PDA

View Full Version : Ah king's put up a forum at Ragol.com

Atmas
Nov 15, 2002, 08:18 AM
Ah King has has put up a forum at ragol.com. There is barly anything there but, but it will hopefully grow.

AndyPandy
Nov 15, 2002, 08:27 AM
Bah, had enough of websites like that. People put a lot of effort in to posting stuff, then the admins decide they cant be arsed any more...sod em.

Atmas
Nov 15, 2002, 08:32 AM
The sever that had the forums on it had been broken twice. I can see why that would make someone give up. Stuff lie that is very expensive.

saffaya
Nov 15, 2002, 11:47 AM
er ... when I type http://www.ragol.com in my browser, I get :

Ragol.com is gone. It is not coming back. Please stop the abusive emails. Thank you.

I'm glad I leeched the whole site as soon as I heard the boards closing down ...

Russta
Nov 15, 2002, 11:56 AM
As much as I enjoyed Ragol.com what they did was wrong. The reasons they give for closing it were understandable but at the same time selfish and stupid.

Castoth
Nov 15, 2002, 03:26 PM
Blame Mindshare. For whatever reason, she decided to be a selfish bitch and close the site down, even though there always was the option of passing the reigns to another more capable admin to run the site. Guess most admins at sites feel that if they can't work on the site anymore, then no one can.

Wewt
Nov 15, 2002, 03:31 PM
On 2002-11-15 08:47, saffaya wrote:
I'm glad I leeched the whole site as soon as I heard the boards closing down ...

Feel free to upload some of the info somewhere for my future reference. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Bystander
Nov 15, 2002, 03:40 PM
Forgive me for my ignorance, but what exactly happened to Ragol.com?

BlazingTiger
Nov 15, 2002, 03:52 PM
Someone break it down for us all...

_xX_Frosty_Xx_
Nov 15, 2002, 03:59 PM
DAMN IT. I needed those mag guides.....I can't believe the shut the whole thing down.

Bystander
Nov 15, 2002, 04:07 PM
Mag guides, yes they were nice.

The thing that I remember is that if you have a force female, make sure she is the one who feeds the mag to level 100 where dex+pow = mind+def

When that requirement is satisfied, you get Sato... invulnerability on just about all situations and looks cool on top of that.

Oh, and once the level 100 evolution is done, your mag will never change again.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Bystander on 2002-11-15 13:09 ]</font>

saffaya
Nov 15, 2002, 04:12 PM
quoting from my leeched copy :

Ragol.com is currently closed.

Over the past few weeks, I have come to realise that I can no longer commit the time to the site that it deserves. I have a new life and a new job in Japan which requires my total dedication, and this leaves no room for server maintenance, answering hundreds of emails, and sorting out numerous problems with the forums - to name but a few of the 'issues' the site regularly throws up.

PSO is no fun anymore. I don't go online these days because most people only want to talk about the Ragol.com, and the game isn't the escape it once was.

Don't get me wrong. It's been a blast, and I've loved every minute of it, but the forums (which are the beating heart of Ragol.com) are severely damaged and to fix them would take more time than I have, so perhaps its an opportune moment to bow out.

I'm sure Ah King has a number of new tricks up his sleeve. His appetite for bringing you the latest and best gaming information never seems to diminish and I will talk to him about what he wants to do with all the data and pages which currently reside here. In the meantime, all the useful pages (such as the getting online guides, character stats etc) will remain here as you see them now. There just won't be any forums alongside them.

Thank you to all the people who have made this site what is was, not least the staff team, those who have helped us with technical services, and most importantly you the people who have visited and supported us.

Now I'm off to buy a new copy of PSO EpI&II and a new Hunter's License so that I can fade into the background once more...

Peace

Mindshare

saffaya
Nov 15, 2002, 04:17 PM
On 2002-11-15 12:31, WWWWWWWWWWWW wrote:
On 2002-11-15 08:47, saffaya wrote: I'm glad I leeched the whole site as soon as I heard the boards closing down ... Feel free to upload some of the info somewhere for my future reference. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif
I'll burn the data I have on a CD-R (in case my HD gets mean on me) and look if I can upload the most useful contents such as guides to my online place.
I'll keep you guys informed.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: saffaya on 2002-11-15 13:24 ]</font>

Wewt
Nov 15, 2002, 04:42 PM
Thanks a bunch.

Shrevn
Nov 15, 2002, 05:05 PM
whoa that is selfish... and wrong but hey ppl give up... and she/he did...
I only visited the site a few times and i have my DIWARI to thank for it! great faqs but besides that never went to the message boards.

Rhete
Nov 15, 2002, 05:07 PM
On 2002-11-15 12:26, Castoth wrote:
Blame Mindshare. For whatever reason, she decided to be a selfish bitch and close the site down

On 2002-11-15 14:05, wobba wrote:
whoa that is selfish... and wrong but hey ppl give up... and she/he did...

