PDA

View Full Version : Newbies

Saigan
Oct 23, 2006, 12:25 PM
There seems to be an influx of newbies to the site and 3/4 of them don't seem to know the rules. I'm a big fan of four letter words myself but the violent language is starting to get agitating. Is something being done?

"Why does everyone and their fucking grandma want to know if they can play PSU on dial-up?

GET WITH THE FUCKING TIMES: GO GET DSL OR CABLE SERVICE. Unless you live out in the middle of nowhere, in which case kill yourself."
-Cigaro

A tad much I think.

KodiaX987
Oct 23, 2006, 01:19 PM
-There's a link in bold to the forum rules at the top of the forum list.

-Where's a "Welcome to PSU General" thread in the PSU General forum where there's a guide to making good posts.

-There's also a sticky in the same forum called "Check here first!" to tell people of what's been asked a thousand times.

-The Lounge forum has a sticky called "New people come here", which contains a link to the forum rules.

Generally, newbies who have zero patience and temper can and will act like dicks no matter the amount of rule enforcement, so we can fairly call those guys good riddance. In fact, enforcing the rules on them will ire them even more.

HUnewearl_Meira
Oct 23, 2006, 03:26 PM
If you find that someone develops offensive tendencies, then just use the PM Active Moderators (http://www.pso-world.com/sendalert.php) button, and we'll jump in to clean stuff up. We've actually had quite a bit of foul-language clean-ups and warnings, as of late.

REMEMBER, EVERYONE: This site is intended to be PG-13.

Saigan
Oct 23, 2006, 04:32 PM
Alrighty, thanks guys.