PDA

View Full Version : How do you get more NPCs in your party online?

StanleyPain
Oct 26, 2006, 07:24 PM
Obviously, you get the guy from the tutorial, but I remember reading somewhere it was possible to get other NPCs to join you online...how do you do this?

Babiesonfire
Oct 26, 2006, 07:39 PM
Whenever they come out; Quests.

StanleyPain
Oct 27, 2006, 02:05 AM
Does anyone with JP version know?

AlphaMinotaux
Oct 27, 2006, 02:06 AM
how do you get your npc to join you online? i havent figured it out yet.

galaxy
Oct 27, 2006, 02:06 AM
go to party, form party, and choose your NPC's partner card. simple as that.

Dj_SkyEpic
Oct 27, 2006, 02:13 AM
You have to do the online tutorial and complete it. Then the person that takes you through the tutorial will hand you his or her partner card. Now, you have to be the leader of a group,

go to Community, party , partner card, then add the NPC to your party.

I've yet to try to add someone who already had an NPC as a partner since no bothered with the tutorial.

Common.. Free strike technic!!

Clyde
Oct 27, 2006, 02:16 AM
It should be noted that NPC deaths count against your rank at the end of the mission, so get used to soloing most of the time

Ravij
Oct 27, 2006, 10:11 AM
or keeping your npc alive..

Garasu
Oct 27, 2006, 10:13 AM
Can you get other NPCs?I just have Hyuga(who I hate...!)

Blenjar
Oct 27, 2006, 10:23 AM
I didn't do the tutorial...i want my NPC..and use it as a human shield.

-- Blen

Garasu
Oct 27, 2006, 10:24 AM
I hope they dont sap your EXP like in Guild Wars...(you killed Freakin Hard Monster!Your party shares 100 EXP!You get 20 EXP!You find 20 Gold!Your Party shares 20 gold!You get nothing!)

_Deliverance_
Oct 27, 2006, 10:24 AM
I'm pretty self sufficient. I don't really feel the need for an NPC. The only time it could come in handy, is if you need a 6th for a mission, but can't find one. Meh.

Lastnight, I noticed that the NPC's aren't all that smart. ;>.>

myomer
Oct 27, 2006, 10:33 AM
Yeah you get the partner card for your tutorial mentor but have not seen anything yet for other NPCs; I would like to try adding someone with an NPC already invited though. I think it will not work however, as I believe you have to be the leader of the party to do so. Not sure.

In any case, I have Maya Shirow (rawwwr). Dig them glasses and open chest outfit. She gave me her partner card. She thinks I'm awesome. *beams*

Yes I'm a nerd. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Agrias
Oct 27, 2006, 10:35 AM
Excuse me, but, ahem.. Yes I would play with her titties.

Garasu
Oct 27, 2006, 10:36 AM
PSU hentai!Yay!>_<

StanleyPain
Oct 27, 2006, 12:13 PM
So....again I ask people with the JP version....where do OTHER NPC charcters for online mode come from?

I am aware of all of things in the thread...I'm just asking one simple question.

Darce
Oct 27, 2006, 12:21 PM
Itīs sad how sexually frustrated some of the Hunters appear to be. :/

AngelLight
Oct 27, 2006, 12:26 PM
NPCs:

As far as I know, for now the only npcs you have access to are the Tutorial ones (which depend on what race you are) and your PM once she becomes combat capable.

Later on, when the expansion comes out (the one already out in JP), you can have the beast girl come with you....I think her name is Laya or something like that (but dont quote me on that name). It may also be specific to certain missions as well....not too sure.

I'd imagine as new content is uploaded, you'll see more npcs likened to that beast girl one.

Keep in mind, their AI is exactly the same as in offline (in other words they SUCK and dont do anything 95% of the time but stand there).....with the exception of possibly the PM (there's a rumor going around that they are super agressive in AI)

Hope that helps.

Scirrocco
Oct 27, 2006, 02:28 PM
how do you do the tutorial? I got it on my first character, but on my second and third i didn't get it (which sucks cause i want that free rising strike)

myomer
Oct 27, 2006, 07:17 PM
On 2006-10-27 12:28, Scirrocco wrote:
how do you do the tutorial? I got it on my first character, but on my second and third i didn't get it (which sucks cause i want that free rising strike)

Talk to your PM. The "talk" option. It will ask you what it can do for you, then from there you can select the tutorial.

Shiro_Ryuu
Oct 27, 2006, 07:40 PM
is it possible to have an NPC partner of a different race? like for example, is it possible to have like Maya as a partner for a human?

Inazuma
Oct 27, 2006, 07:57 PM
in the network mode ep2 story missions, you get more npc partner cards. so far the jp ver has 2 missions up. the first gives you leia martinez (beast woman), the other gives you Lou (the female cast hunter from the offline story mode).

You have a limit of 2 NPCs being used at one time, and this includes the PM.

Guitarsmasher
Oct 27, 2006, 08:03 PM
......the hell is going on??