PDA

View Full Version : Phantasy Star Universe Item Database

Ryna
Oct 27, 2006, 08:01 PM
PSO-World is proud to announce the release of its Phantasy Star Universe Item Database (http://www.pso-world.com/items/psu/). It is a comprehensive database that will cover the online and offline portions of the game. At the moment, we have information for almost 650 online items, backed up by 700 pictures. In the coming weeks, we hope to be able to add information for every Phantasy Star Universe item. You can help us by submitting information using the Item Submission Form (http://www.pso-world.com/newitemsubmit.php). We also plan on adding features to the item database in the future. So if there is a feature you would like to see included, be sure to let us know!

Ryno
Oct 27, 2006, 08:10 PM
props

Dhylec
Oct 27, 2006, 09:04 PM
Indeed, so help us help you. Contribute by submitting the missing info, images or ideas.

Mitz
Oct 27, 2006, 09:11 PM
Love you Ryna.

Ryna
Oct 27, 2006, 11:30 PM
If you see any mistakes or misspellings, let us know. We're human and do make data entry mistakes sometime.

Moo2u
Oct 28, 2006, 12:46 AM
You're human?! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

Dhylec
Oct 28, 2006, 12:49 AM
On 2006-10-27 22:46, Moo2u wrote:

No, the humans we hired can make mistakes. Tell us so that we can whip them into shape.

HUnewearl_Meira
Oct 28, 2006, 12:56 AM
I just want everyone to know that Ryna busted his ass to bring this to you. He and Tomeeboy were up late every night, burning the midnight oil to organize this whole thing, grab pictures, and just generally investing more time than they had; particularly Ryna, who off somewhere in the East of this North American continent, having to get up every morning at 5 AM, who was around and working dilligently after 11pm PST on multiple occasions.

Both spent most of their time on the beta tests just running around gathering information and getting screenshots, and forsaking the opportunity to simply enjoy the game.

Ryna, Tomeeboy, you both get one of these:

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e358/VanGarrett/HUnewearl_Meira_SoA.gif

Tycho
Oct 28, 2006, 03:40 AM
Awesome!

Zarbolord
Oct 28, 2006, 05:52 AM
I'd like to congratulate you for this Item Dtatbase, it looks already amasing as it is, well done and keep up the good work, I'll try to help when I'll have the game (although EU version time will be kinda late... so if updates come, I'll gladly help).

Fadigre
Oct 28, 2006, 12:09 PM
I like the database, but next time it gets work-ded on can you see to where you get each item/what drops the item. Also what the item does to your Partner Machine would be most appreciated. XD

StratixEVO
Oct 28, 2006, 01:57 PM
Great start! Its already been helpful! I'm assuming you'll add a search function and link function (like Rappy Feather drops from this creature and is an ingredient for this item)? Anywho, I realize this is just the beginning, and its awesome! Thanks a ton!

BTW, does PSO-World have a donation link like PayPal?

Ryna
Oct 28, 2006, 02:15 PM
On 2006-10-28 10:09, Fadigre wrote:
I like the database, but next time it gets work-ded on can you see to where you get each item/what drops the item. Also what the item does to your Partner Machine would be most appreciated. XD

Item Findings is the next thing on the list to add. We've been trying to understand how the item drop system works in PSU. It is very different from PSO.

On 2006-10-28 11:57, StratixEVO wrote:
Great start! Its already been helpful! I'm assuming you'll add a search function and link function (like Rappy Feather drops from this creature and is an ingredient for this item)? Anywho, I realize this is just the beginning, and its awesome! Thanks a ton!

In the future, we're going to add functionality so you can see what boards an ingredient can be used with on the ingredient's page. Search is also planned.

Please be patient and keep in mind that implementing all of this will take time.

As for the Paypal link, Gamespy rules prevent us from accepting donations.

Zarbolord
Oct 28, 2006, 02:40 PM
I wish I could be this efficient on my site http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

HUnewearl_Meira
Oct 29, 2006, 03:56 AM

Once, long, long ago, in an era we call, "2001", PSO-World had a PayPal Donation link. Then, we switched over to be hosted by GameSpy, and we had to remove the link.

