PDA

View Full Version : GC: Dark Faltz Judo Chop

Jeffrey
Nov 14, 2002, 05:09 PM
I'm a level 43, PINKAL FOmar in Hard level Ruins. I wreck everything in the ruins in just a few hits and chug fluids like therre is no tomorow. I can kick the crap out of Dark Faltz first two forms in roughly six minutes but when it comes time to fight it's final form, I am killed instantly.
*SLAP*
I can't dodge it. Dark Falts has lowered attack and I have amped defense and my best armor and shields.... my MAG does nothing to boost my defense though. What do I do??? I just KEEP LEVELING in the ruins but it seems impossible to beat the third form.
I want to go rappy hunting!! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_cry.gif
and yes, I am offline.

Is it a smart idea to use MACE OF ADAMAN with the BARTA MERGE?

Rhete
Nov 14, 2002, 07:59 PM
On 2002-11-14 14:09, Jeffrey wrote:
I'm a level 43, PINKAL FOmar in Hard level Ruins. I wreck everything in the ruins in just a few hits and chug fluids like therre is no tomorow. I can kick the crap out of Dark Faltz first two forms in roughly six minutes but when it comes time to fight it's final form, I am killed instantly.
*SLAP*
I can't dodge it. Dark Falts has lowered attack and I have amped defense and my best armor and shields.... my MAG does nothing to boost my defense though. What do I do??? I just KEEP LEVELING in the ruins but it seems impossible to beat the third form.
I want to go rappy hunting!! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_cry.gif
and yes, I am offline.

Only thing you can do is get more hp. Easiest way to do this is to get units like Digger/HP and General/HP. I'm not sure how much damage the slash does on hard mode, but you should (I'm not sure) be fine with 300 hp (probably less). You'll also need some elt (light resist) to survive his grants attack though.

On 2002-11-14 14:09, Jeffrey wrote:
Is it a smart idea to use MACE OF ADAMAN with the BARTA MERGE?

That is a good idea, until the last form of falz you should probably switch to something else. Heres what spells falz is most weak against

Darvants: Ice
First form: Lightning
Second form: Ice
Third form: Fire

Since you can get to the last form but die right away, I'd recommend bringing a fire weapon and switch to it when you get there. Fire Scepter: Agni or even better a Club of Laconium would work best

Jeffrey
Nov 14, 2002, 08:17 PM
I have both those... but do they amp my Foie? or do they just add fire damage when I beat people with them? Also, I have a RED BARRIER and an Amplifier of Foie. Should I merge them to help in the fight or wait for Amplifier of Red to come along?

Rhete
Nov 14, 2002, 08:46 PM
On 2002-11-14 17:17, Jeffrey wrote:
I have both those... but do they amp my Foie? or do they just add fire damage when I beat people with them? Also, I have a RED BARRIER and an Amplifier of Foie. Should I merge them to help in the fight or wait for Amplifier of Red to come along?

Club of Laconium amps only foie, but does so by a lot
Fire Scepter: Agni amps all fire spells (foie, gifoie, and rafoie) but does so by a small amount each.

Since foie is easily the best spell to use on Falzs last form, Club of Laconium is the best choice.

As for the barriers, you should try to fight him a few more times before you resort to that, since once you can survive his attacks the fight should be easy, doing more damage won't effect it much.

One extra thing, a Red Merge (Amp of Red + Red Barrier) boosts all fire spells, but less of each like the Agni. Unless you tend to use all three a lot, I would recommend making a singular one, most likely Gifoie merge since you're a FOmar for maximum effect

Jeffrey
Nov 14, 2002, 09:29 PM
Thanks. Good advice. I use Gifoie constantly. Rafoie tends to do only slightly more damage while guzzling five times the TP. I forgot the elemental weakness of Faltz forms so I just kept pummeling it with Grants.

RavenTW
Nov 14, 2002, 09:34 PM
Yeah, Grantz is terrible against Falz's last form. But as Brady Games put it in their guide, Heart-Series Handguns are the best (like a Gush Raygun), as you can damage him while he's invincible, and heal your HP.

But nothing beats a High-Synchro mag that can use Pilla and/or Golla.

sMaRtAzZ
Nov 14, 2002, 09:42 PM
hey dark faltz can be hard at times...
when i was lvl like 37 with my HUcaseal i went against dark faltz and on the third form i was scared to death.

i was too low level and he killed me in one hit when he does that weird "shadow" move when its like an illusion of u and does like 5 hits...and rite at the end when he was about to do that and i had to scape dolls, i shot him and he died....DO NOT TRY TO BEAT HIM AT A LOW LVL! his grants took about half of his life because i was using 4 saint/units which are very useful <hehe got that from the strat guide from brady games>

but for a force...thats a toughie. in the dreamcast version, i beat faltz at like 50 when i was offline with my FOmarl. i used grants on him, and it wasn't that bad. o well just try ur own strat to kill him with some help from these posts

Messiah62286
Nov 14, 2002, 11:38 PM
Im not sure if what i've been doing is a glitch or an actually safe place, but during the final boss'es 3rd form, im sure everyone gets annoyed with that light attack he does that seems unavoidable, but recently I took my lvl 61 Hucast and decided to try and take him out in very hard mode, I found that there is some spot that you can stand on and the yellow light attack fizzels out and does nothing, Its near the outside of the circle, im not sure if maybe its just a glitch or there is a spot you can stand, the problem is you cant see the floor when he does that attack, I only have 1 controller so i cant use my camera. Someone look into this for me.

Jeffrey
Nov 15, 2002, 12:08 AM
I moped the floor with the sissy. Couldent of done it without you guys. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

VHARD Rappy hunting time!!!