PDA

View Full Version : PSU game rating predictions!!

CpwninOBrien
Oct 24, 2006, 01:09 PM
sup guys neone got guesses as to how PSU will get rated by the game sites???

my guess is 10 AWESOME!!! cant wait http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

BioWarrior
Oct 24, 2006, 01:11 PM
8.1-8.5 tops probable... though I know for XBOX360 version specificly IGN will probable give it a 5.0 at most. They seem pretty anti-PSU over there.

Saigan
Oct 24, 2006, 01:13 PM
I think it will rank up in the 9s; when PSO GC & XBOX launched they took game of the month in a lot of publications. Heck, so did Ep 3.

Aphael
Oct 24, 2006, 01:14 PM
I'm guessing the game's going to get pretty low scores, actually. The gamesites are very likely going to zero in on the online content, and if it's anywhere near as limited as the JP version was at the beginning, then that's going to hurt the score

BioWarrior
Oct 24, 2006, 01:15 PM
Let's not forget places like gamespot will probable change their review and scores AFTER they review it once.

DreamLocke
Oct 24, 2006, 01:18 PM
The 360 version will have low scores because reviewers will say the game is a psu port; not taking advantage of the system's graphical power. They will also claim the game is a repetitive item hunt.

I don't care...I played the beta and loved it. Graphics? Have you seen FFXI? It's like ten years old already! And it's a Phantasy star game. In other words, I'm ignoring any reviews. It'll probably score 7's at best.

Katrina
Oct 24, 2006, 01:19 PM
GameBrink gave it a 90 / 100 (the only preliminary review I've seen). PlayStation Magazine prieviewers (CGW rep for PC, 2 EGM reps for 360, and Team OPM rep for PS2) all seemed to really enjoy the time they had, and I think it will score well.

Jasam
Oct 24, 2006, 01:20 PM
It will get low scrores, but I will be amazed if someone from something like gamespot actuly PLAYS the online/network mode (or even unlock network mode ^-^), they will probably say nothing changed since PSO either ^-^

BioWarrior
Oct 24, 2006, 01:20 PM
On 2006-10-24 11:18, DreamLocke wrote:
The 360 version will have low scores because reviewers will say the game is a psu port; not taking advantage of the system's graphical power. They will also claim the game is a repetitive item hunt.

I don't care...I played the beta and loved it. Graphics? Have you seen FFXI? It's like ten years old already! And it's a Phantasy star game. In other words, I'm ignoring any reviews. It'll probably score 7's at best.

Bet you they make a comment about "stick fingers" in practicly every 360 version review too. Graphic whores need to learn its about game play not about graphics http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif that's why we don't see much 2D games anymore cause of them bleh....

Cause_I_Own_U
Oct 24, 2006, 01:22 PM
Gamespot will give it a 8, IGN will give it a 3, IGE will give it a 5, -5 cause they cant farm rare mobs but not a 1 cause meseta is important

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Cause_I_Own_U on 2006-10-24 11:27 ]</font>

Kaloa
Oct 24, 2006, 01:23 PM
My guess is somewhere between 7 and 9, although I'd be very surprised if anyone gave it a 9. Gaming sites always rank all the games I hate high and the games I love low.

CpwninOBrien
Oct 24, 2006, 04:26 PM
ya thers no way it can be scored low Ethan kicks to much ass and game is to fun http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Midicronica
Oct 24, 2006, 04:29 PM
I frequent IGN for videogame reviews.. I'm expecting it to get somewhere in the 8.1-8.5 area. Although they might be a little harsh on the 360 version for "not looking next-gen." With the addition of the more complete story mode this time I think that the game will get a more positive rating that it's predecessors.