PDA

View Full Version : PS2 Controller to USB Adapter.

Rider
Oct 23, 2006, 09:32 PM
Does anyone know if it's possible to buy one of these from a store? I went into my CompUsa today and couldn't find one for usb, only to gc and xbox.

I heard that you can only get them online which is kind of a bummer because I was hoping to get it before wed when PSU came out and I would have to wait for shipping if I ordered it online. Is the online thing even true?

Also one last question. Does anyone know how much these things usually cost? I'm kind of tight on money right now and I was hoping this would be cheaper then buying a game controller/xbox 360 controller. I know I could always buy some cheap brand controller but I want a nice quality one that won't randomly give out during I'm playing or will be difficult later on.

Mazoku
Oct 23, 2006, 10:34 PM
I bought one at Radio Shack a couple years ago for $9.99. Yes, in a store, not online.

Link5
Oct 23, 2006, 10:49 PM
I bought one off Ebay relatively cheap a while back to use for FFXI, and it worked really well. I'm pretty sure I checked out Radioshack before buying it online, and I don't think they carry that anymore, but I could be wrong. If no stores carry them anymore, your fastest and cheapest bet would probably be something like Ebay.

Rider
Oct 23, 2006, 11:11 PM
I just checked the RadioShack website and they had some items listed as Web Only. I found an adapter for $11.99 and it was labaled as Our Exclusive. Would that mean they would possibly sell them in the store still? If not then I guess I'll go to ebay and just play PSU with a keyboard for a little bit.

Mazoku
Oct 23, 2006, 11:26 PM
When I got mine it was rare. The first store I went to didn't have them. They called a few stores for me and found one that did.

Rider
Oct 23, 2006, 11:31 PM
Hmm... Well there is only one radio shack around here. I'll just go check by there after I get my copy of PSU. If they don't have one then I'll just go home and get one from online.

Thanks for the help everyone.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Rider on 2006-10-23 21:32 ]</font>