PDA

View Full Version : European PSO ep 1&2 release??

Eve
Nov 15, 2002, 02:36 PM
Does anyone have info a on a possible release in Europe? I tried mailing Sega Europe but dispite being told there was no definite date,they were wrong before aboout the Dreamcast Vrs2.

Still im optimistic,but i know it wont be released This year -sigh.

Spektrum
Nov 15, 2002, 03:17 PM
I saw this date: 2003-03-15 on a site wheter thats true or not i cant tell.

Rich_T
Nov 15, 2002, 03:42 PM
All ive heard from infogames, who curently publish all of segas stuff in europe is "thrid Qaurter 2003" or autumn next year http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

At the monet im trying to get an import, but no one (UK based importers - to avoid import tax on delivery) can get any stock http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

RedFox
Nov 15, 2002, 03:59 PM
*resists soapbox*

*makes tea instead... AGAIN*

importing is probably your best bet right now... i've been nagging all sorts of companies for a PAL release date but i havent had any luck. In fact its been removed entirely from www.gameplay.com's release dates section.

www.goblindirect.comdo a good US GC+PSO bundle (which includes a BBA i think http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_confused.gif ) which is handy.... if they decide to get some stock...

Eve
Nov 15, 2002, 09:55 PM
Importing is not a option for me,as i dont think there is a bootdisc for Gamecube (the action replay is supposed to have one called Freeloader,but i havent heard from anyone who has that boot disc).

I dont feel like buyng a all region GC just for one game,seeing as i own a Pal GC as it is.

Ack.

Ah well thanks for the help http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

RedFox
Nov 16, 2002, 07:04 AM
On 2002-11-15 18:55, Eve wrote:
Importing is not a option for me,as i dont think there is a bootdisc for Gamecube (the action replay is supposed to have one called Freeloader,but i havent heard from anyone who has that boot disc).

Freeloader and action replay should both be out by the end of the year

PopCultureMonkey
Nov 16, 2002, 08:33 AM
Imported mine - Japanese BBA, American PSO, American GC.

Best thing I ever did, selling my PAL GC and buying an American one - They're very cheap at Goblin, you know...

You'd be a fool to buy PAL nowadays. I wouldn't hold my breath for Freeloader either, as the release datehas slipped about twenty time now from the original release back in May.

I hope it does come out, because it'll mean more Brits on PSO - But seriously, you'd be better off importing. The games are cheaper, they come out months earlier and they're all guaranteed 60Hz.

Hardware here: http://www.goblindirect.co.uk
Games here: http://www.dvdboxoffice.com

Buy, you fools! Buy!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: PopCultureMonkey on 2002-11-16 05:36 ]</font>

rena-ko
Nov 16, 2002, 08:50 AM
hm... the day i heard that the japanese version got released, i almost imported but then i chatted with some pso-friends about it and.... well... if there wasnt the high hunters licence fee, i think i would...
damn... now i start thinking about it again... -_-;;;

edit:
hm... played around a bit with the second link's page... nice prices really, but... no modems available these days?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: rena-ko on 2002-11-16 06:34 ]</font>

PopCultureMonkey
Nov 16, 2002, 10:49 AM
They're just in short supply, they'll show up.

Easier to get those from Japan.

rena-ko
Nov 16, 2002, 11:32 AM
i see...
...do you have any suggestions (links to webshops) where i can look for them?
i know, i'm lazy, but pretty please? ^_^

edit:
this is also a good oportunity to being able to play sonic collection and animal crossing+ - since i dont think these two games will come to europe that soon...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: rena-ko on 2002-11-16 08:36 ]</font>

RedFox
Nov 16, 2002, 11:40 AM
you've convinced me to sell my PAL GC so that i can import a US GC+PSO.

GoblinDirect Price: ?179
Stock Status: On Order
Whats in the In The Pack?:

Value Pack Includes

US GameCube (factory refurb) - 6 months warranty
Stepdown converter
Memory Card 59 (3rd Party)
Phantasy Star Online 1&2
Broadband Adapter
1 Controller
AV Leads

pretty damn good if you ask me!
now... need to find a buyer...

EDIT: ?=pounds... not sure why this doesnt come out properly...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RedFox on 2002-11-16 08:42 ]</font>

Rich_T
Nov 16, 2002, 12:13 PM
I ordered the Goblin pack in late october, and so far im still waiting, although to be fair there seems to be a bit of a stock problem at the moment.

