PDA

View Full Version : XBL Voice Chat is there for a reason. TALK OR KICK!

FenixStryk
Oct 28, 2006, 03:38 PM
Out of all the time I've spent on PSO 360, I've only run into ONE group that talked, and that's including the beta. I'm tired of it. If you join my room, you better at least say "Hi" over chat. Talking is what makes the 360 version best, so don't screw it up! Jeez.

Not only is it easier to communicate over voice chat, it helps me see the blasted screen. I've run across many more obnoxious KB spammers than Voice whiners on PSU, and it's been that way for every MMORPG I've played. So, get to it.

If you see a room labeled "Voice or Boot!", don't be surprised. At least I'm giving you a warning, unlike the others that have gotten as tired of it as I have.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: FenixStryk on 2006-10-28 21:08 ]</font>

AnnabellaRenee87
Oct 28, 2006, 03:45 PM
i agree thats the reason i oped out of the PS2/PC versions i wanted to literley talk to people with out haveing to use my keyboard all the time i dont like haveing to use it

hey FenixStryk PM me on XBL gamer tag is on my signature (Neoistheone2000)

Mercury777
Oct 28, 2006, 03:45 PM
On the one hand, I highly agree - talking was a key selling point for me waiitng on the 360 version, as the lack of a keyboard makes communication extremely annoying and impossible in a combat situation. In a team-based came, coordination and communication are key. This was exhibited best by my experience with Chromehounds. I acted as a Commander, coordinated ym team's actions, and made sure we always had the network neccesary to stay in talking range. We continually trounced other teams who all came out as one type instead of a varied team, obviously lacking coordination as they came at us one at a time or all in a small clump that was easy to defeat with artillery, instead of varying the group and flanking and such.

On the other hand, kicking on principal is a bit harsh. Not everyone with Xbox Live has a microphone. Though that's really hard to determine if they don't talk, so it's a toss-up. I guess it comes down to personal taste. Personally, non-talkers annoy me, but I can't just kick them on sight, because they might have a legitimate reason for not talking.

McLaughlin
Oct 28, 2006, 03:46 PM
On 2006-10-28 13:38, FenixStryk wrote:
Out of all the time I've spent on PSO 360, I've only run into ONE group that talked, and that's including the beta. I'm tired of it.

If you join my room, you better talk within the first 30 seconds, or I will kick you for no apparent reason. Talking is what makes the 360 version best, so don't screw it up! Jeez.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: FenixStryk on 2006-10-28 13:38 ]</font>

Send me a Friend Request. I think my mic is buggered, but if you can understand me I'll be glad to use it.

I hate relying on my Keyboard >_<

PJesus
Oct 28, 2006, 03:46 PM
Keep in mind some folks are having NAT issues with their router and can't talk sometimes...

FenixStryk
Oct 28, 2006, 03:48 PM
On 2006-10-28 13:46, PJesus wrote:
Keep in mind some folks are having NAT issues with their router and can't talk sometimes...NAT issues can be easily fixed if you'd just set your 360 to the DMZ port. Lack of PC experience is not an excuse.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: FenixStryk on 2006-10-28 21:10 ]</font>

Reeve
Oct 28, 2006, 03:50 PM
uhh i hope your not being serious...

i will use voice chat if i need to but i much prefer to use a keyboard for general stuff, shame you cant write a lot in the space though

i dont think i would invite anyone in my group with that attitude either

tycl
Oct 28, 2006, 03:53 PM
as*holes like you fenixsucks are what wrecks a game.

AC9breaker
Oct 28, 2006, 03:57 PM
How is he wreacking the game? By kicking people from his party who don't know how to be sociable in an online rpg? Especially in the xbox 360 community, where headsets come with the system. You would expect that people would use them. I don't understand actually, what the big deal is with people being scared of voice chat. Are you scared that someone is gonna say a curse word or something? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_confused.gif

AnnabellaRenee87
Oct 28, 2006, 04:00 PM
Keep in mind some folks are having NAT issues with their router and can't talk sometimes...

yeah my friends have this problem too

AnnabellaRenee87
Oct 28, 2006, 04:01 PM
On 2006-10-28 13:48, FenixStryk wrote:

Keep in mind some folks are having NAT issues with their router and can't talk sometimes...NAT issues can be easily fixed if you'd just set your 360 to the DMZ port. Lack of PC experience is not an excuse. That, and my games say VOICE OR KICK as the name.

doesent always fix it beleave me with with that

Shade-
Oct 28, 2006, 04:05 PM
[I'm not on 360]

I can see where voice chat could make the game a little more fun and personal. I mean, you sometimes play with the same 5 people for hours, and just chatting while you tear though floods of enemies could lighten the mood, but if I were to record what I sound like while playing the PC version when in a stage with any ammount of difficulty, I would probably have to turn the mic off or I would be booted. Strings of unrelated profanities fly out of my mouth as if I were a 12 year old playing CS:S. So there very well may be a reason some people just leave the mic off unless there's something really important to be said, like "**** I'm dead"

EC_Subbie
Oct 28, 2006, 04:05 PM
I play with a static group/guild, we're talking nonstop. Random groups suck.

