PDA

View Full Version : [[[ BBA behind a Firewall ]]]

ThresholdRPG
Nov 13, 2002, 04:38 AM
Hello all, I just found a BBA today at Wal-Mart! YAY! =)

So now I am planning out the installation. I haven't messed with it yet because I don't want to start my free month until I have at least one character ready for Ultimate Mode.

My question is this:

How difficult is setup of the BBA for use behind a firewall?

Some info about my network:

* I have a UUnet T1 coming into my house.

* The T1 connects to a Cisco 2600 router.

* The router connects to a switch (call it Switch A)

* I have one machine also connected to the switch that lives "outside the firewall".

* A cable from Switch A goes into Ethernet card 1 of the firewall (linux).

* Another cable leaves Ethernet card 2 of the firewall, plugging into another switch (call it Switch B)

* All my internal machines are then plugged into switch B, using internal ips of 10.10.10.***

* The firewall is the gateway for all internal machines.

* The router is the gateway for the machine outside the firewall.

Ok, there's the summary.

Now, for my GC, will I need to plug it in outside the firewall, or can I actually put it behind the firewall. I guess it really doesn't matter which, and perhaps it is safer to put it in front of the firewall so it does not present a potential security liability to my internal network.

The questions then are:

1) How do I assign an IP number to my Gamecube (I have a bank of 64 IP numbers).

2) How do I tell my Gamecube what its gateway and netmask are?

Thanks!

SnAPPUrU-nyan-ko
Nov 13, 2002, 10:28 PM
Try to assign the mac address (printed on the broadband adapter) a specific LAN IP through your router =>_>=;
The network setup in PSO asks you for the netmask and gateway info.
If you need to set up virtual server to enable ports, PSO uses these (http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=31726&forum=3)