£££ $$$$ €€€€

rena-ko
Nov 16, 2002, 12:46 PM
hm, the bba in set looks good (if i had dsl ^_^;;;), but a 3rde party mem-card is something i wont need...

but this thing about the stepdown converter... is this an electricity-issue (i was never that good at physical science)? wont a simple holiday-converter (us -> eu) do?

because with the second link (DVD-box office) you get a slightly better price, but no such converter (and no memcard... but hey...)(and no modem/bba... hmmmm...)

edit:
now just the problem with the hunters licence... what does the u.s.-one cost i total?
how do i pay without an international credid card?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: rena-ko on 2002-11-16 10:15 ]</font>

Eve
Nov 16, 2002, 02:16 PM
That seems like a good price (just 10 cheaper than my PAL Mario Sunshine bundle),although i guess
i would need a US Freeloader disc to play UK games on it ??

Ive seen Universal GCs doing the rounds,ill check
and compare prices.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Eve on 2002-11-16 11:17 ]</font>

rena-ko
Nov 16, 2002, 03:33 PM
i just thought over that and came to the clue:
"why buying pal-versions anyway?"
you can have the us-versions for less money spent and if you want and buy your games in packes of 3 or so, you wont pay as much for shipping etc.
memcards just have to be reformated, other hardware is compatible.
i mean the average game at DVD-box office costs around 50 euro - and the average game in the shops costs around 60 euro... now, add the fact that the us-versions are coming out way sooner than the pal-versions are and we have a not to underestiminate time-advantage for some few euros...

*gets slightly frustrated again*

geh... i should stop reading nekobox.org's faito club...

Rich_T
Nov 16, 2002, 03:54 PM
If you want to use a mains powered electrical device that is intended for use in another country you need
a converter for the plug socket ( as different countries have diferent plugs)
And in some cases a stepdown transformer.

The mains voltage in North America is 110v , The mains Voltage in Europe is 240v, plug a north american device directly nto a european power suply and it wont last long. That is why a step down is critical

PopCultureMonkey
Nov 16, 2002, 04:02 PM
The memory cards won't have to be reformatted - They're formatted for language, not region.

Yes, you'll need a step-down too.

Congratulations, you're well on your way to not being a PAL-owning victim.

RedFox
Nov 17, 2002, 06:50 AM
now just the problem with the hunters licence... what does the u.s.-one cost i total?
how do i pay without an international credid card?

the HL costs $8.95 (i think) whic is roughly the same in euros.

and i belive a good debit card (i.e. switch or visa) should work.

WHOO HOO!!! found a buyer for my PAL GC

Spektrum
Nov 17, 2002, 07:03 AM
I dont have a GC yet but when I get one I wont get the US version cus I wont be able to play online because I dont have a credit card buuhuuu! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

RedFox
Nov 17, 2002, 07:45 AM
On 2002-11-17 04:03, Spektrum wrote:
I dont have a GC yet but when I get one I wont get the US version cus I wont be able to play online because I dont have a credit card buuhuuu! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

its likely that ST may make PAL users pay for a HL. the only reason they didnt do that with v2 is because of its outrageous delay and by then PSO had already been rendered unplayable. As prices in PAL regions are (usually) higher therefore expect to find US PSO to have a cheaper HL then the PAL version ( if it has one at all)

Eve
Nov 17, 2002, 08:49 AM
I had a good 6 months run at Vrs2playing mainly in locked games with friend ( a few RSOD's, dreamcast resets and a NOL incident still occured though) untill i became ill AND the ISP cut-off Dreamcast support.

