PDA

View Full Version : Buy the latest items or hope for a board to drop?

Deja
Oct 27, 2006, 12:31 AM
So far I've purchased two levels of spears, the first spear I bought in curiosity, and linked a PA and loved it. Then I traveled to the other planet and bought one that I can equip when I get 5 more ATP. I'm just wondering, it seems you can't upgrade/grind/do anything with store-bought weapons. I went to a "weapons upgrade" shop and they said they can't do anything with my weapon. So is it best to play and play until a spear board drops, or continue to buy the latest and greatest?

I want to make a spear with magic linked to it, and grindable. Guess I gotta wait to synth one...

Garnet_Moon
Oct 27, 2006, 12:44 AM
People told me I wasted 8k meseta on a Rank B staff, but I beg to differ. They keep saying to synth my own of higher quality, but I don't see the boards they are talking about in the shops, nor do I see any sort of Force weapon drop, let alone Boards.

Buy from the shop for the first char when ya get the meseta, and when we figure out what drops what as far as boards and class-related weapons go, use that to help any future chars or your present one. Don't gimp your party by doing 50% of the damage you COULD be doing, if you upgraded to that B-rank weapon. I love my new staff. :3

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Garnet_Moon on 2006-10-26 22:45 ]</font>

RoninJoku
Oct 27, 2006, 12:47 AM
I've noticed that buying the boards and materials to synth seems significantly cheaper than buying the actual weapons... However, it takes time to synth, and it can fail which is a real kick in the teeth... For the most part I'd say try synthing if you have the mats lying around.

Deja
Oct 27, 2006, 12:49 AM
Hmm, maybe you can buy boards, although I don't know where. On one of the planets? For now though I'm happy with the damage output of my first spear. My new one will increase ATP and ACC a ton, and I'll be quite the hunter at lvl 9.

I think I'll start focusing on boards/grinding/infusing elements on homemade spears later on, perhaps lvl 15. But anyone know where to buy weapon/armor boards?

Garnet_Moon
Oct 27, 2006, 12:51 AM
On 2006-10-26 22:49, Deja wrote:
But anyone know where to buy weapon/armor boards?

Everyone who has laughed at my 8k staff(price wise, not b/c of the dmg) has said to go buy a weapon board and make a better one. Not a single one has said where to do so.

I assume they mean player shops... now, as soon as I figur eout how to use that search feature... >_>

RoninJoku
Oct 27, 2006, 12:53 AM
There were some decent boards in the syntesis shop on Parum... don't know if they make weapons any better than what you have garnet.

Garnet_Moon
Oct 27, 2006, 12:54 AM
On 2006-10-26 22:53, RoninJoku wrote:
There were some decent boards in the syntesis shop on Parum... don't know if they make weapons any better than what you have garnet.

I'll have to check the list again. I didn't see anything of the sort when I was there. Maybe I was just too tired to read the list properly. Thanks for the info.

Deja
Oct 27, 2006, 12:57 AM
Okay then, my mission tomorrow is to find a decent board for a spear on Parum, then grind that sucker and perhaps fuse ice with it if I can ever figure out how (I think I will over time). I love spears, and my goal is a killer one at a low level.

Thanks everyone!

EJ
Oct 27, 2006, 01:04 AM
to buy the boards go to the PM shop which is the one with the purple logo on it to buy boards and ingredient for the item to synth.

Go to the other planets to find different boards and synth items.

Proto-Reqium
Oct 27, 2006, 01:10 AM
Either way works out... Found a stellerline(sp) armor board(cost 6k to buy 2.5k to make).
It can help alot, but the syth % can be a turn off at times.

MagicPink
Oct 27, 2006, 09:33 AM
On 2006-10-26 22:31, Deja wrote:
I'm just wondering, it seems you can't upgrade/grind/do anything with store-bought weapons. I went to a "weapons upgrade" shop and they said they can't do anything with my weapon.

All my stuff is store bought and I've added grinders and Photon Arts to all of them. You just have to go to the right weapons upgrade shop for the brand of weapon you have, a move I find to be incredibly stupid on Sega's part but whatever, I'll live.

As for adding elements, yeah, you can only do that with weapons you make.

Darkmgl
Oct 28, 2006, 12:55 AM
The Parum and Neudaiz Synth shops sell all B rank weapons and armor for their respective manufacturers up to one rank beyond what is sold in the shops (5* B Rank vs 4 Star B Rank). Supposedly there are 6* B rank boards that are drops in the higher level missions at the moment. If you want the best items possible for now, get one of the 9000 boards and create a level 1 char with the highest luck level for the week and just synth it with basic photons. Just about all the weapon/armor boards have 3 capacity (meaning you get 3 shots for your 9k board). This means if you get what you want and have spare synth mats, make more and sell them to people! You'll get your cash back and your new item. I made a 5* Durandal this morning with light attribute for hunting in Linear Line, had almost an 80% success rate.

For the time being, the only advantage to synthing is it takes you a level beyond what shops sell, and lets you set elements. Once you get an approriate PM levelled up, it opens up a whole new world of potential items and higher stats.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Darkmgl on 2006-10-27 22:58 ]</font>

Disastorm
Oct 28, 2006, 12:58 AM
i tried to synth some weapon but it failed so i lost over 4k worth of materials.

agenevil
Oct 28, 2006, 01:32 AM
Synthing seems like a good idea as long as you can make at least 2 or 3 of the item, so you can at least get some meseta back.

Nika
Oct 28, 2006, 02:13 AM
Why don't buy a bargain weapon from other players. LOL

SlothMotion
Oct 28, 2006, 02:52 AM
Wepaon upgrade counters can only upgrade their own brand. When the brand on the wepaon - that colored logo in the upperleft corner of the info screen.

SailorDaravon
Oct 28, 2006, 08:59 AM
Maybe I missed it in the database, but is there anywhere that has a listing of how many of each material are needed to make an item with a board. There are some weapon boards that cost $4,300 that I would buy, but on the buy screen it just does you what materials you need, not how many of each, and two of them I only have one of each. I'm worried if I buy the board I'll need like 4 more or something, and I'd rather save my money at the moment if that's the case.

Whoops, found it in the database. However for all the weapons I'm looking at, it doesn't list the specifics for those weapons yet http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SailorDaravon on 2006-10-28 07:19 ]</font>