Nani-chan
Oct 28, 2006, 04:06 PM
I guess I will never be in one of your games Fenix. I can't even hear people on the mic anymore.. It started out as words, then static, and recently it's always silence.

People text "Nani can you hear/talk?" all the time. I've started soloing stuff more, got Twin Plasma to lvl 11.

StratixEVO
Oct 28, 2006, 04:18 PM
On 2006-10-28 14:06, Nani-chan wrote:
I guess I will never be in one of your games Fenix. I can't even hear people on the mic anymore.. It started out as words, then static, and recently it's always silence.

People text "Nani can you hear/talk?" all the time. I've started soloing stuff more, got Twin Plasma to lvl 11.

Dude, what does your NAT test come back as? Seriously, its an easy fix if its not set to OPEN.

I mostly agree, but I only play with friends or friends of friends. No voice is strict, but voice has saved me many a time in lag spikes. You see, when the game lags, voicechat doesn't, so when you think you're fine and dandy and your buddy shouts "Dude, you're in the yellow" you know you're laggin and you better throw a mate into the queue before its too late. So be strict if ya want, whatever makes it fun for you and your party... you're definately not ruining the community.

Kindaichi
Oct 28, 2006, 04:32 PM
thast why i dont like playing with pugs to much, noone talks.

Cigaro
Oct 28, 2006, 04:49 PM
I hate voice chat.

I convey what I need to get across much better through text.

That aside, if I was on the 360 (I'm going to play on PC), I'd probably voice chat, just because none of you guys will be screaming GET THE FLAG YOU FAGGOT NIGGER BITCH at the top of your lungs because this isn't Halo.

Nani-chan
Oct 28, 2006, 04:52 PM
My Nat is set to Open, how do I change it so my mic works?

peachgirldb
Oct 28, 2006, 05:05 PM
Eh... I think I might scream some profanities now and then. xD Then again, I wouldn't be SERIOUS, so still, this isn't Halo.

Getintothegame
Oct 28, 2006, 05:12 PM
On Xbox PSO, I'd rarely use the mic. But it did get annoying, so I eventually gave in. I'm sure that will happen as well.

KirinDave
Oct 28, 2006, 05:16 PM
Uhh.... you do realize that the 360 voice chat is very bugged right now, and very few people seem to be able to make it work?

Also, saying, "Just put your xbox in the DMZ" isn't very helpful. Most people don't have NAT routers with that kind of option.

Spacepest
Oct 28, 2006, 05:23 PM
On 2006-10-28 14:05, EC_Subbie wrote:
I play with a static group/guild, we're talking nonstop. Random groups suck.

Maybe that's the problem...so many new players that haven't had time to open up to each other yet. Also, many have yet to figure out the chat functions.

When I play with my friends, the chat goes nonstop, especially in game areas that we've played before and are familiar with. Voice or text chat, it doesn't matter.

JaiBlue
Oct 28, 2006, 05:23 PM
<=====generally dislikess anyone who has more to say to him than any npc.

aka. people who talk too much.

LeMan_Bayon
Oct 28, 2006, 05:26 PM
Yea NAT isn't always the problem. My friends are all set to open, and sometimes we can't hear each other. Then if we restart our xboxs sometimes we can hear each other. So while NAT may be a cause of the problem, I'm gonna say that there is some other factor/bug also.

Yachiru
Oct 28, 2006, 05:27 PM
Well, find a group of friends to play with. Hell, come join my friends and I. We talk 100% of the time. Not everyone has to talk, some people have music playing, or they just don't wanna talk. They have the right not to.

Aaomi
Oct 28, 2006, 05:38 PM
All I would say, is that you should put that in the group comment. SOmething like "Please use Mic or be kicked" something as simple as that.

Thrash777
Oct 28, 2006, 05:42 PM
Yep, if u are gonna play the 360 version, it helps to hav a mic!

Cause_I_Own_U
Oct 28, 2006, 05:50 PM
No one wants to hear little kiddies say gay and fukc over a videogame, so stfu and buy a kb

Jasam
Oct 28, 2006, 05:51 PM
I'm one of the people who see chat as a negative for the x-box 360 version, although i never considered getting a 360 JUST for psu ^-^', so staying PC here.

But seriously, chatting or not is not something hugely important, there are as meny people out there who it would be better if they couldn't talk, as there are those who can talk.

HiKeRI
Oct 28, 2006, 05:54 PM
I do as i pleased to do so, talk or no talk i'll get the job done.

McLaughlin
Oct 28, 2006, 05:56 PM
On 2006-10-28 15:50, Cause_I_Own_U wrote:
No one wants to hear little kiddies say gay and fukc over a videogame, so stfu and buy a kb

Way to contradict yourself.

stfu still means shut the fuck up, which you just said no one wants to hear.

Do us all a favor and swallow some Cyanide.