I used to import all the time but i got sick of having too .

rena-ko
Nov 17, 2002, 08:56 AM
i dont think pal-users have to pay for their hl because they have to wait more than a year again, but then i could be wrong.

then... any other way to pay for the hl (this is really some trouble...)? i only got eurocard so far, but i'll check on a visa-card tomorrow... but anyone can tell me, how the payment works, if i could transfer it to the bankaccount it belongs as well etc...
(and there we are at the 'monthly costs in total again', because it causes additional fees everywhere...)

any european who allready plays (and pays) can help me? i would like to know how things work before i buy 'the cat in the bag'...

well... now my -i'm-lazy-question- : anyone can mention a good step down converter for not much money and or a(n) (online-)shop where i can purchase a modem?

or some 'technical' support... are there special requirement, that i should look at, when i'm going to buy a stepdown converter?

those two things are still missing at my list...

thank you all for the patience m(_ _)m

RedFox
Nov 17, 2002, 09:06 AM
On 2002-11-17 05:56, rena-ko wrote:

well... now my -i'm-lazy-question- : anyone can mention a good step down converter for not much money and or a(n) (online-)shop where i can purchase a modem?

or some 'technical' support... are there special requirement, that i should look at, when i'm going to buy a stepdown converter?

those two things are still missing at my list...

thank you all for the patience m(_ _)m

the US PSO+GC bundle at www.goblindirect.co.ukincludes both a modem and stepdown converter for all of your importing pleasure http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Malkavian
Nov 17, 2002, 11:04 AM
This time I want to wait, because when the PAL version will be released I'm sure i will want to get it. For play offline multiplayer and all but start characters again... is not like I need to play PSO now. I want PSO for play it many years and reach lv 200 http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Atax
Nov 17, 2002, 11:49 AM
On 2002-11-16 12:54, Rich_T wrote:
If you want to use a mains powered electrical device that is intended for use in another country you need
a converter for the plug socket ( as different countries have diferent plugs)
And in some cases a stepdown transformer.

The mains voltage in North America is 110v , The mains Voltage in Europe is 240v, plug a north american device directly nto a european power suply and it wont last long. That is why a step down is critical

Oooooorrr...... You can just order a official power adapter from the head Nintendo office in your country.

I use a aussie power adapter with my JP cube, and it works just fine.

Oh, and I reakon there will be a HL for PAL regions; even heard a few rumors that it'll be done in british pounds, which would be bad for aussie players due to the local dollar being weak against the pound.

Sell you PAL cubes and get a modded NTSC one. Freeloader and Action Replay are nothing more but vaporware, so **** 'em.

rena-ko
Nov 18, 2002, 04:20 AM
the idea with the official local adapter is great, thank you very much ^_^

i'm not likely to get the bundle, because some things i allready have - like a memcard for example ^_^ - just a modem is missing...

for the HL-in-pounds-thing... hm... if this is really true, then why not import right now, since that can mean, europeans have to pay a fee equaly to the american one... i dont want to wait AND pay.

ah and the pound-thingy - i think this just because "nintendo online" starts in britain. germany for example gets the official oportunity to join the game in around 1 or 2 months after the british do... and australia seems to be in the third wave ^_^;
this is mostly about modems and support - you could import one from gb and be happy with it, as well, (once it gets released) - i think.

and about freeloader... i'm not that convinced... changing disk twice everytime i want to play... and i will play this game a lot... i know it from the dreamcast with my japanese version of guilty gear x and its a (small) pain...

ok, now the only hurdle left between me and pso (besides waiting for the delivery once i have ordered and looking for a modem) is getting a fitting credit card for the hl -_-;
- so... visa will really do?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: rena-ko on 2002-11-18 01:24 ]</font>

rena-ko
Nov 18, 2002, 04:37 AM
from the pso-forum of http://www.maniac.de (a magazines homepage):

Hab in Andis thread geschrieben "scheint jetzt 1. Quartal 2003 zu sein"

Six hatte Infogrames gemailt. Die sagten es sei ein Datenbankfehler, das PAL game wäre fast fertig und man warte auf ein OK von Nintendo.

Desweiteren hab ich auf ragol.com was von Februar 2003 gelesen.

Es gibt also Hoffnung, richtig offiziell ist noch nix
-------------end of quote--

someone seems to have mailed infogrames and they answered that the "3rd quarter 2003" at the page is a databank-error and that the pal-version is almost done and they only wait for an ok by nintendo...
hm...
so far the rumors...
and this rumor here totaly leaves the one out that sega will publish alone again next year in europe...

back to wait and have tea then?
(no, i dont think so, at least for me, i'm sick of waiting... and not just for pso, for everything...)

RedFox
Nov 18, 2002, 04:46 AM
Oooooorrr...... You can just order a official power adapter from the head Nintendo office in your country.