Mewn
Oct 29, 2006, 05:09 PM
It's very, very good. Very informative. A good job here.

Ryna
Oct 30, 2006, 12:27 AM
The item database software has been updated to clarify the meanings of the table headers. Also, we've added several new pictures and about a hundred new items. Thanks for the item submissions guys!

Kevino
Oct 30, 2006, 09:08 AM
that blows... which is ironic because when a site requires money no one likes it. when we cant give you money its sad???

Dhylec
Oct 30, 2006, 09:47 AM
On 2006-10-30 06:08, Kevino wrote:
that blows... which is ironic because when a site requires money no one likes it. when we cant give you money its sad???

At first look, the network's policy sounds bad, but in the long run, fans & members have seen & will see that PSOW is all about the community. It just mean we are what a fansite is - about the game & the community - not a for-profit organization.

That's why we need all the guides, info & submissions you guys can contribute. That's your support & your palpal. That's helping us helping you. ;]

ColonelPiFace
Oct 31, 2006, 04:14 PM
Do the items (weaponwise) have to be in online mode (i mean can we havce them in story mode)?

Ryna
Oct 31, 2006, 04:17 PM
On 2006-10-31 13:14, ColonelPiFace wrote:
Do the items (weaponwise) have to be in online mode (i mean can we havce them in story mode)?

This is an online and offline database. Several of the items that have been entered into the database have not been released online yet. Those items will typically have blank values for things such as "Online Rarity" in the item listings.

ColonelPiFace
Oct 31, 2006, 04:24 PM
k thanks

Ryna
Oct 31, 2006, 04:29 PM
On 2006-10-31 13:24, ColonelPiFace wrote:
k thanks

It is probably worth noting at this point that online and offline items will have radically different stats between modes. For example, notice the difference in the stats between online and offline handgun:
http://www.pso-world.com/items/psu/1/84/handgun/

LFire
Nov 1, 2006, 01:55 AM
Question: Will combos be listed for Photon Arts? For example, after Renkai Buyou-zan hits Level 10, you can hit the art a second time after the first 3 hits go off, and spin the other way for an additional 2 hits.

Other examples (after level 10 in both cases): Rising Strike second attack can cause at least 3 hits (that I've seen), and knocks enemies away; Rising Crush second attack can cause an additional 2 hits to the enemy directly in front of you, possibly more hits to enemies just to the side of the attack, and can cause knockdown.

Another feature that would be nice in the Photon Art section is identifying what weapon type they are for in the listing, not just the detailed page for the PA itself.

Ryna
Nov 1, 2006, 08:05 AM
On 2006-10-31 22:55, LFire wrote:
Question: Will combos be listed for Photon Arts? For example, after Renkai Buyou-zan hits Level 10, you can hit the art a second time after the first 3 hits go off, and spin the other way for an additional 2 hits.
[quote]

We didn't make any provisions for this, but we can add some notes for when the next portion of a combo becomes available.

[quote]
Another feature that would be nice in the Photon Art section is identifying what weapon type they are for in the listing, not just the detailed page for the PA itself.

We're going to try to fit in additional column categories and sort options in the future. When we add that functionality, I'll keep this in mind.

s3rial
Nov 2, 2006, 02:19 PM
First off, let me say that I very much like the item database, but it has one huge, gaping hole: prices. It seems that right now, the overwhelming majority of PSU's player-run stores are just selling store-bought items at disgusting mark-ups, and we could use a reference to prevent this sort of douchebaggery.

Case in point, I just ran around looking for a megaline: I found 3 boards, no armor. The boards' respective prices were 12k, 10k, and 6k. The 6k seems like a damned good deal in comparison, right? So I go and sell a few boards to the NPC merchants to make up the 200 meseta I'm lacking to buy it, in a major rush. On a whim, I stop by the GRM synth shop on the way back, and unsurprisingly, the megaline board is 6k.

