PDA

View Full Version : PSU-PC: Frame rate query.

Firedancer
Oct 28, 2006, 07:39 AM
Hello everyone.

I've been a PSO player since day 1 on the Dreamcast, and now I'm waiting for PSU to be released here in the UK.

Now, my girlfriend wants to play PSU, and she needs a new computer, so I'm going to build one for her. I want her to be able to play it at full detail with a decent framerate, so I was wondering if who has the game could help me out here.

It needs to be cheap, so I've settled on the following key specifications for about £350:

Athlon 64 3800+
1Gb DDR2 667MHz RAM
GeForce 7600GT.

Can anyone with a similar spec computer, or those with better/worse computers tell me what sort of framerates you're getting?

It'd really help me out, and then I'll know if I need to upgrade or not (mine is a slightly lower spec than that, but I built it 2 years ago when it was an uber PC.)

Many thanks,

Marc

Fleece
Oct 28, 2006, 10:29 AM
You sure that processor can Handle DDR2? i dont think its an AM2 CPU. I have the 3700+ (san diego) and i KNOW it cant handle DDR2. I think you should look into it a bit mate, or just get some PC3200.

But yeah itll run it just fine, just worried your gonna spend 90 quid on the RAM and THEN realise it doesnt work Lol. you wouldnt notice the difference anyway between PC3200 and PC5400 anyway on PSU.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Fleece on 2006-10-28 08:32 ]</font>

Firedancer
Oct 28, 2006, 02:37 PM
I am quite sure this is an AM2 processor, and yes it is capable of handling DDR2.

This link is massively overpriced, but it proves my point: http://www.tickpc.co.uk/products.asp?viewItem=32718