PDA

View Full Version : What happened to the PAL version of Front Mission 3?

Tweengo
Oct 25, 2006, 10:25 AM
About 7-8 years ago, I saw Front Mission 3 here in the shops in the UK for the PS1, so I bought it. Man, the greatest game of it's type I ever played, and something new for me. Then my brother messed the disc up so I had to find a new one but couldn't. Since then, I've been hoping it will turn up somewhere pre-owned, but no luck. Everywhere I ask they say it wasn't released here, but if it wasn't how come I bought it? Even on Wikipedia it says it was released in Japan and US, but not Europe, and I bought the PAL version. What has Japan got against Europe. Was it cancelled for some reason?

SubstanceD
Oct 25, 2006, 02:15 PM
I live in Ireland and I used to own a Pal copy of Front Mission 3 so your sources are wrong ( as you probably know since you also owned a copy ). I bought my copy at launch, I got about a third of the way through it before I lost interest ( strategy games arn't really my thing, the only strategy games that I have ever liked are Vandal Hearts on the PS1 and Disegea on the PS2 ). A few months later I traded my copy in in order to afford a new game.

To be honest with you, I don't think you are going to find a second hand copy. Under the best of circumstances it was always a very hard game to come by over here. I've only seen it in games shops on very rare occasions and that was years ago. It also doesn't help things that most games stores no longer stock PS1 games. If you are really desperate for a copy try shopping around EBAY, you might get lucky but it might alos cost you an arm and a leg.

Neith
Oct 26, 2006, 08:31 AM
It definately was released, I have it. (PAL PS1 copy, I live in the UK)

It's gonna be really hard to find a copy of it now though, I only ever saw it in GAME once- which is when I bought it. Next week, it wasn't there, and I haven't seen it since.

Shame really, it's one hell of a game. I still play it quite often, despite completing both storylines, and getting the best Wanzer in the game http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

So fun using Body Smash http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

Must have been somewhat of a rare game if everywhere says it never released here, because it did.