PDA

View Full Version : error 051?

jayrod0428
Oct 29, 2006, 10:37 AM
I've been getting this for days. I'm connected to a college network on a slim-line PS2. I've talked to IT, and they've given me all that I should need.

I go to Network Mode, log on, DNAS goes on, I log in with my ID, and immediately after Error 051 is flashed.

If anyone doesn't know what Error 051 is by now, here you go.

Error 051: Could not connect to the server. The server may be undergoing maintenence. Check out the official forums for more information.

Any thoughts on how to avert this? I've been asking this question on many forums to no avail.. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Dhylec
Oct 29, 2006, 10:51 AM
Error 051: Could not connect to the server. The server may be undergoing maintenence. Check out the official forums for more information.

That's what it means, either wait awhile & reconnect or until the maintenance is done.
Also, search this Tech forum for more topics on this, that might give better idea.

jayrod0428
Oct 29, 2006, 11:58 AM
Thank you, but I also forgot to mention that I've been trying to reconnect for days. I try at varied times throughout the day, so I can be sure it's not server overload.

I've probably tried to connect over a hundred times over these past few days, and it has not accomplished anything.