PDA

View Full Version : this back-up thing...

DRKdragon
Feb 24, 2001, 09:55 PM
yeah ummm i tried yahoo mail, netzero, and i dont know how to set up my juno so tell me which mail service will work!!! and no paying ones!!!!

Zephyr
Feb 24, 2001, 11:00 PM
I haven't tried this, but it should work. With your yahoo mail account, click 'options' and then click 'POP access and forwarding'.

Now make sure the 'Web and POP access' radio button is selected. Also choose 'Text messages only'.

Here are the server settings for Yahoo Mail:

Incoming Mail (POP3) Server: pop.mail.yahoo.com

Outgoing Mail (SMTP) Server: smtp.mail.yahoo.com

Account Name/Login Name: your Yahoo! Mail name (your address without the "@yahoo.com")

E-mail address: your Yahoo! Mail address (i.e., [email protected])

Password: your Yahoo! Mail password

Hopefully yahoo mail allows decent sized attatchments... (like I said I haven't tried this yet so don't flame me if I'm wrong ;p).

DRKdragon
Feb 25, 2001, 01:22 AM
o my god it didnt work!!! i had so much confidence in it!!! help me help me!! imm starting to twtich!!! i cant even eat fearing my DC will screw my data!!! Mario! help! help!

Zephyr
Feb 25, 2001, 03:59 AM
what part didn't work?

diospadre
Feb 25, 2001, 04:14 AM
for me it always says 'mail host in unavailable' when i try to send mail. it works fine for downloading. i've tried it with different versions of the browser, and different pop3 accounts. it just doesnt seem to want to work on my dreamcast.

i've been asking, but nobody has ever replied to me when i ask about the vmu file upload webpages. does anyonee know how to make them? im thinking something along the lines of that page which sends you your screenshots. someone please help me here, or at least acknowledge that you read this.

Zephyr
Feb 25, 2001, 04:26 AM
I'll give it a try and see if I can get it working sometime tommorow. If it can receive but not send something is screwy with the outgoing mail server.

diospadre
Feb 25, 2001, 04:40 AM
ive tried on 4 or 5 different mail servers, so there cant be anything wrong with them all. plus, they all work just fine on my computer.

DRKdragon
Feb 25, 2001, 05:20 PM
When I tried sending my mail with attcahment or not it gives "host is busy please try again later" makes me want to shoot the damn host with my c-bringers rifle!!!!!

logan
Feb 25, 2001, 07:02 PM
hey i tried the yahoo mail and it worked for me......just make sure you got the right settings.

Evafan01
Feb 25, 2001, 07:13 PM
For the person with the mail host is busy thing:
A lot of free isp's block email, to save bandwidth. Are you using a free isp? So far, the only one I can send email with is Netzero, set up with a netzero email account.

DRKdragon
Feb 26, 2001, 01:19 AM
alright that sounds great cuz i use juno!!! so new mission guys!! help me figure out how to set-up my juno account!!!

RitBot
Mar 1, 2001, 12:01 AM
Holy Crap! Thanks Zephyr! The backup works and I can quit and save correctly!

I used Seganet to dial in, set up Yahoo as my email option, transferred only PSO_SYS, Checked email and downloaded the file to blank VMU, copied Guild Card file to VMU, start game and tadow! no corruptions and I can save with it.

Back then I would get corrupted file each time I try to download it back using Seganet email. But thanks to Yahoo's Pop Access and Forwarding, it works!!

Thanks again Zephyr.

AdoptedDeV
Mar 1, 2001, 02:03 AM
Any chance someone could make a nifty self-auto mailer like they did for the snapshot? I use juno and it probaly does block yahoo, through pop.mail. And this really sucks I'd hate to lose my 75+ hr character.

STRIDER88
Mar 1, 2001, 03:07 AM
I used Seganet to dial in, set up Yahoo as my email option, transferred only PSO_SYS, Checked email and downloaded the file to blank VMU, copied Guild Card file to VMU

How do you transfer??? from Email to VMU?

I have sent both gcd and sys files to my DC seganet E-mail account, but how do you download the files from youre E-mail to the VMU? I have even posted it in my briefcase on yahoo I can select the files, but do not know how to download to VMU? wheres the option.
Is there an option or what also when I open my E-mail with attachments they appear as ascii text, but the E-mail states there are 2 attachments??? how do you view them and down load to VMU hmmmmmm

HELP!

Aberu
Mar 1, 2001, 04:10 AM
hey logan!!! how did you get it to work i also have seganet i hooked upi yahoo with my account name, password, email, the POP address is set to pop.mail.yahoo.com and the SMTP (or however you spell it) is smtp.mail.yahoo.com and thats it and it still says "mail host is busy" when i want to send mail.. how do i do this!!?!?!?!

logan
Mar 1, 2001, 04:27 AM
just make sure that you have the text only option checked in the yahoo options and the pop mail checked as well.