Saner
Oct 28, 2006, 09:01 PM
Out of all the time I've spent on PSO 360, I've only run into ONE group that talked, and that's including the beta. I'm tired of it.

If you join my room, you better talk within the first 30 seconds, or I will kick you for no apparent reason. Talking is what makes the 360 version best, so don't screw it up! Jeez.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: FenixStryk on 2006-10-28 13:38 ]</font>

well you are definitely one person I'll avoid. Not everyone feels like chatting through mic or at all.

kicking just because they don't say anything is a retarded reason to kick someone, but I guess you rather say something, even something stupid, just for the sake of saying something.

headsets just encourage more people to say more things, even needless things.

From my experience online, people mainly talk about stupid things that don't even have anything to do with PSU, and even if its on-topic, it makes the experience feel like a joke.

I suppose this is your first online RPG. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif

BooChan
Oct 28, 2006, 09:41 PM
In my experience as a female gamer on X box live voice chat just sucks. The overwhelming number of juvenile testerone geeks overwhelms the sensible mature guy gamers. This post seems similar to one being posted on gamefaqs by some obnoxious geek over at gamefaqs who preached the gospel of voice chat in PSO. I wil admit it is annoying dealing with complete silence on a system that encorages voice chat. I primarily played fighting games on the X box and 360 and voice chat makes those games fun. Bcause you can talk about whatever. But in an online RPG voice chat eliminates the rolelaying experience. I don't come online to use as a dating sevice or as a place to BS around like you do at bars. I'm online to play a character and play with other peoples characters. I'm not saying you can't BS around or get to know people its just if I want to play my guy character and pretend to be a guy then I can without getting talked about for doing so. It the same with guys using female characters and wanting to pretend to be female. People are afraid to roleplay these days because of fear of the G or L word being thrown at them.
I also can't stand the frat boy mentality online. Not to mention Geek's tend to bring their personal baggage online more readily when using voice chat. Sadly there are some young people out there that got some real serious issues and with voice chat its more personal communicating with these peole then having to read their random word ballons. I'm sure they are not bad people but I have low tolerance for immature andjust overall rude obnoxious behavior.

Ronin1of47
Oct 28, 2006, 09:46 PM
i would talk if i had anything good to say And i listen to music when i play so i mute the mic...

FenixStryk: im cool bout u booting anyone for not talking but hopefully you let this be known to people entering your romm and not booting w/o explanation.. kinda rude i think

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ronin1of47 on 2006-10-28 19:48 ]</font>

Oyako
Oct 28, 2006, 10:08 PM
I'd rather them use a keyboard...... I hate the high pitched 13 year olds, annoying "I pwn j00" idiots, and "S-S-S-S-O-O-O W-W-H-H-E-E-R-R-E-E A-A-R-R-E-E Y-Y-O-O-U-U" people who have connection issues....

McLaughlin
Oct 28, 2006, 10:16 PM
On 2006-10-28 19:41, BooChan wrote:
In my experience as a female gamer on X box live voice chat just sucks. The overwhelming number of juvenile testerone geeks overwhelms the sensible mature guy gamers. This post seems similar to one being posted on gamefaqs by some obnoxious geek over at gamefaqs who preached the gospel of voice chat in PSO. I wil admit it is annoying dealing with complete silence on a system that encorages voice chat. I primarily played fighting games on the X box and 360 and voice chat makes those games fun. Bcause you can talk about whatever. But in an online RPG voice chat eliminates the rolelaying experience. I don't come online to use as a dating sevice or as a place to BS around like you do at bars. I'm online to play a character and play with other peoples characters. I'm not saying you can't BS around or get to know people its just if I want to play my guy character and pretend to be a guy then I can without getting talked about for doing so. It the same with guys using female characters and wanting to pretend to be female. People are afraid to roleplay these days because of fear of the G or L word being thrown at them.
I also can't stand the frat boy mentality online. Not to mention Geek's tend to bring their personal baggage online more readily when using voice chat. Sadly there are some young people out there that got some real serious issues and with voice chat its more personal communicating with these peole then having to read their random word ballons. I'm sure they are not bad people but I have low tolerance for immature andjust overall rude obnoxious behavior.

Unfortunately, that's true. Whenever I see/hear a female player, she usually has an entourage of guys who's voices could shatter glass.

But then again, there are those few who make it worth while.

Oyako
Oct 28, 2006, 10:19 PM

That is what scared my girlfriend off of PSU: 360 -_-

FenixStryk
Oct 28, 2006, 11:17 PM
On 2006-10-28 13:50, Reeve wrote:
i will use voice chat if i need to but i much prefer to use a keyboard for general stuff, shame you cant write a lot in the space though.

On 2006-10-28 13:53, tycl wrote:
assholes like you fenixsucks are what wrecks a game.

