PDA

View Full Version : Quit hating on Newmans In Melee!

Ninpo_Tamashii
Oct 28, 2006, 08:59 PM
I'm sorry, it had to be said. I know I'm not the only one who wanted to make a HUnewearl in PSO and didn't becuase they were female (andsettledwithaFOmarinstead) but besides the fact! Newmans Can melee fine. Yeah they arn't fringed on power, but next to casts they have the highest attack accuracy in the game. Their Evasion is damn well impressive, and if you give them the wartecher class, they don't have to run around boosting everything under the sun to improve their TP strength. You can focus on buffing/debuffing/resta, and have at it with your choice of daggers or sabers. (Twin Daggers are the shyt btw http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif )

So please..people..stop hating on Melee'ing Newmans because we arn't casts or beasts. It just requires a diffrent type of playstyle. The diffrent gear manufactuers emphasize diffrent types of stats for a reason, you can help let your gear make up for innate stat diffrences.

Player skill > Gear > Race.

Notice which is at the bottom of List :/ quit hating, and show more Luv.

Mah 10 cents.

Kura-X
Oct 28, 2006, 09:08 PM
im glad someone agrees. Just because Newmans are magically attuned, doesnt mean they should all be forces.

I'm going guntecher with my Newman. Why? Because i like playing a ranger, and PSO never had any Newman rangers.

Saner
Oct 28, 2006, 09:10 PM
ya just ignore the 'elitists'.

they nitpick everything and believe races are this and that and should be this and that, but ppl who play how they want is what matters.

there is no wrong way to play. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Kura-X
Oct 28, 2006, 09:18 PM
i feel like spiting all of them and making a Beast Protranser

Randomness
Oct 28, 2006, 09:20 PM
I'm perfectly content with a newman force, but then I absolutely LOVE explosions. Though bows are awesome as well, I can't believe how hard I can hit. I think I've seen ONE other newman with a bow online so far. ONE.

Kura-X
Oct 28, 2006, 09:38 PM
im a bow fan myself. I always carry one with me.

Ninpo_Tamashii
Oct 28, 2006, 11:59 PM
Don't wartecher's get Bow Profeciency at A rank? -Grins-

JaiBlue
Oct 29, 2006, 12:06 AM
I don't mind Melee every now and then, but rather stick to techniques too bad newmen's aren't as strong as their Fomar ancestors, because back in the day, high levled techniques could drop evey monster in the room before anyone on your team could land a single hit .

Feelmirath
Oct 29, 2006, 02:40 PM
While they excel in techniques, I don't see any harm in going melee as a Newman. People buy the game, they can be whatever the hell they want to be. Another thing many people forget is the fact Newmans have some pretty sweet evasion, and a reasonably high ATA to boot.

EJ
Oct 30, 2006, 02:48 AM
I was a newmans hunter till I got to lvl 5 and then switch to work on my force job.

Everyone I played with never seem to complain that I was a newman hunter. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_confused.gif