PDA

View Full Version : Martial Artists on a Mission [Hunter Discussion]

Shiro_Ryuu
Oct 27, 2006, 10:54 AM
You can win with a long weapon, and yet you can also win with a short weapon. In short, the Way of the Ichi school is the spirit of winning, whatever the weapon and whatever its size.
--Miyamoto Musashi

Forces and Rangers have their discussion threads but us, the Hunters don't, so I volunteer to make the thread to the skilled, trained fighters known as Hunters. so, yeah, ITT, Hunters.

About Hunters:
Hunters are the trained fighters who excell at melee combat, using mainly swords and blades.

Hunters
The basic Hunter class
Maximum Job Level: 10
Skills: 20
Bullets: 10
Techniques: 0
S-Rank: None
A-Rank: None
B-Rank: Swords, Spears, Knuckles, Twin Sabers, Twin Daggers, Sabers, Daggers
C-Rank: Handguns

Fortefighters
A better hunter class with much better HP, ATP, and DFP, more skilled with big, two-handed weapons.
Requirements: Hunter lv 10
Skills: 30
S-Rank: Swords, Spears, Knuckles, Axes, Twin Claws, Claws
A-Rank: Twin Sabers, Twin Daggers, Sabers, Daggers, Handguns

Figunner
A Hunter who can also use guns with somewhat less HP, ATP, and DFP than the Fortefighter but with better ATA and EVP, better with fast, multiple hit weapons.
Requirements: Hunter lv 5, Ranger lv 3
Skills: 30
Bullets: 20
S-Rank: Twin Sabers, Twin Daggers, Double Sabers, Sabers, Daggers
A-Rank: Swords, Spears, Knuckles, Twin Claws, Claws, Crossbows, Handguns, Machineguns

Wartecher
A Force who can also slash, leans more towards being a Force than being a Hunter, probably not as much ATP, DFP, or HP as the other 2 expert classes but better MST and TP which it can actualy use.
Requirements: Force lv 5, Hunter lv 3
Skills: 20
Techniques: 20
S-Rank: Twin Daggers, Daggers
A-Rank: Knuckes, Twin Sabers, Spears, Twin Claws, Sabers, Claws, Longbows, Handguns, Cards, Wands

Weapon Types
Sabers: a one-handed medium length sword, only hits one target for a three hit combo but a left-hand weapon can be equipped with it at the same time.

Daggers: a one-handed short sword, hits a single target with a 4 hit combo but just like the saber, can also be equipped alongside a long range weapon.

Claws: a one-handed hand claw that hits one target 3 times and can be double equipped with a ranged weapon.

Twin Sabers: A pair of medium length swords on each hand that can hit one target with a 6 hit combo.

Twin Daggers: A pair of short swords that hit one target in a 7 hit combo

Twin Claws: A pair of claws that hit one target 5 times.

Swords: A very large sword that can hit multiple targets in a 3 hit combo, slashes instead of stabs like the spear.

Spear: A long polearm with a blade at the end that hits multiple enemies in a 3-hit target, but it stabs instead of slashes.

Knuckles: A pair of gloves that make one's punches harder, lands a 4-hit combo on one target

Double Sabers: A staff with 2 blades at each end that delivers a 6-hit combo on a single target.

Axes: A two-handed weapon that is slow but has really high ATP and can deliver massive damage.

Thats all for now, I'll try to post more info if I can, discuss about Hunters but remember, NO RACISM! Newmans are allowed here too and have just as much right as a Beast to go Fortefighter.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shiroryuu on 2006-10-27 17:59 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shiroryuu on 2006-10-27 17:59 ]</font>

Zarode
Oct 27, 2006, 10:57 AM
I'm going for Figunner with my cast, starting as a Ranger (rather intresting too!). But sometimes, I gotta pull back to my roots as a Hunter and give the monsters a good sabering. X3

Shiro_Ryuu
Oct 27, 2006, 11:01 AM
Cool, another Figunner, like me, though I'm gonna be a Human. I like Figunners since they s-rank in my favorite weapons, though I may have a Fortefighter too if I feel like it, I'm beginning to like the big swords.

Scirrocco
Oct 27, 2006, 11:36 AM
Beast wartecher, specialinzing in buffs and heals. With my nanoblast, i'll be unstoppable.

Ninpo_Tamashii
Oct 27, 2006, 11:54 AM
Finally...able to be a male newman...be a hunter..dual wield daggers..and cast magic simultaniously WITHOUT being female....

Newman War-techer ftw~~

(Its the least they can do for taking away my scythes) http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Rizen
Oct 27, 2006, 12:31 PM
*goes to add link to his Ranger Topic* http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

VanHalen
Oct 27, 2006, 02:34 PM
yay my newman fortefighter will be unstoppable. well he'll be a wartecher too i like both the classes

Shiro_Ryuu
Oct 27, 2006, 07:46 PM
maybe they might add scythes, but I think they may swing like swords, which I'm sure not many of you guys will like, although I've been using one lately and I don't have much problems with them so far, they seem to be fine. maybe getting Leo's PA will make it likeable.