I use a aussie power adapter with my JP cube, and it works just fine.

i dont know what austrailian mains run at but as far as i know ALL EU mains sockects run at 240v which will fry a US GC. simply using the local plug adapter wont reduce that figure.

i assume that aussie mains run at 110v. please correct me if i am wrong

EDIT: hmm... nice tea

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RedFox on 2002-11-18 01:59 ]</font>

rena-ko
Nov 18, 2002, 04:58 AM
its more like the local official adapter by nintendo reforms the ... 240v standard into that what every cube wants (to say it like a preschooler ^_^;;;) - the us-adapter cannot handle the european system (without an eu -> us infront of it, plugwise), but the european one can - and what comes out of it (and goes to the cube) should be the same with both official adapters.

edit:
it sounds logical this way, but i could be deadwrong as well - please correct me, if. (_ _)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: rena-ko on 2002-11-18 02:08 ]</font>

RedFox
Nov 18, 2002, 05:07 AM
if you decide to go ahead with it then be sure to tell us how it all goes. i'd be very interested to see the results but i'd say it was risky...

i've done a little research on using an import system and they ALL make a point of using a stepdown.

stepdowns are cheap anyway, and theres one bundled in the goblin direct bundle anyway so its not like im going out of my way.

rena-ko
Nov 18, 2002, 05:15 AM
now you frighten me....

i agree that using an us-..... (netzteil... netzteil... ah!) powerpack/mains adapter with a simple holiday-plug-converter will do harm to the pack and/or cube...
but how about the solution atax made?

hm... now you mention it, i think i remember there was something about 110v in australia..... hmmmmmm....... *smokecomesfromears*

edit:
i for my part... am not that happy with the goblin-bundle... i mean... 3rd party mem-card... and just that there is modem/bba mentioned doesnt mean they have those in stock...

edit2:
ah, i found it (on http://www.jagen-weltweit.de/archiv/archiv_beitrag_2644.html ):
Die Stromspannung betr? in Australien 240/250 Volt. Europ?che Ger? k?n problemlos verwendet werden, allerdings wird ein dreipoliger Adapter oder Weltstecker mit flachen Stiften ben?t.

this means - its the same in australia like in europe - just other plugs... japan on the other hand has 220v on the west side and 110v on the east side... or otherwise... cant remember correctly... ^^;;

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: rena-ko on 2002-11-18 02:23 ]</font>

Atax
Nov 18, 2002, 05:27 AM
Australia uses 240V. It doesn't matter what official power adapter you use in your country, they all output to DC12V. So basically:

US adapter

AC110V -> DC12V

Aussie adapter

AC240V -> DC12V

So in basic sense, take a JP cube to Australia and use a Aussie power power adapter, and it'll work fine. Take one to Britain and use a British power adapter, and it'll work fine. Take one to the US and use an yanky power adapter, and it'll work fine.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Atax on 2002-11-18 02:30 ]</font>

rena-ko
Nov 18, 2002, 05:46 AM
thanks a lot, atax (_ _)

problem:
1. powerpack - solved
2. ordering - in progress
2a. modem - in progress
3. info about us-hl - in progress
3a. visa for hl - in progress (delay)

about the visa-thingy... hm... will be difficult because i'm student and as you all know, students tend to not having a high enough monthly income to be able to get a visa-card... -_-;
ah but thats not a problem to be discussed here, so never mind ^_^

RedFox
Nov 18, 2002, 05:48 AM
well.... i guess that put me in my place....

*sips at tea and gives THE EVILstare http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/eviltongue.gif*

i guess that would make sense...nintendo wouldnt really want multiple voltage GC's all over the place. maybe i'll keep my UK GC plug and give my friend the US plug+stepdown when i sell it to him...

Atax
Nov 18, 2002, 06:19 AM
You can always wait for the revised JP version, rena-ko. It's due out next month, and the HL is cheap (can't remember the exact yen amount, but it came out as $22AUD for 3 months, for me).

RedFox
Nov 18, 2002, 06:28 AM
JP imports usually cost more
PLEASE pove me wrong again!

*awaits to hopefully be proved wrong^^;*

Atax
Nov 18, 2002, 06:56 AM
LoL! Actually, I find US and JP games costing about the same, if you buy from the right places.

Actually, the only reason I didn't get the US version of PSO was because of the HL.