On 2006-10-28 15:50, Cause_I_Own_U wrote:

On 2006-10-28 19:01, Saner wrote:
well you are definitely one person I'll avoid. Not everyone feels like chatting through mic or at all.
kicking just because they don't say anything is a retarded reason to kick someone, but I guess you rather say something, even something stupid, just for the sake of saying something.
From my experience online, people mainly talk about stupid things that don't even have anything to do with PSU, and even if its on-topic, it makes the experience feel like a joke.
I suppose this is your first online RPG. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif
Wow, since when was this a rant/flame thread?

FenixStryk
Oct 28, 2006, 11:22 PM
From my experience online, people mainly talk about stupid things that don't even have anything to do with PSU, and even if its on-topic, it makes the experience feel like a joke.Hypocricy at its finest.
1. You act like text chat is not plagued by this. Maybe you haven't used an Instant Messenger, and solo in every MMO you play. Text chat is not only as rampantly filled with annoyances, it also blinds you. Yelling is one thing, but blocking my vision? That's just cold. At least I can lower the volume on my mic.

2. Voice Chat gives you an advantage. With KBs, you have to stop what you're doing and yell for help. With Voice Chat, you just say "Hey, I need Resta" while you run away from the blasted Dragon, and you'll get it that much faster.

I'll pretend you didn't say all that stuff about me talking just to talk, and this being my 1st MMO. I mean, seriously, coming from you? ;p

MayLee
Oct 28, 2006, 11:34 PM
I love voice chats, I don't mind silence either, if it gets silent, say something, ask a question. if they still don't talk that means they are into the game.and that's good with me..because thaat means they are reliable to do good..>.>

I cannot take a bunch of asshats using the mic though, people who drop the N and F bomb are annoying, I do not like those words and when they hear a female voice they go completely nuts..Insane..People can scare a girl off online games..

Soma-Atlasia
Oct 29, 2006, 12:50 AM
Same with MayLee, I to love voice chats and all but most people are right about the whored number of kiddies who run around acting like brats most of the time online to the point where its just annoying. You have your times where you will actually meet someone who can talk with a sense of decency and then you have those who just can't and have to make an @$$ out of themselves just to make themselves look good.

In all honesty, I wished the voice chat did work but I don't mind using a keyboard at all if I have to. It just depends on a persons preference on what they like to use, if you ask me. Don't bash them for it though. Im on the 360 version, by the way. lol

McLaughlin
Oct 29, 2006, 01:06 AM

So all of your 3000+ posts have an actual point?

I could've sworn you were just posting for posting's sake.

I'm not sure if this is your first message board or not, but post counts/karma/whatever mean jack shit to other people, except when people notice you haven't even been here a year and you've already posted 3000 times. Then they label you as a troll.

Who are you to talk about meaningless babbling? Some people enjoy discussing things other than "why the heck is your weapon purple?" and "omfg!!! H3 R t3h h4x0rz!?!". That's why we use the mic. To socialize.

We talk because we can. Like it or not, I really don't care.

Pik
Oct 29, 2006, 01:16 AM
Booting someone because they don't talk it insane.
I have a friend and she CAN'T speak. She's mute.
Would you just kick her because she can't speak?

Ryogen
Oct 29, 2006, 01:17 AM
There is bug that is happening in the game that dosen't allow some to speak or hear each other. Very different from beta so I'm not voting in this poll. If they don't talk or I can't hear them, I know why.

Ryogen
Oct 29, 2006, 01:24 AM

...You know my sister (22) don't go through the problems or complaints with the things that you do. If the group is bothering her, She takes her mic off, put's it on mute or leaves. There is an easy way to enjoy a game and ignore others online. Complaining won't help. Not trying to be mean, but there is a lot of female gamers who just wants to be herd complaining (like we are suposed to fix your problems) and some that actually does somthing about it and don't have to complain. That is why there is a BlackList in the game.

I don't know what kind of female gamer you are and I understand your problems, but you and me both know that you know how to deal with them. I have two female (5 actually) PSU players in my guild and don't complain one bit. They know how to hanel people, espically guys.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ryogen on 2006-10-28 23:26 ]</font>

R3Dirkulous
Oct 29, 2006, 02:59 AM
On 2006-10-28 15:16, KirinDave wrote:
Uhh.... you do realize that the 360 voice chat is very bugged right now, and very few people seem to be able to make it work?

Also, saying, "Just put your xbox in the DMZ" isn't very helpful. Most people don't have NAT routers with that kind of option.

hes exactly right...I tried for hours to get my mic to work..hell i'd like it if i could even hear others..but no i cant..

its just not "that easy"

drmcst45
Oct 29, 2006, 03:04 AM
I just wanna play PSU online.

I hate dumbasses who boot people just because they wont talk to them. If you want a social life, go outside.

this is PSU. welcome to the world of nerdy geeks who escape reality and pretend they're something they aren't.

I hate fckrz who boot for no apperant reason other than "OMG HOW RUDE@! HE KNOW TALK!!!"

Hustler_One
Oct 29, 2006, 03:22 AM
Reason I didnt get the Xbox 360 version.... I dont WANT to talk...

I dislike talking over a headset, KB works fine for me.

