forth crying in a corner* It hurts....

Chaobo99
Oct 23, 2006, 12:26 AM
I should have taken pictures...neways.it was evidently the back..ok..it was the back...but not like full on the storage.it was just there..next to some other boxes in a hallway next to shoes and layaway department..The guy is probally think that not he told one, that walmart will be ambushes =p...
I dont call myself a liar, if I did, no matter how long i wrote..in the end of what I say, it would say"...jk"

PS: he didnt just open the box and close it..would I be crazy enough just for him to open a box full of goodness.It was a pretty big box tho..I dont know if they were ALL pSU games..but they were on top.In my post, I didnt post ABOUT? oops,neways, he opened the top and there were for sure more copies of ps2 ver than the 360, there wasnt alot so I guessed 7 and 10 but it looked like a 7 and 10 rather than a 5 and 6 or a 7 and 8....
Im gonna go back there on tuesday...
I dont think they'll have it anywhere available ..but Walmart may have it on tuesday where as EB and or Gamestop will have it 25th, JUST BECAUSE YOU WORK AT A GAMESTOP/EB doesnt mean u work at a walmart...maybe your right, he shouldnt have brought to the back, but HE DID..PERIOD!! I wished I had pics then I would'nt have to type this much (x_x)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Chaobo99 on 2006-10-22 22:33 ]</font>

Sleet_v2
Oct 23, 2006, 12:30 AM
You have been playing PSU since you were five Chaobo? So oyu are what.. like 10...11 now?

idontbelieveyou!

Chaobo99
Oct 23, 2006, 12:37 AM
I dont care what others say (x_x) ..the game will come out..I was just stating I saw the game before my very eyes...then people go crazy =O

Genobee
Oct 23, 2006, 02:06 AM
yea it's ture, when halo 2 came out, we got it in my shop like 3 days before hand. but if we sold um before the release date they would sue us for millions of dollars.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Genobee on 2006-10-23 00:07 ]</font>

AlphaMinotaux
Oct 23, 2006, 02:10 AM
Maybe the OP has a nice rack?

Phalynx
Oct 23, 2006, 02:20 AM
On 2006-10-22 22:30, Sleet_v2 wrote:
You have been playing PSU since you were five Chaobo? So oyu are what.. like 10...11 now?

idontbelieveyou!

EXACTLY. I highly doubt an employee would take you into the back, besides, where was your mommy when this happened?

Zelutos
Oct 23, 2006, 02:32 AM
I hate when people want to break street dates. Don't you realize how much trouble the company/person selling it to you would be in when Sega found out that their product was sold early? GOD...

afcakey
Oct 23, 2006, 02:39 AM
yeah when i worked at eb we'd get shipments before a games release date. Then some random customer will ask if he can buy it and we'd say no we can't sell it before said date.

Galrond
Oct 23, 2006, 03:09 AM
ill call around tomorrow to see if anyone has it ready for the 24th but not gonna matter if they dont... whats one day more

good call DoubleJG3288

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Galrond on 2006-10-23 01:35 ]</font>

DoubleJG
Oct 23, 2006, 03:14 AM
Well his sig says been playing PSO (Phantasy Star Online, came out like 1998? Iunno) Dreamcast version since he was 5. So, their age assumptions are actually quite accureate. Just pointing this out, that's all.

DangerMuse
Oct 23, 2006, 05:48 AM
PSO was released in 2000 for JP /US and in Feb 2001 for the whole of Europe.

McLaughlin
Oct 23, 2006, 06:06 AM
Which makes Chaobo an underage user, which is grounds for immediate termination of his account. Unless he's lying about how long he's been playing for, in which case he'd be labled as a liar, which would allow us to assume he's lying about the Wal-Mart fiasco.

This is why you never date yourself by saying stupid things in your sig.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zeta on 2006-10-23 04:07 ]</font>

Bleemo
Oct 23, 2006, 06:20 AM
Kids are so cute these days.

Chris28
Oct 23, 2006, 06:24 AM
i know!

BrandonBa2
Oct 23, 2006, 06:53 AM
After rereading everything I came to this conclusion:

People are wanting bigger epeens earlier and earlier these years http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Saikyn
Oct 23, 2006, 07:28 AM
On 2006-10-22 19:43, Chaobo99 wrote:
I went to walmart this afternnon and asked the guy if PSU was gonna release on Oct.24
he says we got a shipment in on Friday to ready out for Oct.24 or 25. At first, I thought he was lieing then he took me to the back and showed me a box that had a sega note on it. it said something like,"DO NOT SELL TILL OFFICIAL RELEASE DATE"..I was like =O..maybe its da strategy guide..He opens it and I see about 7 X360 PSU and about 10 PS2 PSU..I couldnt tell if there were any PC ones...THEN I WAS REALLY HAPPY yet MAD...I begged him to sell it to me but he couldnt..I still got to see the REAL game infront of my eyes..Unless they were store display copies( I dont think walmart has any) then it's totally real...
IS THIS EVEN POSSIBLE =O

I was at electronics boutique on october 20th, and they already ahd their shelves stocked of Final Fantasy 12 which is not due out until October 30th. But the game has already been leaked over the internet, two of my friends downloaded it and showed me the full game. They both played over 10 hours and said it was terrible ; ;.....but...they hate FF12 so I guess can't let them decide for me. Sony screwed up big time with FF12 http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif.

