PDA

View Full Version : ARGH, CAN'T BEAT LAST QUEST ON MINES!

MogKnight
Feb 24, 2001, 08:30 PM
It's that one quest where you have to go through the caves and fight that Worm thing again. The guy keeps dying on me, sometimes he dies with one hit. I am a RAmar at level 24, can anyoen help me?

Eugirdor
Feb 24, 2001, 08:37 PM
I suggest casting Deband on him constantly.

Mik
Feb 24, 2001, 08:52 PM
I've only been playing as a HUmar so hopefully all this applies... One way is to have Deband cast on Mome and yourself for the whole battle healing him every single time he gets hurt by casting Resta or using a Star Atomizer. Casting Jellen on the boss also really helps. I've also noticed if you move around a lot the boss tends to target you a bit more than Mome. Though, for any boss, having the whole slew of status modifiers running (Shifta, Deband, Jellen, and Zalure) makes the battles considerably less difficult.

Ariahl
Feb 24, 2001, 09:51 PM
I am having the same problem http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_wink.gif
I was goign to try the debuff and buff thing and keep him healed.
that lil Mome is too weak

Arcadean
Feb 24, 2001, 11:28 PM
I tried it at level 28 with my RAmar on Normal, didn't take. He died quick even with Resta and debuffs. Tried it at 37 again and worked fine.

Danger_Girl
Feb 25, 2001, 02:20 AM
Ya that is a suckie one! I found you can use yourself as a shield to screen some of the damage away from your little partner. One of the more nasty attacks occurs when the worm flanks your boat and he lets loose with the purple beams. Get yourself in between the worm and the weakling. With a character who can cast techs it aint so bad with the healing. But as you HuCasts know....well its not an option. Do your best to stay in between the worm and Mome. Good luck!