PDA

View Full Version : PM's and their Diets.

Ryo_Hayasa
Oct 28, 2006, 09:44 AM
is there some sorta guide, right now as to what's good to feed your PM's?

I know there was a full Mind PM guide (i need to keep that somewhere, though...a link would be nice)

what do you guys feed your PM in order to raise particular stats?

And i guess it's obvious that "Food" items are the best, though you need to Synth them, in order to use them. Kinda weird, or maybe it makes sense.

justbrak
Oct 28, 2006, 09:47 AM
In the ways of Synthesizing...the instruction booklet will let you know everything you need to know. Albeit in a brief way.

Integration
Oct 28, 2006, 11:43 AM
I dont think he meant synthesizing, i think he meant like giving it items.

Mazoku
Oct 28, 2006, 11:49 AM
I'm not sure where the post is anymore so I'm just going to paste in my saved text. Cross wrote this on the boards a while back.

DEF costs nothing but annoyance - if you don't mind doing a bit of cheeseball character recreation, you can make new Casts and cannibalize them for their armour and parts. You get .30 DEF levels every time you recreate and feed the PM the Cast's Parts and Armour. Raising DEF this way gains you 7.5 levels of DEF in every 12-hour feeding period, or 15 per day, which isn't bad. Note that if you feed it only Parts and not Armour, you get 8 levels per day, but you have to recreate way more characers so I don't think it's really worthwhile.

DEX is insanely cheap, at only 2500 meseta per level if you buy Traps to feed your PM.
The only disadvantage is that this raises very slowly, at only 4 levels per 12-hour period (8 per day).

I'm just going to amend a bit of the information from my earlier post... Raising a DEX PM is even cheaper and faster than I thought. I thought that you had to buy 1-star Traps for 100m, but it turns out that there are a bunch that are 2-star for the same price.

DEX is only 1667 meseta per level, and it's as fast as raising MIND, 6 per feeding session and 12 per day.
In total, it only costs you 166700 meseta, and you'll be done in eight and a half days.

POW is cheap and fast. If you buy Moon Atomizers, it costs only 2917 meseta per level, and you gain 12 levels per feeding period, and 24 per day, meaning that you can max out your PM in less than four days. The problem is that Moon Atomizers raise MIND too, so if you do it this way you're going to end up with like 75 POW/25 MIND.
If you want pure POW, you buy Moon Atomizers and 1* weapons at a 1:3 ratio. This raises the cost to 3750 meseta per level, and slows down the growth to 6 levels in a 12-hour period, or 12 per day.

MIND costs 8334 meseta per level; the most efficient MIND-raising items are 1* Tech Disks, which are 500 meseta for .06 levels of MIND. The growth isn't anything amazing either; 6 levels in a 12-hour period, and 12 per day, same as pure POW (except more than twice as expensive).

All told, to raise a pure MIND PM costs 833500 meseta from store-bought items, and becomes GH-450 after eight and a half days.
A pure POW PM costs 37500 meseta and becomes GH-410 after eight and a half days, but if you don't mind the 75/25 POW/MIND version, it costs 291900 meseta and is ready in three and a half days.
A pure DEX PM costs 250000 meseta and becomes GH-430 after twelve and a half days.
A pure DEF PM costs nothing, and raises in seven days, or six and a half if you only feed it Parts without Armour. It becomes GH-440.

So GH-420 is the only PM that can't be 'pure' stats-wise, the others each correspond to a different stat.

Is it worth it to make 'pure' PMs? It probably depends on how much you intend to craft. The most efficient way is to have one pure PM for a different stat on each of your characters, so that you have the maximum chance of crafting an item no matter what sort of equipment it is. If you're more worried about getting a PM as a battle-partner and aren't TOO worried about mass crafting, then you're pretty much free to go with whatever is most convenient. As far as I know, the PM's crafting stats don't carry over into its battle capability (but don't take my word as gospel on that one).

Edit:

If you just want to raise a PM for battle, things get a lot easier, as you can just manipulate the stats as you need them, and then fill them in with whatever is fastest or cheapest.

If you want GH-410, the fastest way is to just stuff it full of Moon Atomizers and other consumables. If you're going for a cheap one, stuff it full of Moon Atomizers until its POW goes above 30, and then raise DEF the rest of the way at no cost.
If you want GH-420, raise POW until it's over 10, but less than 30, and then pump DEF until it hits level 80.
If you want GH-430, raise DEX to 30, and then pump it full of either POW or DEF, depending on whether you want speed or a low price.
If you want GH-440, raise DEF until level 20, then continue to 80 raising either POW or DEF depending on whether you want speed or a low price.
If you want GH-450, raise MIND above 30, and then fill in the rest with POW or DEF depending on whether you want speed or a low price.

Also check out this post by -Shimarisu-:

http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=122850&forum=22&25

Those 2 posts and http://www.psupedia.org are where I've gotten all my PM info.