Nilot
Oct 23, 2006, 09:23 AM
On 2006-10-23 00:20, Phalynx wrote:

On 2006-10-22 22:30, Sleet_v2 wrote:

idontbelieveyou!

EXACTLY. I highly doubt an employee would take you into the back, besides, where was your mommy when this happened?

I was playing Phantasy Star since I was 6.. my mommy thought an RPG would be a funner game for me to play.

Sexy_Raine
Oct 23, 2006, 09:26 AM
This thread is BS. No one has the damn game, right.

Shadow Hearts Covalent was actually sold on a Satuday, and the original date was the Tuesday the week after. While it's possible, it's still very rare.

Pikku
Oct 23, 2006, 09:26 AM
An employee takes a 10 year old in the back to look in a box filled with games o.O
Yeah right...

LordHakutsuru
Oct 23, 2006, 09:27 AM
PSU -- October 24th -- Wal-Mart -- 12AM. (http://youtube.com/watch?v=jbm_-EBuImc)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: LordHakutsuru on 2006-10-23 07:30 ]</font>

1337Beeb
Oct 23, 2006, 09:43 AM
I have a leopard at home, my dad invented cheese, I have a fridge made of gold, I can jump over my house, my mum is the queen.

I also went to the back of Walmart and they showed me PSU.

-_-

Mazoku
Oct 23, 2006, 11:26 AM
On 2006-10-23 03:48, DangerMuse wrote:
PSO was released in 2000 for JP /US and in Feb 2001 for the whole of Europe.

Not trying to be a nitpicker, but it wasn't released in the US until January 01. I'm just saying, that makes him even younger. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

See link here:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/dreamcast/data/198288.html

Ryoga4523
Oct 23, 2006, 11:54 AM
He probably is not a liar, I used to work at CompUSA and we always got boxes that said " DO NOT SELL UNTIL such and such DATE" It was the same for movies. They simply do that so that all the stores can sell them the day it comes out. Heck it happened with the XBOX 360 and its games. We had the 360 and all the launch titles about a week before the system came out. Same thing with the Madden football games and it was also the same for WoW. We would get some games before they were officially released, sometimes we received games that came out that day, and often we received games days after their official release. Most of the Super Wal-Marts will have the game midnight on the 24th because they are get shipments around the clock. I remember they got Oblivion at midnight, it just depends if the souchebags behind the counter actually go and put the games out, or know what you are talking about. Now I do not know if the kid went to the back room with a Wal-Mart employee (that is too wierd O_o!!! You could have been kidnapped... or worse -_-!) but the idea of Wal-Mart having the game before it is released is very common in stores that sell things other than just video games ie Gamecrazy and EB games.

chibiLegolas
Oct 23, 2006, 11:56 AM
I'm still not sure why it surprises ppl to hear that games arrives at stores ahead of time, before the release date. It's just like magazines being shipped out a month ahead of time. To be ready to sell at lauch dates, you MUST start shipping to retail stores ahead of schedule.

In large cities like NYC, you can get lucky and get games ahead of release date from smaller, underground games stores who doesn't care about the release policy.
I get them all the time back in the day.

Tystys
Oct 23, 2006, 11:57 AM
Or worse? Oh what ever could you mean, my friend?

Nilot
Oct 23, 2006, 12:00 PM
On 2006-10-23 09:57, Tystys wrote:
Or worse? Oh what ever could you mean, my friend?

Forceful deflowering put nicely

Tystys
Oct 23, 2006, 12:01 PM
I was being...sarcastic....

But oh god, that sounds worse to me, O_O

Ryoga4523
Oct 23, 2006, 12:04 PM
indeed kind sir... indeed.

LordHakutsuru
Oct 23, 2006, 12:39 PM
On 2006-10-22 19:43, Chaobo99 wrote:
IS THIS EVEN POSSIBLE =O

http://img266.imageshack.us/img266/2347/walmartsd2.gif

DrizaSiegmund
Oct 23, 2006, 12:46 PM
look, less polite talk more mugging someone who works @ walmart and nicking their uniform
Then make your way to the storage keys pronto! MISSION SUTATO!!

Yachiru
Oct 23, 2006, 12:49 PM
Lol my mom works at Wal-Mart, maybe I can get it early... >_>

DrizaSiegmund
Oct 23, 2006, 12:51 PM
On 2006-10-23 10:39, LordHakutsuru wrote:

http://img266.imageshack.us/img266/2347/walmartsd2.gif

Not this guy tho, he looks like he has a wife and kids to feed.

