PDA

View Full Version : voice chat doesent work

Tetzuro
Oct 26, 2006, 01:48 PM
for some reason i cant seem to talk to anyone on my game, but i can private chat with them, WTF 360 servers are so retarded

Zabot
Oct 26, 2006, 01:52 PM
in the beta, sometime you had to have their partner card, their gamertag, and be in a party in order to chat, try that then let us know again.

Peace Man, hope this helped

Tetzuro
Oct 26, 2006, 01:54 PM
nope still doesent work, they can hear me but i dont hear them

McLaughlin
Oct 26, 2006, 01:56 PM
You need to be in a Party to use Voice Chat.

Zabot
Oct 26, 2006, 01:56 PM
oh, lots of people had that problem in the BETA including me. it sucks, but its a problem with your account and your connection, everyone thought it was only a BETA thing, obviously not. that sucks man, try diconecting then reconnecting.

st45st
Oct 26, 2006, 02:02 PM
I had same problem on beta it was , my router i had hooked up for some reason , when i went straight to the modem it work find 100% time , but moment i tryed through the router would do same thing people here me but i cant here them, but sometimes would work find with the router hook up if i had 2 friends from xbox live in game,

Tetzuro
Oct 26, 2006, 02:07 PM
naw i hook up to both router and modem doesent matter how i connect, when im in a party i dont hear my friend, i can hear only a select few, but not alot of people, its really strange, i even lag but i have up to 3mbps...

McLaughlin
Oct 26, 2006, 02:10 PM
Your NAT level is probably strict. I don't know how to change it, but I bet that's the culprit.

Divanti
Oct 26, 2006, 02:10 PM
On 2006-10-26 12:02, st45st wrote:
I had same problem on beta it was , my router i had hooked up for some reason , when i went straight to the modem it work find 100% time , but moment i tryed through the router would do same thing people here me but i cant here them, but sometimes would work find with the router hook up if i had 2 friends from xbox live in game,

My router wouldn't even let me connect to the beta at first. Run a Test Connection from your 360 dashboard and see what it says for NAT settings. Mine was moderate and that's what was screwing me up. It might also apply to problems with voice chat. If it says open, then I don't know what to tell you. BTW, to get mine to change from moderate to open, I had to change my router's settings to enable Universal Plug and Play. Hope that helps.

Thrash777
Oct 26, 2006, 02:16 PM
It has something to do with using private chat and screwing up the voice connection between people I think...

Jaylix
Oct 26, 2006, 02:26 PM
You want NAT to say Open.

If it doesn't, you will have problems talking to other people who have a restricted NAT setup.

Tetzuro
Oct 26, 2006, 02:31 PM
mine is open..

Oyako
Oct 26, 2006, 02:34 PM
I had that issue in the beta...... I noticed that if I went into any private chat before or during PSU that my ingame chat would just stop working. It would only do it to the person I was in the private chat with originally. Sometimes it would just not work at all. My only advice is to restart the 360 and not do any private chatting. :0 worked for me but it may not be the fix or even the problem in the first place....

xTATANTULAx
Oct 26, 2006, 02:38 PM
Possibly a problem with your Mic? Sometimes in H2 People can't hear me and I can hear them. I just unplug and plug it back in and it works...

Sizzors
Oct 26, 2006, 02:39 PM
On 2006-10-26 12:10, Zeta wrote:
Your NAT level is probably strict. I don't know how to change it, but I bet that's the culprit.

You can't change it...

It means the firmware is imcompatible with Xbox live. The last time I checked the definition of firmware...

(You have to buy a new router)

Tetzuro
Oct 26, 2006, 02:40 PM
no wait i just checked my connection test mine says moderate

Tetzuro
Oct 26, 2006, 02:42 PM
i went into my router and enabled Filter Internet NAT Redirection...but i still get moderate how do i change this...

McLaughlin
Oct 26, 2006, 02:42 PM
No. If your NAT level is strict (which he's already said it isn't) you could try to UPGRADE your firmware. Just go the the brand name's webite, and find your router on their list. Then, DL the newest firmware (it should say if that grade of firmware is compatible with Xbox Live. At least, D-Link says if it is or isn't).

Tetzuro
Oct 26, 2006, 02:43 PM
no mines moderate and i got the latest firmware

McLaughlin
Oct 26, 2006, 02:43 PM
Tetzuro, what kind of Router do you have? (Model number and brand please)

Tetzuro
Oct 26, 2006, 02:47 PM
WRT54G ver 2.0 linksys

Jaylix
Oct 26, 2006, 02:48 PM
If your router/firewall supports it, enable UPNP to get your NAT to easily change to open. If you don't have a UPNP option on your router/firewall, and you TRULY have the latest firmware for it, then you can setup a port forward to your 360 from your router/firewall.

Obviously setting up a port forward is a bit more technical than just enabling UPNP.

If you don't have a UPNP option and you refuse/can't enable port forwarding, then your NAT is what it is.

Disastorm
Is there voice chat on pc ?

McLaughlin
EDIT: I'm a slow typer.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zeta on 2006-10-26 12:49 ]</font>

Sizzors
Oct 26, 2006, 02:49 PM
On 2006-10-26 12:42, Zeta wrote:
No. If your NAT level is strict (which he's already said it isn't) you could try to UPGRADE your firmware. Just go the the brand name's webite, and find your router on their list. Then, DL the newest firmware (it should say if that grade of firmware is compatible with Xbox Live. At least, D-Link says if it is or isn't).