As for you social butterflys that like headsets, go for it =)

Ill be sitting here on my PS2 usin a KB

Reeve
Oct 29, 2006, 03:22 AM
On 2006-10-28 21:17, FenixStryk wrote:

On 2006-10-28 13:50, Reeve wrote:
i will use voice chat if i need to but i much prefer to use a keyboard for general stuff, shame you cant write a lot in the space though.

Wow, since when was this a rant/flame thread?

what?? so i cant disagree with you without being labelled

sakeru
Oct 29, 2006, 03:27 AM
not everybody like talking to people, but they love typing. Especially shy peeps.

Beezzy
Oct 29, 2006, 03:32 AM
Yeah... If you dont like to talk/get booted then create your own room.. Problem solved.

Elleranda
Oct 29, 2006, 03:39 AM
Poll speaks for itself. XD

Billkwando
Oct 29, 2006, 08:18 AM
Sorry to cross post, but in case anybody missed it, here's how you fix the voice problem:

http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=123634&forum=3&start=0&7

I've been typing out the instructions to people in-game all day. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Billkwando on 2006-10-29 05:20 ]</font>

Shrevn
Oct 29, 2006, 11:22 AM
Another OLD topic once created when PSO for xbox came out, NOONE talks because they're 14 year old kids who dont want to be made fun of for sounding like lil kids PLain and simple. I know i had fun making fun of them and so did alot of my buds. HAHA good old days

Rieter
Oct 29, 2006, 11:31 AM
I talk to my core people and to vendors when trying to set something up, thats it. I dont know you, I probably dont like you anyways, I dont want to talk to you and I probably will feel more stupid for talking to someone I generally dont know. I dont group with other people though anyways, so its a moot point. I didnt get this game to "meet other people", I got it toplay with my friends, nit make new ones. If for SOME reason, SOMEHOW, someone gets into our group and they dont talk, but they type, I could care less as long as they dont screw up the flow and can communicate in some way shape for or fashion, hell even emotes can do the trick sometimes. AS soon as you loot whore cash or start runnin off without the rest of the group, then your kicked. Voice chat does not make a game.

Grand_Rider
Oct 29, 2006, 12:52 PM
The stigma towards voice chatting in understandable; I myself have been unfortunate enough to encounter a plethora of bigots and/or immature individuals. However, it should be noted that there are ways to deal with such “undesirables”; via the mute feature or, better yet, the “player review” feature in Xbox Live that completely does away with anyone you don’t like for good.

Another reason I think voice chat gets a bad rep is ironically due to the heightened level of immersion it can provide. A player’s voice carries tone and demeanour and for those that wish to escape from themselves by creating a manageable persona using typed words, this can be a deterrent.

I still favour voice chat despite its downsides as the plusses can potentially outweigh them. From the time I got my 360 when it was released till now I only have 8 other gamers on my friends list. Through some fun sessions and deep, intelligent conversations I’ve gathered a bunch of online mates who I speak freely to in the way I would a friend on the phone or in person. The many, many fools I had to mute or blacklist to get to this state was worth the earache in my opinion.

Online RPGs and voice chatting require social skills that some people just don’t possess or care to use, they’ll soon find themselves by their selves.

Midicronica
Oct 29, 2006, 02:14 PM
I can agree that I hate when someone comes into my party and dosen't speak or at least type something out, however I don't boot them for that reason. When someone dosen't speak I try to understand they're reasons for it and usually won't pester them and make crude comments.

Jasam
Oct 29, 2006, 02:23 PM
On 2006-10-28 23:06, Zeta wrote:

So all of your 3000+ posts have an actual point?

I could've sworn you were just posting for posting's sake.

I'm not sure if this is your first message board or not, but post counts/karma/whatever mean jack shit to other people, except when people notice you haven't even been here a year and you've already posted 3000 times. Then they label you as a troll.

Who are you to talk about meaningless babbling? Some people enjoy discussing things other than "why the heck is your weapon purple?" and "omfg!!! H3 R t3h h4x0rz!?!". That's why we use the mic. To socialize.

We talk because we can. Like it or not, I really don't care.

So..... someone randomly takes a bash at someones post count because that has sooooo much to do with people talking online ¬.¬

On anouther note, The poll has truly spoken, a lot of people are completely sick of voice chat, I for one do NOT like dealing with 12-14 year old kiddies.

On top of that, text based communication allows people to show their maturity no matter what. Helps spot the adults who make 11 years olds look bad, and the younger players with some kind of maturity, a LOT easier then the first impressions you generaly get via mics.

Tetzuro
Oct 29, 2006, 02:39 PM
reason voice chat doesent owrk consistently is 360's router issue that as we speak microsoft is trying to fix, if ya wanna talk to people then call xbox and sega and demand it, i feel ya i hate not being able to talk

Sorenia
Oct 29, 2006, 02:42 PM
Personally I like using voice chat for some things but the idea of voice chatting with random strangers would drive me nuts. Whatever you want to do in your games is fine but I see no need for you to get on the forums and act like you can chastize people for not talking to you. It's pretty clear from even your completely biased poll answers that the majority don't share your opinion.