Let's face it: PSU is a great game, but its interface, especially where shops are involved, is about as inept, unprofessional, and lacking in functionality as it could possibly be. It's like Sonic Team had a bet with Square to see who could have the worst interface imaginable: FFXI or PSU.

But PSO-World's item database could definitely mitigate Sonic Team's war on useful UIs by providing us with price data, so that we can check when we're buying items: are we getting ripped off, or is it actually a good deal?

Ryna
Nov 2, 2006, 02:32 PM
On 2006-11-02 11:19, s3rial wrote:
But PSO-World's item database could definitely mitigate Sonic Team's war on useful UIs by providing us with price data, so that we can check when we're buying items: are we getting ripped off, or is it actually a good deal?

Are you proposing that the database should list NPC store prices or average player prices?

Tomeeboy
Nov 2, 2006, 02:35 PM
I'm guessing that he means NPC store prices. Unfortunately, this won't be available for everything, as not all items are sold in stores. However, the resale value formulas could potentially be used to calculate what the store price would be, based on the price that you can sell it to the shop for.

s3rial
Nov 2, 2006, 02:53 PM
On 2006-11-02 11:32, Ryna wrote:

On 2006-11-02 11:19, s3rial wrote:

Are you proposing that the database should list NPC store prices or average player prices?
Sorry, I should've been more clear.

What I'm proposing is that the database includes NPC pricing wherever applicable, so that we can avoid would-be scammers with their rip-off player store prices.

Ryna
Nov 2, 2006, 02:57 PM
On 2006-11-02 11:53, s3rial wrote:

What I'm proposing is that the database includes NPC pricing wherever applicable, so that we can avoid would-be scammers with their rip-off player store prices.

We'll do some research and see if we can come up with a decent way to list store prices. Hopefully, store prices are just a function of type and rarity.

s3rial
Nov 2, 2006, 03:11 PM
On 2006-11-02 11:57, Ryna wrote:

On 2006-11-02 11:53, s3rial wrote:

We'll do some research and see if we can come up with a decent way to list store prices. Hopefully, store prices are just a function of type and rarity.

Awesome! Hopefully it works out. I hate to see players doing shady stuff like that, and always feeling the need to run to the store and check prices before I buy anything from a player because of it.

d0x
Nov 2, 2006, 05:45 PM
Would it be possible to list the NPC selling price next to each item on the main page so we can quickly view the information? It would be a major help.

Ryna
Nov 2, 2006, 06:01 PM
This issue was brought up in the main database topic thread in this post:
http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=123776&forum=6&start=20&40#26

Ryna
Nov 2, 2006, 06:05 PM
Item Findings support has now been enabled for individual items. Now it is just a matter of entering all of the drop-information in addition to the regular item info.

DizzyDi
Nov 2, 2006, 09:30 PM

You can donate to me! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Also. GREAT JOB GUYS! Ryna, Tome.

Otis_Kat
Nov 2, 2006, 10:41 PM
There should be a way to see if your submission was accepted besides it popping up in the datbase eventully.

Ryna
Nov 3, 2006, 06:30 PM
On 2006-11-02 19:41, Otis_Kat wrote:
There should be a way to see if your submission was accepted besides it popping up in the datbase eventully.

Our item submission system is fairly primitive at the moment. We've been putting all of our time into entering data and trying to update the display software.

We realize this is a weakness that needs to be addressed and have some plans in mind for resolving the issue.

aquafire
Nov 7, 2006, 11:08 PM
On 2006-10-27 22:49, Dhylec wrote:

On 2006-10-27 22:46, Moo2u wrote:

No, the humans we hired can make mistakes. Tell us so that we can whip them into shape.

Nice to see the mods have a sense of humor http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif. I have plenty to submit, it's too bad everything is base on online...o well.http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Ryna
Nov 7, 2006, 11:16 PM
On 2006-11-07 20:08, aquafire wrote:
Nice to see the mods have a sense of humor http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif. I have plenty to submit, it's too bad everything is base on online...o well.http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

It is an offline database too. Our main focus at the minute is just on collecting online information. Any information you can submit would be useful.

aquafire
Nov 7, 2006, 11:42 PM
alright