You can check on Xbox.com, and if you bought a router after the release of Xbox, then chances are, if your firmware still doesn't work, you need a new router.

Edit: For Clarity, I mean the Original Xbox.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sizzors on 2006-10-26 12:55 ]</font>

Jaylix
Oct 26, 2006, 02:50 PM
Oh, one more thing.

Some routers have REALLY shitty implementations of UPNP. Meaning, it doesn't work at all.

If you have UPNP on and the 360 still isn't detecting NAT as open, you have to setup port forwards.

Tetzuro
Oct 26, 2006, 02:50 PM
my UPNP is enabled as well, i think i have the firewall on the router on and that screws it up

Tetzuro
Oct 26, 2006, 02:51 PM
yeah i think i need to port foward maybe, and i had my router before 360's launch but i read online and i think is compatible

McLaughlin
Oct 26, 2006, 02:51 PM
On 2006-10-26 12:49, Sizzors wrote:

On 2006-10-26 12:42, Zeta wrote:

You can check on Xbox.com, and if you bought a router after the release of Xbox, then chances are, if your firmware still doesn't work, you need a new router.

Not true. I only bought my DI-624 in February (after I moved) and it's kind of a lemon out of the box. However, Firmware version 2.70 fixes all the problems with the old firmware, and makes it Xbox Live compatible.

Jaylix
Oct 26, 2006, 02:52 PM
Apparently this is a common issue with the WRT54G. Check this out...

http://forum.teamxbox.com/showthread.php?t=463207

Also for more...

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=WRT54G+360+port+forward&btnG=Google+Search

McLaughlin
Oct 26, 2006, 02:56 PM
http://www.xbox.com/en-US/support/connecttolive/xbox/homenetworking/compatible.htm

According to that list, you need Firmware version 3.01.3 or 3.03.6.

Try upgrading your Firmware?

Disastorm
Oct 26, 2006, 02:58 PM
is there voice chat on the pc version?

Disastorm
Oct 26, 2006, 03:01 PM
oh ok

McLaughlin
Oct 26, 2006, 03:01 PM
Not unless you use a 3rd party program.

Sizzors
Oct 26, 2006, 03:03 PM
On 2006-10-26 12:48, Jaylix wrote:
If your router/firewall supports it, enable UPNP to get your NAT to easily change to open. If you don't have a UPNP option on your router/firewall, and you TRULY have the latest firmware for it, then you can setup a port forward to your 360 from your router/firewall.

Obviously setting up a port forward is a bit more technical than just enabling UPNP.

If you don't have a UPNP option and you refuse/can't enable port forwarding, then your NAT is what it is.

How would you do this. I have a moderate NAT...

Jaylix
Oct 26, 2006, 03:15 PM
It is completely dependant on your router.

google your router's model with 360 NAT and port forward in the search string.

You can also try http://www.portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/routerindex.htm and click on your router in the list, then click on xbox 360 live.

Tetzuro
Oct 26, 2006, 03:34 PM
ok i got my xbox to say open but now im getting server issueed interrupt request problems... when i try to connect

Jaylix
Oct 26, 2006, 03:54 PM
That is due to high server load, it had nothing to do with you or your NAT device/router/firewall.

Also, since I helped you, maybe you can help others.

If someone runs across the same issue you had, maybe you can say in this thread what you did to fix it or what instructions you followed to get your NAT to open.

Tetzuro
Oct 26, 2006, 04:25 PM
will do, the answer is basically in the port fowarding and making your xbox's ip static, i just logged in and played with my friend who i opened his NAT also after you showed me and well we played a game and anyone else who joined 5 others, we couldnt hear them and when we typed to them, they replyed we cant hear you or anyone, same responce in the lobbys from others this game is gonna go down unless microsoft or sega does somthing...

l4wl
Oct 26, 2006, 04:33 PM
How to change to OPEN NAT in your router settings, this worked for me.

http://forum.teamxbox.com/showthread.php?t=451043

Tetzuro
Oct 26, 2006, 04:39 PM
should make this a sticky so people can fix there own routers...too many silent partys on psu.. lol

Tetzuro
Oct 26, 2006, 08:12 PM
yeah umm issue came back and im open NAT ... this is a server issue with sega..

Billups
Oct 26, 2006, 08:30 PM
How widespread is the voice chat problem? I couldn't get mine to work during the beta and my NAT was open. Is anyone on 360 going to use a keyboard?

McLaughlin
Oct 26, 2006, 08:43 PM
I'm using a Keyboard, and I had no issues with Voice Chat in the Beta.

HyperShot-X-
Oct 28, 2006, 04:45 AM
I upgraded the firmware on my router and voice chat problem is solved. I was too lazy to look up the firmware on the router setting and i've been using outdated firmware on my router for the past 3 yrs for my Live games,...such a shame on my ignorance, http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_no.gif

bluect
Nov 15, 2006, 04:04 PM
Tetzuro,
Did you ever get this fixed. I have the same problem. I friend of mine also had this problem and he had to finally buy a new router to fix it. I think it is only with Linksys Routers. It is driving me nuts. I have tried everything. I have open NAT and I still get the problem. I'm probably going to go buy a netgear if I can't get this to work.

bluect
Nov 15, 2006, 04:05 PM
Tetzuro,
Did you ever get this fixed. I have the same problem. I friend of mine also had this problem and he had to finally buy a new router to fix it. I think it is only with Linksys Routers. It is driving me nuts. I have tried everything. I have open NAT and I still get the problem. I'm probably going to go buy a netgear if I can't get this to work.