LocGaw
Oct 29, 2006, 02:44 PM
People that come to our rooms end up chatting. Even if it's with a KB and it's cool. When it's time for buisness, the jibber jabber stops... It is as simple as that. All of us have mics and KBs, so we combine both fine. Have done it for years on other MMOs...

We crack jokes. We laugh and have a good time. If that means typing fine. If that means telling a joke on VC, fine... Having fun is the only thing that maters when playing a game.

The only thing that bugs me is when people have neither and don't set their macro's... We congratulate you on your ding, rare and mission comp. Least the person could do is a simple "ty" or "grats"...

Flunky
Oct 29, 2006, 02:58 PM
I'm a proponent of voice chat, but this may only be due to dumb luck.

In my experience with PSU, roughly 1 out of 10 are annoying blighters. The rest have been folks who are nice and normal, either using voice chat to make fighting easier (dodging while requesting some backup) or to just chew the fat about various topics.

However, I'd say only about a quarter of the people I've played with have used mics. For those who use keyboards, that's ok. I don't have a keyboard yet, but I've a varied enough quickchat setup that I can do some basic interactions (or if necessary I can plug away at the software keyboard). Some of those who use keyboards also have mics, but only use it to listen. That's perfectly fine with me, we can both communicate with each other.

The people who don't bother to talk AT ALL and always leave me wondering just how many mates they have left or leave me unable to tell them they took the wrong turn... that's just frustrating.

I understand the whole 'roleplaying' aspect of keyboard/mic usage- I admit that using a mic does reduce the immersiveness a bit, but with or without mics people are going to be talking about matters that reduce my immersiveness to some degree.

When I hook up a keyboard I may indeed stop talking with my mic... but it's not exactly hard to listen to other people on the mic. If you find somebody you can't tolerate, just boot them or leave the group, blacklist accordingly.

In summary: try to communicate, somehow, please! People appreciate it when you can hear what they're saying, especially if it's something important to the mission. If you don't have the mic hooked up, let them know you can't hear them. Whatever you do, try to communicate -somehow- in a two-way fashion.

MayLee
Oct 29, 2006, 03:08 PM
I also can't stand people who talk waay to much, especially when it's about nothing or people who critisize you about how THEY think you should fight.

lostinseganet
Oct 29, 2006, 04:52 PM
On 2006-10-28 13:57, AC9breaker wrote:
How is he wreacking the game? By kicking people from his party who don't know how to be sociable in an online rpg? Especially in the xbox 360 community, where headsets come with the system. You would expect that people would use them. I don't understand actually, what the big deal is with people being scared of voice chat. Are you scared that someone is gonna say a curse word or something? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_confused.gif

Ther are many kids who play xbox live. The reason many of them do not play is because they have the voices of kids. Many are heavyly made fun of online. i remember in PSOX many did not say anything because of this. Yet when I talked about it they were willing to speak. Its had communicating with jerks...so cut them some slack.

Gnomes
Oct 29, 2006, 04:56 PM
look there is an option to turn off voice chat in the xbox 360 menu system... thats an option for you all that do not want to listen to people talk.... DO THAT.... for us that do want to talk and commicate in more of a oral sense by actually speaking it needs to be fixed

MayLee
Oct 29, 2006, 10:05 PM
On 2006-10-29 13:52, lostinseganet wrote:

On 2006-10-28 13:57, AC9breaker wrote:

Ther are many kids who play xbox live. The reason many of them do not play is because they have the voices of kids. Many are heavyly made fun of online. i remember in PSOX many did not say anything because of this. Yet when I talked about it they were willing to speak. Its had communicating with jerks...so cut them some slack.

Exactly.

I remember some guy made fun of my voice because he was losiing.

He said I sounded like a little boy and I told him I was a girl and he started saying that I waso homo because I'm a guy saying I was a girl. Losers, I tell you, I do not sound like a little boy; all 100% female. :Nod:

People have nothing better to do then to make fun of someone, I seriously do not tolerate it.

AlphaMinotaux
Oct 29, 2006, 10:11 PM
Hate to say it but i knew this would happen lol. MMO gamers don't talk. Most don't leave the basement http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Ryogen
Oct 29, 2006, 10:19 PM
Well if some of you can't handel talking to a kid then....ehh can't really tell if you are an adult. lol.

Knownoes
Oct 29, 2006, 10:58 PM
Dont have the 360 version myself, but I know that on PC games or communities that use TS/vent I tend to avoid using my mic, otherwise I get pretty odd looks from some family members in the next room. :o So that's something else to consider when you're booting someone for not wanting to speak.

I'll admit, typing is a drawback. In games like CS it can end up with someone getting an easy knife in the back of your skull. But in games like PSU it's easy to set up binds that say 'resta me pls' or 'omfghelp!1', and that would pretty much cover everything in the heat of battle.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Knownoes on 2006-10-29 19:59 ]</font>

Phabin
Oct 30, 2006, 12:16 AM
It's also possible that the person may be capable of voice chat but isn't in the position to use it.

