PDA

View Full Version : Reactivating an XBL account

rbf2000
Oct 24, 2006, 07:36 AM
I had a subscription to Xbox Live for about a year a couple of years ago. I closed the account because I didn't really have time to play with school and work. But now I've picked myself up an Xbox 360, and I would like to reuse my old gamertag. However, I called xbox support, and they said that they aren't able to reactivate old accounts. But the account is still in their system, so they can't recycle the name, either.

So my screen name "rbf2000" is just sort of lost. I was wondering if any of you guys had experience with that. I know the rep told me they can't reactivate old tags, but sometimes you just have to get the right person...

BlueDagger
Oct 24, 2006, 10:08 AM
On 2006-10-24 05:36, rbf2000 wrote:
I had a subscription to Xbox Live for about a year a couple of years ago. I closed the account because I didn't really have time to play with school and work. But now I've picked myself up an Xbox 360, and I would like to reuse my old gamertag. However, I called xbox support, and they said that they aren't able to reactivate old accounts. But the account is still in their system, so they can't recycle the name, either.

So my screen name "rbf2000" is just sort of lost. I was wondering if any of you guys had experience with that. I know the rep told me they can't reactivate old tags, but sometimes you just have to get the right person...

Are you sure you want to do this?... Are you willing to risk your life?........ Okay, well maybe things have gotten a little more under control since I left.... I'm sure if you get the right person, and yell at them enough they'll let you have your account back.

ABDUR101
Oct 24, 2006, 10:15 AM
I think you were told a hefty load of shit to be honest. My gamertag transferred readily to the 360(despite it already being active), there's no need for it not to because it's the EXACT same back-end. It should'nt matter if the account was cancelled/inactive, you're still in the same system.

I'd drop an email, and ask on the LIVE support forums.