PDA

View Full Version : Grey texture..help..please!!!

Garasu
Oct 28, 2006, 06:34 PM
Where ever a weapon would have a photon-glow I just see a flat grey thing(online mode only..)Technics work fine, and ocasionally the waepons will glow but only for 10 seconds(normally in large partys during huge fights..) I've messed with the options alot, and updated my drivers..so whats up..?

Hajile
Oct 28, 2006, 07:42 PM
Sounds like a error of your video card , you should post what vid card you useing.

inferno10
Oct 28, 2006, 08:23 PM
I'm getting the same problem. In Story or Extra mode, I get the post-effects just fine. But when I go to online mode, it seems that post-effects gets disabled. You can tell this by the lack of a glowing blue when you first load into Network mode and the lack of photon-colored glowing from weapons. My guess is that the system determined it isn't powerful enough to handle post-effects in Network mode with all the extra overhead, while it is fine in Story/Extended.

I'm running on a Mac Mini with an integrated Intel 945GM graphics chipset with 128MB VRAM shared from main memory.

Garasu
Oct 28, 2006, 08:59 PM
Intel(R) 82915G/GV/910GL Express Chipset Family <---Graphics..Its a chip or something..

Hajile
Oct 28, 2006, 09:14 PM
Ah , you guys have a intergrated graphics card , thats why the photon lights are messing up. What you have is not a "real" graphics card it uses your computers ram to process the video releated stuff.

Not much you can do accept get a cheap standalone graphics card , you'l have to see if you have either a PCI or AGP slots in your computer. You'll have to manualy open your computer to find out theres guides on the internet.

PSU was made in mind with Geforce 4 and ATI Radeon 8500 and up in mind , intergrated graphics what you have is un -supported.

Raikku
Oct 28, 2006, 09:41 PM
Then how come it works in Story MODe?

Garasu
Oct 28, 2006, 11:11 PM
Yay..I know..thats what I want to know..and the graphic card doesnt work..-.- I dont have a job, and I have like no money..and my parents always tell me 'You have the best computer in the world..you dont need a graphics card!'...and I didnt even want this type of computer...

Drown
Nov 16, 2006, 07:40 PM
On 2006-10-28 19:41, Raikku wrote:
Then how come it works in Story MODe?

I second that question.