Spending $20AUD every 3 months on a HL is much nicer then spending $15AUD everymonth. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

RedFox
Nov 18, 2002, 07:18 AM
On 2002-11-18 03:56, Atax wrote:
LoL! Actually, I find US and JP games costing about the same, if you buy from the right places.

where? im still scouting for a good importer

rena-ko
Nov 18, 2002, 09:05 AM
hm... yes... but when i go for the japanese 'revised' version i have to do 3 orders instead of one...
1. for a modded us-cube...
2. for the japanese game / modem
3. for the us-games i wanted as well (animal crossing, some other cube-games i would have to wait months for elseway...)

i sorta liked the prices at DVDboxoffice... hm...
but i think i'll look around a bit further...

sure, a japanese cube can be modded as well... but with the huge advantage of the cheaper hl, there come the two disadvantages of having to buy yet another memcard and of course the problem with the modding... (where, is it save for the cube, etc...)

and my japanese isnt that good so far that i would be able to buy and understand animal crossing (or any other game) in this wonderful language...
(but maybe... it would be worth a try... its some kind of good challenge.... hm.......)

well anyway, could you or anyone 'donate' some good online-shop's adresses? for modem, game and modded us-cubes/j-cubes? thank you very much in advance.
(_ _)

oh and....
redfox, my recent posts were really not meant as to offend you. i'm really sorry if they did. m(_ _)m

RedFox
Nov 18, 2002, 09:30 AM
lol! i thought i was the one that sounded offensive! i just dont want to see somebody in the same position as me get screwed due to a plug socket!

anyway... back to the point. if it is possible to buy a modded US or JP GC then that would help because a JP GC as we know will not play US games which is really what we need.

IF (big if), it isnt possible to import a modded GC then maybe i'll have to get into contact with some relatives living in the states.

or alternatively, i could buy a US GC and a JP PSO and run it via freeloader, this would avoid future problems importing US games, while the freeloader should run the JP PSO without any problems... i do understand that freeloader isn't futureproof but it shouldnt have any problems running JP PSO...

But this leads me to another point, why not just get the JP PSO and freeloader and play it on a PAL machine?

note this is all assuming that the freeloader works by simply adjusting the reigon codes for the game being used which should work until the reigon codes are changed, which should have no effect by the time we are playing JP PSO.

again please correct me if i'm wrong.

Wewt
Nov 18, 2002, 09:34 AM
Freeloader was supposed to change the regional coding or something on the console, to enable you to play games of any region. But I wouldn't hold your breath on the wait for Freeloader, I doubt the thing will ever even be released..

RedFox
Nov 18, 2002, 09:57 AM
well untill i've explored ALL possible import solutions then i'll keep freeloader in mind. but only as a back-up idea as i know its not full-proof

rena-ko
Nov 18, 2002, 10:24 AM
^_^;

yeah, you have a good point there.

so the best choice would be:
-us-cube modded (hm...)
-modem / bba (jp-ones seems to be in stock again)
-jp-game revised (for less hl and linked servers)
-us-games (the others i want ^_^)
-european powerpack (piece of cake)
-2+ mem#cards (with whom you have to be very careful not to reformat them by accident)
-ascii-key-pad (which i actually own already ^_^)

lets check - until now this are minimum 3 different orders... -_-;;;;

and still the how to buy the hunters-licence-purchase-without-a-visa-card-which-i-apparently-wont-get-with-my-current-status-problem...

edit:
or... another choice would be:
drinking one cup of tea after another and eat some cookies (that have to match with the tea of course) while waiting until sega or infogrames is at last willing to graciously take a bit more money because i waited and maybe not a 'that high fee' like for the us-version (or - *gasps* - no fee at all).

hm.. that sounds like i would have nothing to do in my life besides plaing pso and drinking tea...

i was on nintendo.de - they tread everyone like idiots and there are no others than little noisy children everywhere on that site.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: rena-ko on 2002-11-18 07:41 ]</font>

RedFox
Nov 18, 2002, 10:34 AM
hmmm... i'll get scouting for an importer that stocks modded cubes... any help finding such a site would be appreciated.

BTW this is probably the most expensive way to go about this...

rena-ko
Nov 18, 2002, 10:47 AM
hm... the whole importing-thing is expensive, but my patience is gone since a week (see: current mood).
and the one 'package' i stated above is the one with the most choice on games later. i just dont like the idea to have to change mem-cards everytime i want to play something other than pso (what hardly happens but, well, happens sometimes)

the cube is sadly no dreamcast2... and this 'pal-cube gets a different motherboard because... its monday'... *sigh*.......