For example in my dorm room, me and my roomate have agreed that if one of us is trying to study then the other one won't do anything too distracting. So while my roomie is studying I won't be doing any voice chatting but I wll have the keyboard hooked up and ready to go.

papito
Oct 30, 2006, 12:35 AM
I play mostly when my kids are taking a nap, or late when people are sleeping, and the rooms are close together where i live. So you wont catch me screaming on a microphone over a video game. But i mean this when i say it really hurts to know i wont get to group with you. Cause i really would love to hear a bunch of kids that i dont know screaming over a game, saying words they aint got enough balls to say to someone in person.

Tetzuro
Oct 30, 2006, 01:23 AM
i kinda find this all too retarded lol, if ya wanna talk then talk if ya dont then w/e, but talking in a mmo is no different thin talking to a person infront of you, u just cant see them lol, i usually talks about questions in the game or crack jokes with others and it really makes the missions alot shorter cause we have a good time chatting it up about w/e comes up into our gamer heads lol

BooChan
Oct 30, 2006, 01:34 AM
On 2006-10-28 23:24, Ryogen wrote:

...You know my sister (22) don't go through the problems or complaints with the things that you do. If the group is bothering her, She takes her mic off, put's it on mute or leaves. There is an easy way to enjoy a game and ignore others online. Complaining won't help. Not trying to be mean, but there is a lot of female gamers who just wants to be herd complaining (like we are suposed to fix your problems) and some that actually does somthing about it and don't have to complain. That is why there is a BlackList in the game.

I don't know what kind of female gamer you are and I understand your problems, but you and me both know that you know how to deal with them. I have two female (5 actually) PSU players in my guild and don't complain one bit. They know how to hanel people, espically guys.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ryogen on 2006-10-28 23:26 ]</font>

Like I posted at the end of my "I have low tolerance for immature and just overall rude obnoxious behavior." I'm not complaining I'm stating facts. Most female gamers on X box Live do not tolerate the BS. Those who do tolerate it are either young and don't know better, just as rude and obnoxious, and just love attention. Most of the time I do leave,Mute the punks, or just go to another game. But its almost the same responses where ever you go online. And its useless to spend your time telling weirdos off when you just want to play a game.

So far my experience on PSU has been pleasant. The amount of idiots is small. In fihting games online I'm used to BS. Thats a given,I can trash talk with the best of them. But when it comes to online RPG's I draw the line. I'm sorry but my PSO experience on the X box with voice chat was constant drama. Just because your sister avoids the problem does not mean it isn' there.

Ryogen
Oct 30, 2006, 01:42 AM
I understand BooChan and like I said "I understand where you are comming from", so I been around to know that even though my sister avoids the problem, it's always there. In any game, mic or not. I kinda thought that you were one of those "action or no action I'm going to complain about it" type of female gamers and it's my fault for thinking that.That reply you just made really helped me understand your point though. One question though, so you are officially cutting off your mic for RPG's such as PSU for good or are you just cutting it off until you find someone (whom you have played with for a good while...maybe 2 or 3 times) who is purely not a rude punk?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ryogen on 2006-10-29 22:43 ]</font>

BooChan
Oct 30, 2006, 01:50 AM
On 2006-10-29 22:42, Ryogen wrote:
I understand BooChan and like I said "I understand where you are comming from", so I been around to know that even though my sister avoids the problem, it's always there. In any game, mic or not. I kinda thought that you were one of those "action or no action I'm going to complain about it" type of female gamers and it's my fault for thinking that.That reply you just made really helped me understand your point though. One question though, so you are officially cutting off your mic for RPG's such as PSU for good or are you just cutting it off until you find someone (whom you have played with for a good while...maybe 2 or 3 times) who is purely not a rude punk?

Its ok. I haven't completely turned off my mic. I'm just cautious when playing in a room. I just listen to the others players to gauge their level of maturity before speaking. I mostly play on the PS2 version of PSU. But the 360 version is so pretty that I creep on there once in awhile. So far DOA4 is where I primarily do the most talking. I got a group of guys that I play with often.

Ryogen
Oct 30, 2006, 01:57 AM
On 2006-10-29 22:50, BooChan wrote:

Its ok. I haven't completely turned off my mic. I'm just cautious when playing in a room. I just listen to the others players to gauge their level of maturity before speaking. I mostly play on the PS2 version of PSU. But the 360 version is so pretty that I creep on there once in awhile. So far DOA4 is where I primarily do the most talking. I got a group of guys that I play with often.

Ahh ok, well that is a good way to find out what your dealing with...and you got both X360 and PC2 versons?! You play DOA4?! DOA4 is the one game I find great for actual talk....I know my S rank is failing now that I'm playing PSU more. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif Yeah Boo, thanks a bunch for your explanations on your gaming in RPG's and other games when it comes to mic's. I'm from a mmorpg site originally and we had a few of those "men hating" girls and...well you know what I'm getting at. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

UltraDeeDer
Oct 30, 2006, 02:10 AM
From the beta: I listen using xbox voice chat, but type with a USB keyboard.