On 2006-10-23 10:49, Yachiru wrote:
Lol my mom works at Wal-Mart, maybe I can get it early... >_>

Yes she'll do, COMMENCE THE MUGGING!!

Bast
Oct 23, 2006, 12:59 PM
Yeah, he took him in the back to see his PSU. Personal Servicing Unit.

But seriously, that sounds very odd to me. A clerk, who you don't know left his station to escort to the stock area, which is employee's only to show you that he had the game before it’s release.

AquaFlare7
Oct 23, 2006, 01:16 PM
On 2006-10-23 10:59, Bast wrote:
Yeah, he took him in the back to see his PSU. Personal Servicing Unit.

But seriously, that sounds very odd to me. A clerk, who you don't know left his station to escort to the stock area, which is employee's only to show you that he had the game before it’s release.

I am going to say I believe this. Years ago when I worked for Babbages (Gamestop now) it was very common to receive games up to 2 weeks before release date with the notice not to sell until street date has arrived under penalty of legal action.

I have also had a few of the electronics department workers at Wal-Mart open the back door (but not let me in) so that I could see the boxes they had stacked ready to be placed on the shelves.

It is a common practice to put the boxes of the games soon to be released just behind the back door to the electronics department so that they can be brought out in a timely manner come release date.

This is all coming from personal experience, and not being pulled out of thin air http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

physic
Oct 23, 2006, 01:22 PM
i think you guys really overestimate peoples proffesiionalism, like every dude workin in retail gives a damn about what some manager thinks, or if people even really give that much of a damn, and yeah, i have gone into stores many a time and seen game shipments before the due date, in boxes. Not to say this story is true, but its really perfectly possible. Lets be honest the manager really doesnt care that much, if i was an employee, depending on my mood i wouldnt care as much, and btw the release day is the 24th, says the website and commercials, no store is penalized for sellling it on that day, question is will they have em inventoried and ready to sell on that day.

_glowstiq_
Oct 23, 2006, 01:32 PM
My local store tells me it won't be in until the 25th. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif As long as I am getting it by the weekend, everything is sweet.

mitchm
Oct 23, 2006, 01:40 PM
i think its possible to get games in stores on the release date... EB used to until they changed their wharehouse location. So if the wharehouse is close by (the EBs out here in NY, Webster used to be in PA) then they will have the game ready to buy by 12pm usually. it really all depends on the location of where the games are coming from from what i understand. Also i have known places to get games a week or so before they are supposed to be released. Where i work we get movies and some games (not a lot of electronics where i work) atleast a week before they come out and they all come with the sticker DO NOT SELL BEFORE <insert date>. Again from what i have seen and heard yes games such as PSO, even though its not a halo, can be uin stores on the release date in some places. There are other stores besides EB, Gamestop, and Walmart...

Cause_I_Own_U
Oct 23, 2006, 02:55 PM
so pre orderers who are geting it delivered by fed ex delivery truck are for once gonna get it before the buyers or the same time, OMG OWNED

SolKyoshiro
Oct 23, 2006, 03:10 PM
Selling before street date is soooooo friggin illegal. There's a big nasty fine if you get caught doing it.

Kent
Oct 23, 2006, 03:21 PM
Isn't the fine for breaking the street date about $50,000 per copy sold?

BrandonBa2
Oct 23, 2006, 03:33 PM
Whats worse is selling an online game earlier. A lot likley to get caught when you have a bunch of peple emailing asking why the servers arent up a couple days early.

SpishackCola
Oct 23, 2006, 03:40 PM
Its can be a mix and match of fines, less copies shipped of that particular game in later shipments, less units shipped of future games by the publisher and more.

Kayai
Oct 23, 2006, 03:49 PM
Yeaaah....thats considered illegal and id prolly just wait a day...its only 24 hours XP

But seriously...im just gonna call EB tommorow and ask if they have it....if not..then ill get it wednesday...no big deal

Scallop
Oct 23, 2006, 04:00 PM
This is the most impatient people i've ever seen. 2 MORE DAYS, Chill out.

physic
Oct 23, 2006, 04:16 PM
yes but the release date is the 24th its not illegal to sell it on the 24th, and in this story no one sold it to him anyhow.

AceMac
Oct 23, 2006, 04:37 PM
I think this story is true. When I got my copy of Halo 2, it had a sticker inside the box that said
DO NOT SELL UNTIL NOVEMBER 9TH! The person that showed the guy was probaly a bad employe.

Vhex
Oct 23, 2006, 04:57 PM
I already have a copy, I can't play online though.

Getintothegame
Oct 23, 2006, 06:03 PM
I'm tempted to go to K-Mart now! Hah. Well, I'm thinking of actually calling them.

Yay, break PSU's release date!

(Wow, nostalgia from the DS and Halo 2!)