PDA

View Full Version : I'm confused by PSU

TheGame310
Oct 27, 2006, 11:51 AM
Ok, I'll be totally honest with everyone here, I'm an old school Dreamcast vet, 1 and 2. And I loved it, it was so simple just to hop on a ship and pick a team and go on from there. Then you'd just run the 4 worlds and go from there.

Now i'm using the PS2 version. And excuse me if i'm asking stupid questions.

But to join a game, I go up to the 5th floor and I go to the right. And join a team and we do missions.

But how do I get new weapons? The weapons my character has *a human* is the same stuff I got offline, I thought that wasnt possible? And I ran two missions with a group last night, and did not get any new weapons. And i'm a human, so if i want to be a force character, I can buy the force technique or something?

I'm sorry i'm just really confused right now i guess what i'm looking for is a "noob" guide if there is any thing like that avaiable.

Thanks,

Eric *Coco Savage*

Erasure25
Oct 27, 2006, 11:59 AM
I think different races start with different weapons. As a CAST I got a Rifle, Sabre, and Handgun. Humans I guess get the long sword in place of the rifle. You can get weapons as drops from enemies or buy them from stores. To be a force character, I think you have to change job by talking to a NPC. It costs some meseta. You can also synth weapons, but you will need boards, which act as recipes and then gather the ingredients.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Erasure25 on 2006-10-27 10:01 ]</font>

Agrias
Oct 27, 2006, 12:11 PM
I'm pretty sure each race starts out as a default class. I assume whichever it's best as. I.E cast starts out as a Ranger. To change it talk to the lady in the Guardian headquarters(Which is the uppermost floor) on the back side of the koisk. It costs 300 meseta. From my personal experiance, weapons don't drop as frequently as they did in pso. I assume since theres synthing. You buy your force spells from the weapons shop on the second floor. Along with Photon Arts and, surprisingly enough, weapons.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Agrias on 2006-10-27 10:17 ]</font>

Saigan
Oct 27, 2006, 12:18 PM
Weapon drops are pretty rare; most weapons will be purchased or synthesized. It actually makes more sense than killing a Pannon and discovering it was packing heat.

Agrias
Oct 27, 2006, 12:19 PM
On 2006-10-27 10:18, Saigan wrote:
Weapon drops are pretty rare; most weapons will be purchased or synthesized. It actually makes more sense than killing a Pannon and discovering it was packing heat.

I just el oh el'd

2DMention
Oct 27, 2006, 04:20 PM
A noob guide would be helpful; as in-

Where do you go for your missions lvls 1-10?
A synth guide for lvls 1-10.
What are the different emote commands (Shift, Cntrl, tab)?
A guide on some of the drops you will get, when you use them, and what they're used for?

The book doesn't explain any of this, and neither does the tutorial, and there's no one-stop place for people on what to do for lvls 1-10.

Spacepest
Oct 27, 2006, 11:12 PM
On 2006-10-27 10:19, Agrias wrote:

On 2006-10-27 10:18, Saigan wrote:

I just el oh el'd

LOL I've been picking up EVERYTHING that drops since my highest level character is only level 5. Sometimes I don't even check what the name is.

Anyways, after killing a bunch of Pannons, I did get a gun! So yeah, I guess Pannons occasionally pack heat. XD

So far, I've found a random sword, a gun, and a room decoration drop--a model of one of the line trains.