PDA

View Full Version : What, or who, is "IDOLA"?

DB
Nov 14, 2002, 07:19 AM
Among the subject question, being, who or what IDOLA is... I also want to know what the words on the Ruins gate mean? I know POUMN, relates to a weapon, claw type, one of the best in the game. For HUnewearls only. Do those other words relate to weapons as well? Does IDOLA relate to a weapon, or is IDOLA, the entity? I have no idea. So, I thought i'd just post it, and hope someone had some answers. Or even an opinion on the matter. Anything to me, will be feasible enough, as long as it adds to thought.

Parn
Nov 14, 2002, 07:33 AM
IDOLA - Derivative of "Eidolon", meaning apparition or phantom.

POUMN - Derivative of "Parma", the first planet of the Algo star system. Note that Parma was a Terran world (think green).

MUTT - Derivative of "Mota", the second planet of the Algo star system. Note that Mota is a Desert world (think red).

DITTS - Derivative of "Dezo", the third planet of the Algo star system. Note that Dezo is a Frozen world (think blue).

Keep in mind, Rico asked herself if the prior three words are possibly an incantation, implying that she has no background information on the words. If you were an old-school PS gamer, they would mean something. Now do the colors on each pillar and the seal make a little sense?

It's weird, because there seems to be a possible connection, but then Flowen goes off and says the homeworld is Coral, but that's a planet never, ever mentioned in the previous PS games. Eh, whatever Sonic Team.

DB
Nov 14, 2002, 07:36 AM
I understand now. Those names ring a bell, mostly from Phantasy Star 2. I played alot of 2, and some of 4. The others, I never got the chance. So, thank you very much! ^_^ And, I guess that means, IDOLA, is the entity of course... The entity that is known as Dark Force, Dark Falz... Ect...

Kayumi
Nov 14, 2002, 10:50 AM
If the possible connection is from the ancient spaceship side of things, of course the Pioneer crew isn't going to be from the same system as the old games. They locked it up and threw away the key, and then the Coralians found it and unleashed it.

Davion
Nov 14, 2002, 12:24 PM
IDOLA the Holy and IDOLA the distorted could be the Great Light and the Profound Darkness, couldn't they?

KodiaX987
Nov 14, 2002, 12:33 PM
Strange, I used to think that Idola the Distorted stood for "I am a monster, ph33r me!" And when he switched to second form, it's holy: "I am your new 3l337 g0d! Worship me, bitch!"

http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Kayumi
Nov 14, 2002, 01:10 PM
Somehow I doubt Dark Falz speaks 1337.

Either way, Olga Flow's themes both contain IDOLA, as well, so that needs to be added to the theory, too.

KodiaX987
Nov 14, 2002, 01:25 PM
DF is ugly, un-scary and easy to kill. Therefore, he has the same characteristics as a n00b lamer, therefore he HAS to speak l337!! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Kayumi
Nov 14, 2002, 01:31 PM
DF isn't all THAT easy to kill. And I just did a quick spot check on the pillars because the order of Muut Diits Poumn was a little weird to me there--listed in no particular order--but I guess they're the way you say. Guess that's what I get for being such an untrusting person, huh? http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

DB
Nov 14, 2002, 06:34 PM
*Sits on his ass* Ya know... How do you get "Heart of POUMN"? I'm just curious... And, since IDOLA, is refering to the entity... Think about it... If it possesed Rico... It possesed Flowen... It's just the same entity. A different shell. Such as the BGM, "IDOLA" have the Divine Blade. Means that, it wields flowens skills, and his mighty sword. And as for speaking 1337... Well... You know Olga Flow has too... Remember the topic about what he says, before the fight... I calculated it... It's all in jumbled 1337.. He's talking super smack... Something about.. "1 w177 RoX0rZ y0uz! 1 w177 0wnz0rZ a77 of y0uZ!" That's as far as a I got in the translation... Feel free to add... o_O;

Kalbelgarion
Nov 14, 2002, 06:51 PM
I'm still a firm believer that the Pioneers came from Algol...there's way too much evidence to support it.

I'll think of something...perhaps the Algolians renamed "Motavia" "Coral" for some reason...perhaps the remind them of Palma....or something.

Anyway, my web page (in my profile) outlines all the reasons why I believe that the Pioneers are from Algol, what the Ruins are, and the history of Ragol...of course, I haven't played Episode II yet, but I imagine the bulk of it will stay the same when I do play Episode II.

Kupi
Nov 14, 2002, 07:35 PM
Actually, Kal, wouldn't they have come from Palma/Parma? I remember finding a computer in Phantasy Star 4 that said that there was a huge fleet that left Palma before it was destroyed, and some drifted off into space rather than landing in the Algo star system? Those are probably the ones that found Ragol.

