PDA

View Full Version : PS2 networking issues with ICS

Disa
Oct 25, 2006, 07:47 PM
I'm trying to get my PS2 networked to share my PC's internet connection via ICS, but I'm having trouble. I had read in some places of people saying that the set up is the same as if you were doing it for an Xbox 360, which I can get to work, but the PS2 isn't being read by the PC.

I have a NIC card in my PC and I'm using a crossover cable from the PC to the PS2 and then using ICS to share my connection. I leave everything as auto or whatever it defaults to. This works for the 360, but the second I take the crossover cable out of the 360 and into the PS2 sitting next to it, the PC says "Network cable unplugged".

Any information or suggestions on this issue are greatly appreciated. I wanted to play on the PS2 version and not the 360 since that is where all the folks I know will be playing. I'm really hoping this can get worked out, otherwise I just lost $60 http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Disa
Oct 25, 2006, 08:28 PM
A minor update. It seems that the PS2 is visable to our laptop through ICS, but its our desktop PC that we need it to be seen by. The settings for ICS and the internet connection are exactly the same on both systems.

Disa
Oct 26, 2006, 05:29 AM
More information:
PC > PS2 - doesn't work
PC > Xbox360 - works
PC > Laptop - works
Laptop > Xbox360 - works
Laptop > PS2 - works

Why is the one configuration I want the only one that won't work? >_<;

I've also tried updating the NIC drivers as well as arranging it into a different PCI slot, but that hasn't helped.