PDA

View Full Version : State of Forum.

Firocket1690
Oct 23, 2006, 02:39 AM
No, seriously.

Off Topic is getting closer to a slightly more organized FKL. Word association is around to spam words that associate with the previous post? Havn't we been doing that in the landfill since forever? There's a thread for pure random insanity of give and take, and that's been derailed to all hell. Oh, and our 3827th "music thread" is still alive and kickin' on the first page. woooo.

In other news.

The quality of spam in the Landfill is degrading.
Most of it now is just pointless crap, and restating past jokes. Nothing here's funny anymore.

Might just be me, I'm noticing a lack of decent threads lately. =/

Skuda
Oct 23, 2006, 02:51 AM
not just you, dude.

*solemnly raises his mug 'o' rootbeer*

Skorpius
Oct 23, 2006, 04:17 AM
FKL was never funny, consisting mostly of some random topic title and message body that make absolutely no sense whatsoever.

Topic: LOL I SEE YOU
Body: I KNOW WHAT YOU DID THERE.

Blitzkommando
Oct 23, 2006, 04:28 AM
If Off Topic is the new FKL... What does that make PSU General? It's so chock full of topics that move so quickly it is easy to add a full page worth of topics, DAILY. Most of which are repeats or completely unnecessary spam.

I do agree though, Off Topic is also pretty much an "FKL Lite" at this time.

Nai_Calus
Oct 23, 2006, 06:15 AM
Forums on PSOW I used to read and no longer bother with 99.9% of the time:

PSO - General
PSO - Mag, quest, item and Section ID
PSO - Challenge/Battle
Fresh Kills Landfill

Forums I used to read frequently but read rarely now:

Off-Topic
Rants

Forums I read, but not religiously and don't bother to keep up on:

PSU - General
Site-related

Forum I read regularily and keep up with:

Fanworks

Yeah... Seems like most of the people who were worth discussing/arguging with have moved on and it's just n00bs.

Xaos127
Oct 23, 2006, 07:14 AM
Well on a lot of other message boards, the offline section is used for spam and "funny" nonsense.
Atleast here, most of the time, it actually has some pretty interesting topics.

CupOfCoffee
Oct 23, 2006, 09:45 AM
Personally, I blame PSU. It's brought a ton of new people to the site who may or may not be newer to the message board world than most of the old PSOW members. Off Topic and PSU General are now very remniscent of the official PSOBB forums. Lots and lots of cynical, random posts from members with, like, 100 total that nobody has ever heard of before, and an outrageous amount of spam that simply isn't deleted anymore. Maybe we should appoint a couple of new mods in order to deal with all the trash that's building up.

Shadowpawn
Oct 23, 2006, 12:00 PM
On 2006-10-23 02:28, Norvekh wrote:
If Off Topic is the new FKL... What does that make PSU General? It's so chock full of topics that move so quickly it is easy to add a full page worth of topics, DAILY. Most of which are repeats or completely unnecessary spam.

I do agree though, Off Topic is also pretty much an "FKL Lite" at this time.

/fkl/ lite? How the hell does that happen? Also, I agree with the state of FKL, I guess it's due to most of the vets leaving and whatnot.

On 2006-10-23 02:17, Skorpius wrote:
FKL was never funny, consisting mostly of some random topic title and message body that make absolutely no sense whatsoever.

Topic: LOL I SEE YOU
Body: I KNOW WHAT YOU DID THERE.

So why did you used to spend so much time in FKHell then...Hmmmm.... :/

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shadowpawn on 2006-10-23 19:08 ]</font>

Sayara
Oct 23, 2006, 01:05 PM
boo hoo? I mean sorry bud, times are -a changing.

Danger_Girl
Oct 23, 2006, 01:46 PM
I've seen this forum go through a lot of phases like this one. It's all good.

Scrub
Oct 23, 2006, 02:21 PM
I don't see the problem with offtopic.

Just because every topic isnt COMPLETE SERIOUS BUSINESS doesn't mean that it's spam. So people have fun in a few threads, big whoop?

Allos
Oct 23, 2006, 02:48 PM
I concur.

Shigecki
Oct 23, 2006, 03:08 PM
What makes a topic important is relative to who mentioned it, but alot of the stuff in off-topic is beginning to be FLK garbage. I liked going to Off-topic because I liked reading/discussing/debating what people on this web-site thought about the current events. Sometimes topics got alittle to way out of hand, but it was for the most part interesting. Now there are topics like "~WORD ASSOCIATION GAME~" which has nearly 1600 posts and isn't allowed to die off. For the most part it's just 2 to 3 people keeping it alive. Sure its off-topic, but really just a silly FLK game. 15 responses for a topic called "Uh, wow. 52 posts a day? How'd that happen? c.c", and 22 responses about some guy getting a mohawk and so on. There is a place for all these topics, but is that place off-topic?

On 2006-10-23 07:45, CupOfCoffee wrote:
Personally, I blame PSU.

I do too. Well actually I blame all the new members that came because of PSU (I know that's what you meant http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif). I don't even know why there is a forum for PSU on this web-site. Nothing on here about any of the previous Phantasy Star games. It is called PSOWorld. I guess that's another rant for another time, sorry.

watashiwa
Oct 23, 2006, 05:33 PM
I think we all need hugs.

C'mon, don't be scared.

