PDA

View Full Version : SOLUTION TO SLOWDOWN! (without loosing your FPS)

Caydence
Oct 26, 2006, 08:18 PM
simply:

lower your Resolution!
its that easy.

then, test out how high you can go without slow down, and there you go! quick and easy!

now my game runs smooth and quick, as it should http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Caydence on 2006-10-26 18:25 ]</font>

Randomness
Oct 26, 2006, 08:43 PM
Nice... But since I dont like full-screen mode... I have it so it ALMOST fills the screen... I might drop it a notch though.

Caydence
Oct 26, 2006, 08:58 PM
yeah full screen doesnt look great.

Itsuki
Oct 26, 2006, 09:17 PM
you can always drop the res, and stretch the screen.

jimmer411
Oct 26, 2006, 11:13 PM
turn off vsync and its fixed.

DoubleJG
Oct 27, 2006, 01:31 AM
What DOES V-sync do exactly?

Itsuki
Oct 27, 2006, 04:26 AM
Normally, the computer will do the animation, then write it to the screen buffer. Now, if your screen is updating at 60 hertz, whats to say that the computer will finish with that frame at the same time as your screen refreshes? Well, none.

Instead, what happens, is if your computer is running too fast or too slow, you get choppy screens, where your computer starts drawing the screen, then half way through drawing, the buffer is updated, and the second half of the screen is the next frame.

This is where v-sync comes in. It basically tells your computer to stop, and not update the buffer until its done drawing, then sync itself when the draw goes back to the top of the screen.