PDA

View Full Version : Wonder if I can get my Guardian License fee back.

NeuroNomad
Oct 26, 2006, 10:06 AM
I wonder if there is any way to get my Guardian License money back. I stupidly paid for the 180 plan. After being able to get in the online version for a few minutes last night but then beening unable to get back in because of the authentication issues, and then today I can't play either offline or online due to the black/blank screen issue, I really just want my money back. I know I will not be able to get it back from the game itself but as it stands right now I am out over $100 for a game that doesn't even work for me. Argh.

Flunky
Oct 26, 2006, 10:12 AM
As you're probably aware, just about any MMO release is like this- I remember when most of WoW's servers died for about a week on release. Though I kinda doubt sega will do it, it'd be proper form to give free days of service to people with active accounts (like what blizzard has done in the past).

As for a refund, I'm betting you could get one if you act soon and pester a bunch of people. Theoretically you've already started getting your service (even though in truth they've botched getting it to you), so the party line would be no refund. Make a ruckus on the phones or something, though, and they'll probably accede to your request.

Personally, I never buy anything but the monthly plan for this very reason. I guess that's just pessimism, though.

Hrithmus
Oct 26, 2006, 10:14 AM
Same here i got billed twice once for the $9.99 and once for the $49.99. I have it on my transaction history. I'm not to worried since i have something that dosen't work. If they don't like giving my money back shit is going to hit the fan.

SpikeOtacon
Oct 26, 2006, 10:18 AM
I'm just a little upset that they won't give us a free period, like most other MMOs have. I'd like to be able to see if I'm going to get sucked in before giving them any more money for it. I feel like i'm being cheated here. The online problems are to be expected.

Valkayree
Oct 26, 2006, 12:12 PM
On 2006-10-26 08:12, Flunky wrote:

Though I kinda doubt sega will do it, it'd be proper form to give free days of service to people with active accounts (like what blizzard has done in the past).

They gave the Japanese PSU players a month free when the servers collapsed last month.

mechatra
Oct 26, 2006, 12:52 PM
^

We actually got two months free, without having to pay anything.

Mewn
Oct 26, 2006, 01:05 PM
One of those months was free anyway, because you got it by registering your serial number, so Valkayree is technically correct. Especially since he is specifically referring to free time given due to server issues.