Atax
Nov 18, 2002, 10:54 AM
If you don't have a CC to buy a HL, rena-ko, you can always pay someone to purchase some webmoney for you, which you can then use to purchase a HL.

RedFox
Nov 18, 2002, 11:31 AM
i scanned the first few pages of http://www.ebay.com and http://www.ebay.co.uk and couldn find anything... and i cant seem to find a service that imports modded GC's so im going to go back to plan B (oh no... not... plan B!!) and go through goblin. the US version will be adequate for my PSO fix.

the HL isnt that much of an expense... maybe its because the strength of th UK pound is a sky-high, but $8.95per month works out to about 4-5 pounds which is less then i earn for an hours work.

Eve
Nov 18, 2002, 11:58 AM
There is someone selling a modded GC right now on Ebay,but ive been burned a few times on there to risk it.

RedFox
Nov 18, 2002, 01:41 PM
On 2002-11-18 08:58, Eve wrote:
There is someone selling a modded GC right now on Ebay,but ive been burned a few times on there to risk it.

dang... musta missed it... d'ya have a link?

rena-ko
Nov 19, 2002, 07:41 AM
@atax
do you mean something like 'paypal'? i'll check on that...
this leads to the question:
on which ways can you pay for your hl?

a modded us-cube... lets see...
my only source on that right in the moment (www.gamefreax.de) is a bit expensive with 280 euro for a modded us-cube.
hm... i'd bet i knew another onlineshop.....

Aya
Nov 19, 2002, 09:56 AM
hey all *gives everyone a cookie to warm their hearts*

hows the quest for european online pso going! a friend over in the states is sending me an american gamecube with PSO, and ive got a japanese bba on the way too, so i should (hopefully) be online over the weekend.

look foward to playing with you all!

ps. have any of you heard any BSOD horror stories using the BBA?

RedFox
Nov 19, 2002, 10:42 AM
*dips cookie in tea*

we're slowly getting there... i've now decided to go with the www.goblindirect.co.uk US GC+PSO bundle for 180 pounds which is about 270 euros off the top of my head...

Spektrum
Nov 19, 2002, 11:32 AM
Dam! 179 pounds i thought it was 179$! now that I think of it that would have been cheap as I dont even know what it would have been cheap as!!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Spektrum on 2002-11-19 08:39 ]</font>

rena-ko
Nov 19, 2002, 12:06 PM
modded cubes (jp+us):

http://www.lan-kwei.com/gamecubeE/
summary: modded us-cube for 211 euro / 185 us$

that price is the best that i could dig out...

well i'll have to decide yet:
A: the american bundle (high hl, but hey...)
B: the modded bundle with jp-version (tricky)
C: waiting for the pal-version (lots of time needed)
D: forget all about GCNpso and start a real life ^_^

ah, thanks for the cookie (me likes cookies), perfect for my mint tea right now...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: rena-ko on 2002-11-19 09:10 ]</font>

RedFox
Nov 19, 2002, 05:07 PM
theres some nice offers on there... i'm definatly interested...

260 euros for a modded console+ BBA...

hmmm...

Eve
Nov 19, 2002, 07:30 PM
On 2002-11-18 10:41, RedFox wrote:

On 2002-11-18 08:58, Eve wrote:

This isnt the same machine but its a US machine:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=802999173

d

ang... musta missed it... d'ya have a link?

RedFox
Nov 20, 2002, 03:49 AM
i have emailed the seller to find out what colour it is and whether or not it has been modded! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

i await a reply.....

neko-chan
Nov 20, 2002, 04:19 AM
I just red a news about Nintendo's update PAL release dates.

PSO is scheduled for first quarter 2003. >_>

Hope they are right.