Shiro_Ryuu
Oct 29, 2006, 03:03 PM
not much activity here I see. and I'd figure that Hunters would be 70% of the PSU population according to another thread. anyway, I'm curious on how Axes play out, any importers used any axes or at least anyone who knows of any youtube vids of Axes in action if possible?

Feelmirath
Oct 29, 2006, 03:40 PM
I'm planning on making my 2nd and 3rd characters a Figunner and Fortefighter respectively. I usually have a hunter as my main character (ie. PSO GC, ep3, BB), so it's a bit of a change for once.

mechatra
Oct 29, 2006, 04:01 PM
I can add some info on Axes.

From my experience I was alittle let down by axes.
For one simple reason. The basic Axes are single target weapons, and are horribly slow.

Sure if they were multihit then i would be happy with the large amount of lag you get on hits, but because they only strike one target, the high damage per strike really REALLY doesnt seem worth it to me.

The PA available is nice though, First strike is a short forward charge/shunt with the axe held in front of you. This does knockback straight away which is suprisingly usefull. The second strike makes you leap a large distance through the air and slaw the axe upside down into the ground (on your target), and the third strike has you then rip the axe outof the ground in a upercut motion causing knockback again.

On an interesting note though, the final hit of the normal axe combo knocks enemies to the floor much like a few PA's but its just a normal combo hit. I quite enjoy this novelty but the final hit fo the combo is so godawful slow I often just strike - strike - PA!

If theres any more questions on axes or any other hunter weapons youd like answered I recon i can field questions here.

If anyones curious I'm a lvl 47 Beast Figunner - although I was originally a Fortefighter - I changed my mind after alil while of Fortefighter.

Shiro_Ryuu
Oct 29, 2006, 04:35 PM
cool, it can knock down enemies in a regular combo? thats pretty sweet. but yeah, I'm still going figunner, I'm more of a fan of fast weapons. is it even slower than the sword?

mechatra
Oct 30, 2006, 02:36 PM
Yeah its deffinately slower than the sword, particularly the second and third hit of the combo.

Mwabwetumba
Oct 30, 2006, 03:20 PM
Mwabwetumba will walk the path of the figunner.. wielding his Sword, Spear and Double Saber he will cut a path through the SEED invasion, while looking all-too funky with his afro and star shaped sunglasses.. I dont care if 80% of the people online have the same class, Ill outshine em all! (or atleast most of them, hopefully:p)

Maskim
Oct 30, 2006, 03:47 PM
Well, that info on axesmakes sense, it was a single target weapon in PSO after all. Slower than sword stands to reason too, with the info we've gotten that they were a bigger harder hitting sword basically,,,I could have sworn axes were supposed to be multihit in PSU though, which would have made them quite viable. Albeitslow, if it takes 1.5 times a sword's swing, but does then extra damage, and hits multiples for crowd contol, it'd be fine.

...Oh ya, going Cast Fortefighter myself, specializing in big ole' swords.

Kyuu
Oct 30, 2006, 05:43 PM
One interesting thing I've noticed is that the third, final hit of any melee weapon's normal combo always causes the enemy to flinch (unless you miss, of course). Flinches can be caused by criticals and just doing a large amount of damage on any hit, but the third hit always causes a flinch if lands. In my experience, at least.

Not something that terribly useful in the middle of a frantic Hakura Temple melee, but it can be taken advantage of sometimes, and is a reason not to always use the common strike-strike-PA combo (that I'm guilty of as well, I admit).

Ryoki
Oct 30, 2006, 05:50 PM
I'll be a figunner for sure, probably beast, but maybe human.
I've always been a hunter, always will be.

Main reason for figunner: S ranked on sabers...Holding out for an ultimate one like my dearly departed (now that I'm playing PSU) Lavis Cannon...I still say the Saber version owned the most, since you could dodge quickly.

Also, the second attack of of the saber's photon art sends the enemy flying and usually incapacitates them for a few seconds.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ryoki on 2006-10-30 14:51 ]</font>
________
Mercedes-Benz R171 (http://www.mercedes-wiki.com/wiki/Mercedes-Benz_R171)

Sammy
Oct 30, 2006, 09:06 PM
Has anyone seen the picture of the A rank GRM sword? It looks like a Dai Katana. Good for those who want to be samurais. >.>

I've tried using twin sabers and the recovery time after the third normal combo was almost as slow as a swords. So I used the the strike-strike-PA pattern as well. Also the final swing from the 11+ PA would miss the target because the other two uppercuts would launch the enemy so high up the third one wouldn't be able to reach it. I don't think I want to use the twin sabers again for a good long while.

mechatra
Nov 1, 2006, 02:10 PM
Just to add Sammy, the A rank sword you're talking about I believe is a Hanzou sword.

^_^