Kalbelgarion
Nov 14, 2002, 10:24 PM
There's tons of evidence to go against them being from Palm. This includes the abundant Numans on Pioneer 2, the Mags, and even the lack of newspapers. I futher explain this on my theory page. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

sonicblue
Nov 14, 2002, 10:34 PM
WOW.

I have really got to play these Phantasy Star games. This sounds way too damn cool to pass up.

Alielle
Nov 14, 2002, 11:00 PM
Hooray for plotholes. >.<

Agent_Reav
Nov 14, 2002, 11:20 PM
Phantasy Star has the most inconsistent and occassionaly incoherent plot of any RPG series I have ever played. I find it more reasonable to just play the games and have fun rather than analyze all it's plot flaws; to avoid becoming a Phantasy Star geek. And trust me... Hardcore PS geeks are worse than Trekkies.

Soliptic
Nov 15, 2002, 12:45 AM
After the destruction of Parma (Palma--whatever), according to PS2, PS3 and PS4, many Parman ships left the Algol solar system. Phantasy Star 3, in fact, takes place on one of these Parman generational ships. You even fight Dark Force at the end. Who's to say that a different generational ship didn't land on some planet called Coral? It would certianly explain alot, and also tell us where the Pioneer ships came from. Then they encounter a ship that never made it, so to speak (complete with it's own Dark Force incarnation). Really, despite PSO's lack of plot, there are a lot of ways Sonic Team's script writers could hack it out.

sols

Kayumi
Nov 15, 2002, 01:19 AM
Why do the player-characters NEED to be linked to the old PS games? Can't they just have a completely new system to have come from, and the ancient ship the only link? I mean...come on, can't the game be enjoyed on its own without having to link it to the past?

DB
Nov 15, 2002, 12:15 PM
That'd be to much like Final Fantasy... Where even though they share the same title, and a different number, every time... It's an entirly different game... o_O;

Kalbelgarion
Nov 15, 2002, 09:40 PM
Soliptic, I see a few problems with your theory. The most major one is the inclusion of Numans in PSO. The only two that existed in PS2 died during the game. Another one wasn't created until 1,000 years later, and its DNA was hoared by a super computer on Mota. The fleeing Palmans couldn't even have known about the Numans, let alone have their DNA.

Othat than that, it's plausible. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

RavenTW
Nov 15, 2002, 10:16 PM
Plus the fact that the entire star system was starting to be destroyed, so the Pioneers sent unmanned probes. No, whoever we are in PSO, we didn't just find Ragol.

I'm gonna have to ask: Does Episode 2 talk about IDORA? (please don't give me a detailed explaination, just answer Yes or No.)

Either ironic, odd, or coincidental: Flowen comes from Coral (like sea coral), and you fight him in the Sealab. Just thought about that.

A Sonic-Team related question: Has anyone thought that maybe Sonic Team gave us so little connections to normal PS in order to make us come up with our own connections? Just wondering.

Kayumi
Nov 15, 2002, 10:58 PM
Actually, I thought they might have not made any obvious links for the same reason they supposedly included episode I with Epsiode II--to make the game more accessible to first time players who knew nothing at all about the original games.

Soliptic
Nov 16, 2002, 12:46 AM
On 2002-11-15 18:40, Kalbelgarion wrote:
Soliptic, I see a few problems with your theory. The most major one is the inclusion of Numans in PSO. The only two that existed in PS2 died during the game. Another one wasn't created until 1,000 years later, and its DNA was hoared by a super computer on Mota. The fleeing Palmans couldn't even have known about the Numans, let alone have their DNA.

Hmm, I thought some of the people in PS3 were Numan, but I checked and indeed you're right. Well, I"m sure there's a plausable explination somewhere. Perhaps these Numans are different of something? Who knows. My theory is also damaged because of the inclusion of Rika's Claw as a weapon in PSO GC. Ships of the PS2/PS3 era would obviously have no info on Rika, and thus their descendants would have no reason to name a weapon after her.

=/

sols

DB
Nov 16, 2002, 04:46 AM
Or maybe from a whole different place... Ya never know... And what about androids? Were'nt they a little uncommon as well?

faceless
Nov 16, 2002, 04:59 AM
pretty much everything out there from book series to game series to tv shows that has been scrutinized has plotholes... it's just too hard to keep up with absolutely everything that's been reviously done on a particular thing... it's a way of life... but watching people trying to analyze the plotholes sure is entertaining to read though!

DB
Nov 16, 2002, 02:04 PM
Lavis Cannon! Hear my cries! Show me the power of the divine blade! And lead me to victory!

"Stand tall... And shake the heavens..." -DB-