PDA

View Full Version : Monolithe (Work in Progress)

Skorpius
Oct 25, 2006, 02:13 AM
I'm not finished with it, but I'd like to share.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v31/Snapshots/Other/monolithe-1.png

The entire image was created in the GIMP, using only a mouse and my awesome talent. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif
This is about 4-5 hours of nonstop work, with probably 2-3 left to go. I plan on creating a forest on the left, which will balance out the pond on the right.

HUnewearl_Meira
Oct 25, 2006, 01:52 PM
You've done impressive work here, Skorp. When can we expect the next bit?

Eihwaz
Oct 25, 2006, 02:45 PM
Very cool, I like the concept of this. To me, it looks like some still image from an RPG cutscene. I'm looking forward to seeing the completed version.

Skorpius
Oct 25, 2006, 06:22 PM
Thank you for the positive replies. I'll probably work on it a little more tonight so keep your eyes open tomorrow.

Mitz
Oct 25, 2006, 09:14 PM
I sure do hope you scaled this image down because if it took you 5 hours to make such a small piece then lol...

Anyway, looks nice.

HUnewearl_Meira
Oct 26, 2006, 12:49 AM
It may be a fairly small piece Rizeru, but there's a great deal of very small details included that many may have overlooked. Consider the reflections in the water, for example.

-memoru-
Oct 26, 2006, 10:29 AM
Wow, your mouse skills humble me. XD

Very nice work. <3

Mitz
Oct 26, 2006, 04:00 PM
On 2006-10-25 22:49, HUnewearl_Meira wrote:
It may be a fairly small piece Rizeru, but there's a great deal of very small details included that many may have overlooked. Consider the reflections in the water, for example.

Copy mountain layer, paste mountain layer, flip vertically, reduce opacity, done. Reflections take no time at all.

Skorpius
Oct 28, 2006, 07:27 PM
Then lol what, Rizeru?

Sgt_Shligger
Oct 28, 2006, 10:30 PM
On 2006-10-26 14:00, Rizeru wrote:

On 2006-10-25 22:49, HUnewearl_Meira wrote:

Copy mountain layer, paste mountain layer, flip vertically, reduce opacity, done. Reflections take no time at all.

Erm, what about doing it all with a mouse O.o

Skorpius
Oct 29, 2006, 10:08 PM
The reflections took only about 5 minutes to get just right, but I don't see why an image that size needs a quick time. I guess Rizeru was just attempting to counteract the praise I was getting by posting such a condescending comment.

About an update, I'll attempt to work on the image this week and provide a final version. I've been busy with this new game called Life. So hard.

Sord
Oct 29, 2006, 10:50 PM
On 2006-10-29 19:08, Skorpius wrote:

About an update, I'll attempt to work on the image this week and provide a final version. I've been busy with this new game called Life. So hard.

yeah, that spinner can be a real pain in the ass. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

on a serious note this is pretty good. The only complaint I can come up with is the edge lines on the pillar seem much more sharply pixelated compared to the rest of the scene.

Skorpius
Oct 30, 2006, 03:39 AM
The very next step I was going to do was soften up those edges before hitting the forest, tree by tree.
I started working on some other projects. Go me.