Hugs for everybody. *hug* One for you *hug* and you *hug* and even YOU! *hug*

ABDUR101
Oct 23, 2006, 05:34 PM
*/me gropes wata*

Tease. =]

Moo2u
Oct 23, 2006, 06:55 PM
Boo hoo. Yeah, there's a bunch of crap right now, but that comes with the surge of a new game. If you're complaining about crappy-quality of the threads...

A) Don't reply

or

B) make better topics.

Done and done.

Blitzkommando
Oct 23, 2006, 07:42 PM
On 2006-10-23 16:55, Moo2u wrote:
Boo hoo. Yeah, there's a bunch of crap right now, but that comes with the surge of a new game. If you're complaining about crappy-quality of the threads...

A) Don't reply

or

B) make better topics.

Done and done.

Kind of hard to do when, even if you make a topic, it is quickly bumped back by the slew of "OMG! WUTS UR HARI COLORZ GUNNA B?!?!1/" type topics.

navci
Oct 23, 2006, 10:09 PM
Actually this is funny. Rants is the only section I check regularly.

MaximusLight
Oct 23, 2006, 10:13 PM
That in itself is funn navci, and on that note why don't people start coming back to FKL, it has gotten better in the past mounth or two and to bring back the old funnies might help it out a bit. Just a tought though.

Shadowpawn
Oct 23, 2006, 11:12 PM
That's not going to happen, a lot of things changed in the past two years. We all don't have the time to frequent FKL like we used to.

Moo2u
Oct 24, 2006, 12:07 AM
With epics like CpwninOBrien's fan fic, and Moo2u's Amazing Awesome Adventures, I'd say FKL is on the up and up, while PSU is on the down. I am getting a little tired of all the leftover PSU topics dumped in FKL, but fear not. Once all the n00bs get tired of PSU (which usually dosen't take too long) thinks'll be nice and calm on the PSOW front once again.

S'all good man, let's all mellow out now.
(I'm too damn calm for rants! How does Kodia do it?!)

Shadowpawn
Oct 24, 2006, 10:54 AM
I think his computer school adventures give him the ante he needs for anger...

Mystil
Oct 24, 2006, 03:31 PM
...And some of us are so forum-old we just fade away.

Eihwaz
Oct 24, 2006, 04:13 PM
I'm of the party that thinks a couple of new mods would help restore order. >_>;

Dhylec
Oct 24, 2006, 04:21 PM
On 2006-10-24 14:13, Eihwaz wrote:
I'm of the party that thinks a couple of new mods would help restore order. >_>;

We do have a couple of new mods.
Note, they aren't a couple. ;]

Dangerous55
Oct 24, 2006, 08:48 PM
Give me unlimited power.

Shadowpawn
Oct 24, 2006, 09:26 PM
If your sig any indication...I think we shant giveth ye power.

EJ
Oct 24, 2006, 09:50 PM
We still need new mods for PSU general since there are so many repeat topics that I see that most can either be merged or just locked. FKL is still meh to me but more mods may do it but having more mods doesn't always mean more order will be gain.

Dhylec
Oct 24, 2006, 10:22 PM
On 2006-10-24 19:50, EJ wrote:
We still need new mods for PSU general since there are so many repeat topics that I see that most can either be merged or just locked. FKL is still meh to me but more mods may do it but having more mods doesn't always mean more order will be gain.

There are always mods active in PSU if any is here. Notice that the mod list is pretty long, but many are tied down by life. ._.
Geewj is mostly [read exclusively] modding FKL. It should be in good hands.

EJ
Oct 24, 2006, 10:31 PM
I know Geewj is back and only doing FKL but most of the spam is actually in PSU General and so is many repeat topics that I think should be eother merge or locked.

Dangerous55
Oct 24, 2006, 10:32 PM
On 2006-10-24 19:26, Shadowpawn wrote:
If your sig any indication...I think we shant giveth ye power.

Once I get it, lights out for you buddy.

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Dhylec
Oct 24, 2006, 10:46 PM
On 2006-10-24 20:31, EJ wrote:
I know Geewj is back and only doing FKL but most of the spam is actually in PSU General and so is many repeat topics that I think should be eother merge or locked.

Heh, I won't tell ya how many have been merged today, just say.. a lot. ;]

CherryLunar
Oct 24, 2006, 10:59 PM
Yeah. Someone merged what was once named Poor Hrigg with one of the PSU General topics. XD

Moo2u
Oct 24, 2006, 11:05 PM
I noticed. It's spamtacular. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/spam.gif

Eihwaz
Oct 25, 2006, 02:42 PM
The whole argument that "oh the mods are busy with life" is laughably flawed.

If we have lots of mods, and a significant number of them are too busy with life to actually help out on the forums, who cares if we have them? We could have 100,000 mods, and if none of them come to the site anymore, what good are they?

If too many of the mods are busy with life, why not get some more mods? >_>;

ABDUR101
Oct 25, 2006, 02:51 PM
Real life always comes before PSOW. When the mods get the time, they stop in and clean things up. The staff are volunteers, there's no need to set on-site all day, because it's not going to be completely tidy anyway.

And you can't say the mods don't come to the site anymore, they're here more than you realise.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Oct 25, 2006, 04:45 PM
On 2006-10-24 20:59, CherryLunar wrote:
Yeah. Someone merged what was once named Poor Hrigg with one of the PSU General topics. XD

More like multiple PSU topics and multiple old FKL topics.

Mystil
Oct 25, 2006, 04:47 PM
On 2006-10-24 20:22, Dhylec wrote:
but many are tied down by life. ._.

That's nothing new. It's been like that for many years. This forum simply is too much for some of you to deal with.