This is because as I am from Australia I find it hard to talk to americans in PSU because of lag issues. Other games seem to support voice fine but PSU lags to hell and back, it may be sega's servers aswell cause i also find it with Chromehounds, also a sega online game.

cobfab
Oct 30, 2006, 02:16 AM

lol all Fenix ask is that you at least say "Hi" to the group, he didn't say you have to chat all the time. How hard is it greet someone which you do everyday in real life.

Talking about things other than PSU is stupid? You've got to be kidding right? Talking only about PSU for the whole time is stupid.

AlphaMinotaux
Oct 30, 2006, 03:06 AM
its already been said but PSU requires no teamwork or coordination what so ever so any talking over headset is purely BS chat to pass the time http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif i know cause i did it for PSOX

BooChan
Oct 30, 2006, 07:54 AM
On 2006-10-29 22:57, Ryogen wrote:

On 2006-10-29 22:50, BooChan wrote:

Ahh ok, well that is a good way to find out what your dealing with...and you got both X360 and PC2 versons?! You play DOA4?! DOA4 is the one game I find great for actual talk....I know my S rank is failing now that I'm playing PSU more. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif Yeah Boo, thanks a bunch for your explanations on your gaming in RPG's and other games when it comes to mic's. I'm from a mmorpg site originally and we had a few of those "men hating" girls and...well you know what I'm getting at. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

I own the PS2 version but my fiance owns the 360 version. DOA4 is the game I play the most for the 360. I'm just a B rank though.Your welcome.

EphekZ
Oct 30, 2006, 07:51 PM
oh please, get over yourself. So what, some people wont talk to you on the mic. It's not a rule that you have to. Also, I'm sure, many people didnt get the game just so you can talk. sure it's a good asset but it's not needed.

So i'll sum it up; Some people dont talk, who cares get over it and pay attention to the game.

Blitzkommando
Oct 30, 2006, 08:55 PM
I'm not on the Xbox 360 version, nor will I be, however, I might do voice chat over PC in the future. However, there is a problem with it for me. I have a rather bad connection. It has excellent downstream, but the upstream is horribly slow and if I use the upstream for a good hour or so, even with a 2kbps upstream block, the modem has to be reset. I fear the extra bandwidth required of the voice chat would just force me into resetting my modem multiple times a day as I already reset it as much as once a day. I realize I need a new modem, but it's not my decision on that part as I don't pay for the service nor the modem itself. So, yeah, when I did have Live I didn't use the voice chat much because the network that I am on is terrible. (For reference my speed is about 5Megabits per second downstream (700 KB/s) and about 120 kilobits per second upstream (less than 20 KB/s))

Hopefully I won't meet anyone from either group that kicks for only voice chat or only text chat. In any event, it's insulting to both groups to single out players for their preferred method of communication. So long as they communicate what needs to be communicated, and hey, socialize if they want, that's all that is important.

Blue-Hawk
Nov 1, 2006, 11:31 AM
Voice chat, in my experience, is one of the four horsemen of the apocolypse. A good idea for buisness people at the time, but give it to children and watch the world come crashing down. ESPECIALLY those whiney, immature and all around annoying kiddies that LOVE the sound of their own voices. Someone already said that voice chat in PSU is pointless. Now, I don't play the game.... Yet, but from what I hear, it's plainly every person for themselves. I can see using it in competative teams at times, (Need to get one for PvP in GW myself now >_< ) like team battling with/against other people, but in areas/games like that, it's useless and a keyboard will do just fine. Remember, SOME people don't want to listen to those whiney little gansta/rapper wannabe annoying pricks on the other end, much less take orders from them. Personally, I'd much rather rip out their vocal cords then hear them whine thay no one likes them or their build 'pwns' (God I HATE that word) yours. Or even worse. When using voice chat, make sure you NEVER make a female character. 9 times out of 10 you WILL get hit on by those immature brats that think online gaming is an online dating service. Get it through your pathetic last functioning brain cell that this is not a dating game. Hearing them try everything to get your female char o remove their clothes, or worse, cyber with them is enough to make you cancel your voice chat and smash the headset before finding the brats to beat them with a lead pipe.

What's with kiddies and their insistance to use that travesty to the gaming world called voice chat in non-competative games anyway?

Scrub
Nov 3, 2006, 09:54 PM
I don't really play with anyone other than some guys from the site here that I know, but I love voice chat. We can have debates, discussions, make sex jokes, or just laugh at each other and be general assholes(all in good fun).

I do have a character, however, that I plan to never use the voicechat on when playing publicly, and the only text he has set on him is punctuation (!!, ...??, $@&!@!!!, etc). Can't wait to see how THAT turns out!

Mystil
Nov 4, 2006, 09:40 AM
Oh my PS2, you're so sexy with your flat black self. With that tight toosh you got back there with my ethenet cable coming out of it. I'm going to take you no a date. I want to thank you for not having a microphone port. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gifhugs you^^