PDA

View Full Version : PC PROBLEMS! PLZ Help! Getting really mad/frustrated.

Zhakel
Oct 25, 2006, 04:41 PM
Ok... picked up my copy and really wanted to play, SO. I get it installed, both PSU and DirectX. But there are a bunch of things that are completely haulting me from playing, because I am too bothered with them.

1. I am using a PS2 to USB connector on my PS2 controller. I can't set configure the buttons WHATSOEVER. All I can do is use the defaults and they aren't very comfortable to me.

2. Along with my configuration issues above, my right analog stick is all messed up... when I press left, the camera moves up... right, the camera moves down... up, the camera moves left... down, the camera moves right.

3. During gameplay, when I swing my sword or shoot my gun, I have no sound effect, but when I teamed up with No and Do Vol... I could hear their weapons being swung and shot. Sound effects are already set to 8.

4. I tried making a character for online mode, everything went fine until I got to the voice selection. I hit spacebar and heared nothing.

I already tried restarting my PC and that didn't help. I really am getting frustrated at this because I'm not all that great with computers. PLZ... if know how to help me, plz be specific with your directions. Thank you SO much.

uhawww
Oct 25, 2006, 04:58 PM
The PC version of PSU isn't very friendly to more a lot of audio setups.
If you're not in stereo (ie, 5.1, 7.1, etc) then the global sound for the game get kind of wonky.

Try Setting your Speaker Setting (in Audio Options in Control Panel) to "Desktop Speakers"

Zhakel
Oct 25, 2006, 05:20 PM
For some reason, my speakers WERE set to 5.1 surround. But when I set them to Desktop speakers, it still didn't do anything for my weapon effects.

Zhakel
Oct 25, 2006, 05:59 PM
Now I've noticed that it's not just my sword sounds. I can't hear my footsteps either.

Zhakel
Oct 25, 2006, 07:15 PM
bump...

Arrow203
Oct 25, 2006, 07:28 PM
Well alot of the code for the pc version is still kinda new even though its supposdly been tested quite a bit, but they should have that problem fixed soon, i've had that problem several time

Zhakel
Oct 25, 2006, 08:50 PM
I got my sound to work. I went into my audio settings and unmuted the microphone setting of all things... and my voices, footsteps and sword sounds all came back. Still kinda wondering about the controls, but for now, I can live with just using L2 to keep the camera behind me.