PDA

View Full Version : PS2 Control Scheme - Can someone post it?

darthjones
Oct 25, 2006, 09:13 PM
I'm currently using my PS2 controller on my computer. It works great but I wanted to configure it exactly the way it is on the PS2 just in case I ever decide to get that version. Are there any detailed explanations on this site or somewhere else that anyone can point me toward? If not, can someone scan a copy of the control scheme in the manual and post it?

Thanks

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: darthjones on 2006-10-25 19:15 ]</font>

DoubleJG
Oct 25, 2006, 09:49 PM
Ok, this is what I've gathered from playing so far...:

X button : Ok/enter/push/sit
O button : Open Action Pallete
Square : Attack
Triangle : Photon Art
Start : Open menu
Select : ???
Left Analog : Move character
Right Analog : Camera, push it down to enter 1st person mode for Guns (R3)
L1 : Strafe (scroll down in the items section of the action palete; ie monomate scrolling)
L2 : scroll up in the items section of palete
R1 : Press this to use the second held weapon such as a gun to enter gun mode, and is also used to scroll down in the weapons palete
R2 : scroll up in the weapons palete
D-Pad : Not sure, but I'm going to say scroll thru the menu (similar to the C-stick for PSO).

If I left anything out, someone please correct me. Hope this was helpful!

darthjones
Oct 25, 2006, 11:03 PM
Thanks. I was able to configure everything. I'm not sure what "Change Character Info Display" is though. Anyone care to fill me in?

DoubleJG
Oct 25, 2006, 11:14 PM
That is for Network Mode. For example, if you ever played PSO, you could switch between having player names & level, just player names, wins and losses, challenge mode rank, and ID number, or nothing from being above all of the players' heads. The same thing works here for PSU. Although I have not been online yet, I imagine it means switching from "name & lv , name , nothing."

darthjones
Oct 25, 2006, 11:40 PM
Ah. Thanks. It was driving me crazy. I kept pressing it but nothing was happening. I made that the Select button since all the other PS2 controller buttons were accounted for (except for the left analog stick button).