PDA

View Full Version : help with start up error

theShaman
Oct 26, 2006, 12:49 AM
alright when i click to start either story mode or network a window pops up thats black and then another little error window comes up and it says on the window error of course then below that has nothing but little squares kinda like this

[][][][][][][][]
[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]

thats all that is has on the window can someone help me out with this thank you.

theShaman
Oct 26, 2006, 12:32 PM
so does anyone have any ideas that can help me out thanks

uhawww
Oct 26, 2006, 12:39 PM
Looks like you are supposed to be getting a Japanese error, but you don't have Asian languages installed.

So you'll basically have to go through the general rundown of Initial JP error fixes, ie, checking you firewall/antivirus settings (making sure the SEGA folder has been listed as an exception), reinstalling the game, making sure your ports are open and forwarded if you are behind a router, etc...

Dj_SkyEpic
Oct 26, 2006, 12:45 PM
Alright. For some reason I'm getting no window screen at all. I was able to complete the installation and all but when I click things like networkmode and story mode, no screens appear. I can change things like the settings and all but thats just about it.

Any help ?

uhawww
Oct 26, 2006, 12:50 PM
On 2006-10-26 10:45, Dj_SkyEpic wrote:
Alright. For some reason I'm getting no window screen at all. I was able to complete the installation and all but when I click things like networkmode and story mode, no screens appear. I can change things like the settings and all but thats just about it.

Any help ?

Either:

-Your Windows accoutn is restricted. Reinstall as Administrator, or to an account with administrative priveleges

-Your 3D acceleration is malfunctioning. Make sure you have the latest drivers from your GFX HW manufacturer. Also make sure DirectX is up to date. Install the version on the DVD if necessary.

-Game is unable to discern your graphics hardware. Either your driver is generic (or rare instances, unsigned drivers may cause this) or the adapter shares memory from system (usually a behavior of internal graphics adapters)

-You do not meet the games minimum requirements.

Dj_SkyEpic
Oct 26, 2006, 12:56 PM
[/quote]

Either:

-Your 3D acceleration is malfunctioning. Make sure you have the latest drivers from your GFX HW manufacturer. Also make sure DirectX is up to date. Install the version on the DVD if necessary.

[/quote]

I'm pretty sure those are the the only things I havent checked. Everything else, I have the minimum requirements and full access to my computer. I have the Latest Direct X9c. I'm going to try a dvd version as you have said.

EDIT: Yep. That was the case. EVEN THOUGH I already had a Direct X 9.0c installed in my computer I had to use the one from the psu dvd. after I installed, Nguard starts up and now I'm good to go.

Thanks there partner, Hop to see you online http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dj_SkyEpic on 2006-10-26 11:00 ]</font>

theShaman
Oct 26, 2006, 03:11 PM
how do i make my ports open and forwarded ?

uhawww
Oct 26, 2006, 03:21 PM
If you have an active Firewall on the system, consult it's documentation to ensure the proper ports are open.
If you are behind a router, consult it's documentation to ensure the proper ports are being forwarded.
The TCP port numbers are 11000, 11001, 11100, 11101 and 12000 ~ 12010.

theShaman
Oct 26, 2006, 03:27 PM
iam sorry to ask but where do i go on the computer to do this . like the control panel or my computer?

uhawww
Oct 26, 2006, 03:44 PM
This is all application controlled.
Firewall settings must be done in the Firewall application itself.
Router settings have to be set from your router page (your default gateway address).
You can check the instructions from the documentation provided by the respective manufacturers of those devices (ie. I don't know what kind of router you have, or what firewall/AV software you are running, so i can't really help you set it up.)

Alisha
Oct 27, 2006, 08:58 AM
On 2006-10-26 10:39, uhawww wrote:
Looks like you are supposed to be getting a Japanese error, but you don't have Asian languages installed.

So you'll basically have to go through the general rundown of Initial JP error fixes, ie, checking you firewall/antivirus settings (making sure the SEGA folder has been listed as an exception), reinstalling the game, making sure your ports are open and forwarded if you are behind a router, etc...

my little brother is having the same problem do you think its a game guard related problem?