Good job, it's comments like those, that pushed the site to closed to totally gone. You have no right to bitch at someone who is providing you a service at their own expense

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Rhete on 2002-11-15 14:10 ]</font>

RuneLateralus
Nov 15, 2002, 05:19 PM
Yeesh, this Ragol.com thing sounds like something that happened to a forum that I was on last Feb. Really nice community that I got along with, but then, the administrator just deleted the entire site. No warning, not notice, everything was just gone and the site said "The Forum is gone...deal with it." Everyone hated this guy...even now, not to many people are keen about him.

I can understand that long time-goers to the site would be pissed off, but I am sure she had her reasons to do it. But then again, the forum I went to was deleted for not a good reason...but if she had to deal with abusive people on the forum and site insulting her all the time and take a bunch of blows, then she can only take so much before she tells herself it is not worth it and kill the account.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RuneLateralus on 2002-11-15 14:25 ]</font>

Wewt
Nov 15, 2002, 05:24 PM
On 2002-11-15 14:07, Rhete wrote:
Good job, it's comments like those, that pushed the site to closed to totally gone. You have no right to bitch at someone who is providing you a service at their own expense
Yeah you can. It's called 'I am the centre of the universe' syndrome.

You're right though, you can't really complain for losing something you got for free in the first place. And it's not like they received sponsorship money, so they had to pay for everything.

Spacepest
Nov 15, 2002, 05:51 PM
Since when does admitting to the PSO community that you have a life make you selfish?

I for one am going to miss Mindshare's site...the boards were fun, and gave alot of useful FREE information for gc pso...something that some pso players seem to have forgotten...
*you know those non importers were sneaking over there to look at gc pso stuff before it was released in usa lol*

saffaya
Nov 15, 2002, 06:22 PM
What is wrong is shutting everything down without notice.
Warning before would allow people to step up and propose to host the site or contribute.

CrashCat
Nov 15, 2002, 06:53 PM
Did anyone nab that new forum link Ah King posted before the thing went down? Not that I don't like it here, I just like to hedge my bets...

Castoth
Nov 15, 2002, 10:46 PM
What's selfish about it is that she gave no prior warning to it happening and didn't even give the option for one of the more willing admins (read: Ah King) to try and take over. It's when you show little care for the users of your site that an admin is called selfish and rightfully so.

Atax
Nov 15, 2002, 11:17 PM
On 2002-11-15 08:47, saffaya wrote:

Ditto.

ABDUR101
Nov 15, 2002, 11:28 PM
Lets not argue about it though, ok everyone? She closed down the site, it's already done.

I never really went there, but if it was her site, and she just did'nt want it ran anymore, then please accept that.

Yes, I agree she could have given a notice, and I agree she could have given Ah King or someone else the chance to run it, but she did'nt.

Her site, her decision, right?

If you all wish, you are all more than welcome here.

ThresholdRPG
Nov 16, 2002, 11:30 PM
I really wish Mindshare had just passed ownership to someone else.

The content of the site was great. The content here at PSO world is still really out of date. They don't have any of the GC lvl 100 mag evolutions for example.

The forums there were also a lot more helpful. I think the average age of the posters there was about 10 years higher and it was a more tightly knit group.

Saladwood
Nov 16, 2002, 11:34 PM
hey now, do we really need a psow bashing?

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Nov 16, 2002, 11:41 PM
On 2002-11-16 20:34, PSOSaladWood wrote:
hey now, do we really need a psow bashing?

Some guy on the new Ah-king ragol.com forums did some PSOW bashing as well.
http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_argh.gif

I won't go back there ever again now.

LollipopLolita
Nov 16, 2002, 11:43 PM
why is there this need to bash psow? so far it's been space for ragol people to come and talk about ragol.com, and we've never bashed ragol. we have our own content, they have their content. seriously now, must people stoop to this level?

BlazingTiger
Nov 17, 2002, 12:05 AM
hmmmm. PSOW is pretty decent. PSOW has done well to keep thier forum up and running... They are still here and that's what counts...

Klakalou
Nov 17, 2002, 01:01 AM
psow is only second to ragol, and now with ragol gone, you do the math.

Ouroboros
Nov 17, 2002, 10:56 AM
OK, the new forum link is:

http://dynamic5.gamespy.com/~pe2/phpBB2/index.php

If this is considered spam, feel free to edit my post. Some of the old Ragol guides (including the mag guide) can be found here:

http://dynamic5.gamespy.com/~pe2/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=60

Now, if anyone could upload or send me any other useful guides (from the site or forums), I'd be grateful. I'll be happy to host them if you don't have anywhere to put them on the web.

Castoth
Nov 17, 2002, 01:12 PM
Probably the same reason why people at Ragol and people at GameFAQs liked to attack each other too...

LollipopLolita
Nov 17, 2002, 06:29 PM
nah fat tony, don't worry it's not spam.

always feel free to come here and post.

couple things i'd like to say though'

1. no more of this ragol vs psow stuff. really it's pointless. why don't users use both sites as a resource instead. no more psow bashing. come on now we welcome everyone freely.

2. no more mindshare bashing. what she did was her decision.

3. don't bash ragol.com unfairly too kay?

welcome ragol.com members ^_^

maybe we can start sharing and crossposting guides.

come on psow members? show us some good guides.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: LollipopLolita on 2002-11-18 05:45 ]</font>