PDA

View Full Version : lolPod

Feelmirath
Oct 25, 2006, 03:24 AM
Looks like it's another episode with some video iPods out there. I just received this e-mail from Apple.

We recently discovered that a small number - less than 1% - of the Video iPods available for purchase after September 12, 2006 left our contract manufacturer carrying the Windows RavMonE.exe virus. This known virus affects only Windows computers, and up to date anti-virus software that is included with most Windows computers should detect and remove it. So far we have seen less than 25 reports concerning this problem. The iPod nano, iPod shuffle and Mac OS X are not affected, and all Video iPods now shipping are virus free. As you might imagine, we are upset at Windows for not being more hardy against such viruses, and even more upset with ourselves for not catching it.
I was somebody who bought a video iPod around that time, but luckily, I'm not in that "less than 1%".

If you bought a video iPod around the time, make sure you do a virus scan with the iPod connected XP

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Oct 25, 2006, 03:31 AM
They are upset at Windows when up to date included anti-virus software should detect and remove it?

Anyway, good to know. Thanks for the heads up.

Blitzkommando
Oct 25, 2006, 05:20 AM
I like how even when it is their mistake, they blame Windows for being succeptable to a virus. Yeah, great way to insult your customers for their choice in computers.

Bleh, it's that arrogant attitude (And the fact I really don't like iTunes) that has me looking really hard at getting one of those oddly named "Zune" players from Microsoft. It really seems to have all the features I want, including an FM tuner. And, hey, if it makes me someone who 'thinks not-so-different' to do so, so be it.

Kevino
Oct 25, 2006, 08:52 AM
i dont have an ipod and dont plan on getting one. but that is ... akward and funny. i agree with Norvekh i dont like itunes. but i dont need anything music related right now. i have me bass and sax and music at home thats all i need for music. i may consider said "Zune" when i need one.