PDA

View Full Version : ULTIMATE MODE....Better chance for better RARES?

Boozie
Nov 14, 2002, 12:13 AM
I was wondering if it "easier" to find good rares in ultimate mode as opposed to playing hard/v.hard. And if so, isn't it mainly the only place to find ver.2 rares? (besides from episode 2) I'd like to hear many comments on this and recieve many opinions. Thanks alot for all of your input http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

...and sadly I have no online playing ability, just incase you are wondering.....

ABDUR101
Nov 14, 2002, 12:25 AM
In Vers 2, you could find alot of rares almost constantly in Ultimate mode.

There were times I'd find about 8+ rares in one run through any of the areas.

I haven't played Ultimate mode for Episode 1 & 2 yet..but I'd beleive it's the same. The higher the difficulty, the better the chance of finding rares, and better rares.

Atleast thats how it's always been for me.

Boozie
Nov 14, 2002, 12:30 AM
Thanks for yuor info http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Yeah, I was playing in Ult. FOrest and seeing that I'm a low lvl right now, it was very hard...no ULTIMATE. lol... Those bartles will get to ya after a while...

oh and if anyone who reads this could, PLEASE LEAVE A LIST OF SOME OR ALL RARES FOUNS IN ULT OFFLINE VER.1! THANKS!

sMaRtAzZ
Nov 14, 2002, 12:55 AM
well not all v2 items are ONLY found in ultimate mode.
i found 5 elysions in vhard forest, and yea u can find a lot of the v2 items throughout the game

FinalMasterM
Nov 14, 2002, 12:56 AM
Sorry to say, but I've already gone through Ult mode and the rare drop is just as if you were playing ver.1 again.

But more offten, so far I've gotten 1-3 (different)rares per area after playing them 2-5 times. I've not seen a Red Weapon yet, nor have I seen any mass drops of rare items (heck I've still not seen a God/Unit, guessing it's a hard find unless you're Redria).

ABDUR101
Nov 14, 2002, 01:00 AM
Wow..so they did change it for Episode 1 & 2. I thought they'd keep the rare finds the same for Ultimate, since you used to pretty much require a good rare to do decent damage. I remember trying to hack at the Bartles for the first time with my Chainsawd max grind...the red "Miss"s still give me nightmares. o-O

I ended up using a Varista until I came across a Red Handgun, right before the Ice Dragon and lvl 101. Yes..that was sooo much fun afterwards.

Ah well..atleast it'll be more interesting this time around. =D

VulpesMundi
Nov 14, 2002, 02:51 AM
Well they majorly toned down Ultimate mode. I beat Falz on Very-Hard and then took my main character (at the time level 59) into Ultimate. The damage was mediocre, but she was hitting consistantly with a Vulcan. A VULCAN! Mechgun type with nominal ATP and ATA and she was holding her own. Took me under an hour to clear the forest with only that Vulcan. In ver.2 that would have been an impossibility. It's a lot harder online/offline-multiplayer I imagine. But on my first trip thru the Ulti forest all I found was a Kaladbolg. Not very reassuring.

PSOGuyver
Nov 14, 2002, 11:11 AM
You guys expect way to much from this game, the rares airnt just going to "fall" in your lap. You need to work for the good ones thats why they have the title of "SPECIAL WEAPON" You cant just go through a lvl once and expect to find a bunch of good rares, if that was the case everyone would have lots of rares. Whats the fun in that? "All I got was a Kaladbolg on my first run though ULTIMATE Forest, thats not very reasuring" WTF are you talking about? What did you expect a BERDYSH? You will get your rares just be patient. Damn

You guys act like a bunch of cry babies.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: PSOGuyver on 2002-11-14 08:13 ]</font>

DB
Nov 14, 2002, 11:34 AM
Guyver knows what he's talking about at least... Just, he should be a little less harsh, with his input... =/

ABDUR101
Nov 14, 2002, 02:10 PM
...not all of us were "complaining". You have to remember that the majority of people here are used to playing Vers 2, Ultimate mode. We'd find atleast 7 rares in one pass through an area.

Everyone is just now getting used to the rare distribution system.

I can't complain, I'm lvl 52 and I've found atleast 5 or 6 rare weapons, which is great. Alot of people realise the game isn't about finding rares, but if thats what some people want to turn the game into, a big quest for rares, than thats fine, they are still enjoying the game. =)

VulpesMundi
Nov 14, 2002, 11:09 PM
On 2002-11-14 08:11, PSOGuyver wrote:
"All I got was a Kaladbolg on my first run though ULTIMATE Forest, thats not very reasuring" WTF are you talking about? What did you expect a BERDYSH? You will get your rares just be patient. Damn

I don't see where that was a complaint from me. I was just saying it's not very reassuring as to how quickly one will find stuff compared to the other difficulties. If I was complaining I'd have been like "Why am I not finding *insert item*" and things like that. Lighten up, dude.

If you'd pay attention to other topics you'd notice that I'm finding my fare share of goodies. I have no real complaints so far. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Vashin
Nov 14, 2002, 11:25 PM
On 2002-11-14 08:11, PSOGuyver wrote:

watch what you say,no one is complaining here.

anyways, so far i have gone through Ultimate forest about 5 times, i found:

1 Guilty Light
1 Mace of adaman
2 Kalabolg's
1 Bloody art

im Oran so hope that helps out. BTW all of them i found in Forest 2

Boozie
Nov 15, 2002, 10:36 AM
Thanks whoever posted last. Sorry I didn't catch the name http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Did you find guilty light off of a normal enemy?
I'm a ranger and must find one!

i'm greenill however. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Symphony
Nov 16, 2002, 01:35 AM
Ult forest does give out quite a few rares. I have found myself 4 Guilty Lights on it, two of which I found on the same forest run. I just got a Holy Ray off of the Sil Dragon too. So rares do come.

Boozie
Nov 16, 2002, 02:46 AM
sYMPHONY..WAHT'S YOUR SECTION ID?

thanks

Nani-chan
Nov 16, 2002, 06:41 PM
Seriously though. You should find a decent weapon in your own level of difficulty. Sure there is the occasional nice person who may give you a nice weapon/trade in your favor but there's a satisfaction of getting some stuff on your own..

Besides you will want to go through hard and vhard first. Not only for some resist/devils for those creatures that cast Megid. But also the level requirements for armor so you're not dying with every enemy swings. Trust me them sharks not only get stronger but they get faster too.

:edit To answer your question... You will find some of the higher vhard items and some stronger stuff since it will make your life easier.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Nani-chan on 2002-11-16 15:45 ]</font>