PDA

View Full Version : What is a "present"?

_xX_Frosty_Xx_
Nov 12, 2002, 10:59 PM
A few minutes ago, I traded my Soul Eater to a guy for something called a Present. He claimed I could get a Stag Cuttlery from it but doing Doc's Secret Plan and giving it to him @ the end, but I haven't tried it. He told me not to press the use button on it, but I wanted to see what happened, so I used it and it turned to a raygun. Good thing I didn't save lol......but has anyone seen this item? It's similar to the cakes in fact that it wasn't in a regular item box......

Ruby-chan
Nov 12, 2002, 11:07 PM
You've been gyped. To get a present you do the Gallos' shop quest and have him wrap and item. Once the item's wrapped it becomes a present, which looks like a gift box when on the ground, and when used reveals the item wrapped (like an IRL present.)

In short the only thing you'll get with the present is a raygun.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ruby-chan on 2002-11-12 20:09 ]</font>

_xX_Frosty_Xx_
Nov 12, 2002, 11:19 PM
Well.....I feel smart. Thanks for clearin that up.....

ABDUR101
Nov 13, 2002, 12:59 AM
On 2002-11-12 20:19, _xX_Frosty_Xx_ wrote:
Well.....I feel smart. Thanks for clearin that up.....

Hey I know, be a Re-Gifter and save it for me..then I'll take it and be all like "OMG AWWW Thank You!!"...yeah.. o_O

err..I'm not kidding =X

..wait a second..*runs "raygun" through his head*...OMG! You did get gyped(jipped?)!

My sympathy =X

Kayumi
Nov 13, 2002, 02:31 AM
Gypped? For a Soul Eater? C'mon, that thing's easy enough to get, isn't it? I'm surprised anyone'd trade for one to begin with...from what I understood it's one of those rares everyone seems to have. But then, I've never bothered to get one myself...

Davion
Nov 13, 2002, 03:50 PM
I thought that was what wrapping a gift did. this is great! Think of the fun we can have if we have a PSOW birthday party for someone. Or wedding gifts for Fanfic marriages. All I know is I'm wrapping my Stag and giving it to my best buddy for a "best buddy day" gift.

Sebadoah
Nov 14, 2002, 11:15 AM
I say you bring it back to the shop quest guy and ask him to exchange it for a toaster or coffee maker.. heck, if it works at Walmart..

SnAPPUrU-nyan-ko
Nov 14, 2002, 11:32 AM
I have random rares wraped up as gifts for Friday's event... I'll be trading a random present to people for cat symbol chats ;3

geewj
Nov 14, 2002, 07:03 PM
One day i was bored and just wraped a ton of things. I ended up with 30 wraped rares (10 of which were final impacts). And you cant tell the difference between them once they are wraped.

It was kinda funny to see 30 presents on the floor.

Barubary6
Nov 14, 2002, 07:11 PM
Just be aware that if you spell it "gypped" instead of "jipped" that you are promoting the racism that the word originally intended against Gypsies (not the stereotypical psychic kind, but the ones that live in Spain and France).

-- Barubary

LollipopLolita
Nov 14, 2002, 07:12 PM
On 2002-11-14 08:32, SnAPPUrU-nyan-ko wrote:
I have random rares wraped up as gifts for Friday's event... I'll be trading a random present to people for cat symbol chats ;3

what a great idea snap. looks like it's going to be a good event. pics lots of pics!!

Barubary6
Nov 14, 2002, 07:27 PM
On 2002-11-13 12:50, Davion wrote:
I thought that was what wrapping a gift did. this is great! Think of the fun we can have if we have a PSOW birthday party for someone. Or wedding gifts for Fanfic marriages. All I know is I'm wrapping my Stag and giving it to my best buddy for a "best buddy day" gift.

Wedding mode in the lobby is kind of lame because there is very little decoration... The Christmas mode is more decorated. Wedding mode just has flowers.

-- Barubary