RedFox
Nov 20, 2002, 04:20 AM
this was announced at the weekend by nintendo europe

Metroid Prime (March 2003
Resident Evil 0 (March 2003)
Phantasy Star Online (Q1 2003)
Super Monkey Ball 2 (Q1 2003)
Rayman 3 Hoodlum Havoc (Q1 2003)
Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon (Q1 2003)
The Legend of Zelda (Q2 2003)
1080º Avalanche (Q2 2003)
Wario World (Q2 2003)
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles (Q4 2003)
True Crime (Q2/Q3 2003)
Hitman 2: Silent Assassin (Q2 2003)
Enter The Matrix (Q2 2003)

highlighted (obviously) is PSO so it could come out earlier then expected...

rena-ko
Nov 20, 2002, 05:39 AM
yeah, lets look at it:
metroid prime (avaialable as us-import since yesterday),
resident evil 0 (avaialable as us-import since ... some weeks),
pso (avaialable as us-import since ages... and japanese 2nd release in a few days)...
adiditionally things who seem to never be released here: animal crossing, sonic mega collection, (phantasy star collection), etc....

if it would only be pso, i'd say, lets wait and have a long tea-time, but its also everything else. i'm just sick of waiting senselessly and pay some euro more for a much later release...

hm....
but well... i wanted to finally decide on import or not until 26th this month so i think i'll sleep over it a few times again now... (was almost sure...)

edit: i put ps collection in (brackets) because the gba is "modded" by default.
edit2: raaaaah... i dunno what to do, i dunno what to do... no choice (A,B,C,D - see some post above) is the golden shiny one... ...
do you think having two different cubes would be a waste? (me having weird ideas recently...)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: rena-ko on 2002-11-20 03:22 ]</font>

Aya
Nov 20, 2002, 12:19 PM
hey dudes

this is a real gamecube noob question, but is it possible to play 2 player online? im going to be connecting via bba so bandwidth wont be a problem.... but is it possible?

thanks

RedFox
Nov 20, 2002, 03:06 PM
nah... split screen is only offline.

rena-ko, seems getting an import system will obviously help us get games earlier then usual.

but then we all knew that anyway...

Eve
Nov 20, 2002, 04:39 PM
As someone mention before, Euro GC PSO might get a march release, if this story is true:

http://www.cube-europe.com/newsphp/news.php?id=3043,then i guess it would be the right time to release it then,no? http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

I may wait,or go for a import.

RedFox
Nov 20, 2002, 04:41 PM
nice... i'll probably still import because its much more conveinient http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

btw... that GC on ebay hasnt been modded and is purple if any of you are still interested http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

rena-ko
Nov 21, 2002, 04:25 AM
import or wait... import or wait...

maybe i should toss a coin for that...

otherwise, the bank said to me that it would be difficult for me to get a visa-card... have to ask them for a mastercard again... if i cannot get one of these both, i won't be able to get a hl - so import is meaningless at least for pso...

about nintendo... wow - they seem to be concerned, if pso can cause enough sale of modems/bbas... other onlinegames from them... interesting...
march... well... end of my current semester... i should concentrate more on study anyway...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: rena-ko on 2002-11-21 01:26 ]</font>

rena-ko
Nov 22, 2002, 08:09 AM
couldnt resist to not edit this into the former post, but - yay - i hit 200 ^_^

(_ _) sorry

about importing:
i just realised that europe/germany takes a toll fee on everything, so ordering from canada or hongkong isnt that cheap as it seems...
in my case this would be 16% on everything more in worth than 20 euro o_o;

another disadvantage - and an advantage for the goblin-bundle... hm......

edit: ascii, ascii...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: rena-ko on 2002-11-22 05:11 ]</font>

RedFox
Nov 22, 2002, 08:34 AM
http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif thats why im going via goblin http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

i think they've included that lil cost thing you've mentioned which is why the price is a lil higher...

i think i'll be ordering one of them sexy looking platinum GC's if they still have them in stock when i get round to ordering http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Spektrum
Nov 22, 2002, 08:39 AM
On 2002-11-18 07:54, Atax wrote:
If you don't have a CC to buy a HL, rena-ko, you can always pay someone to purchase some webmoney for you, which you can then use to purchase a HL.

Cant you buy webmoney in eu?

RedFox
Nov 23, 2002, 05:44 AM
probably can buy webmoney in the EU.

just sold my PAL GC so i'll be ordering a US one pretty soon http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

whats the situation with the BBA shortage now? or are 56k modems avaliable yet? anybody know? i'll havta order one.

rena-ko
Nov 23, 2002, 12:23 PM
as far as i know, that hong-kong-site has bba - but i lost track on that matter a bit.

Dark_Cloud
Nov 23, 2002, 05:36 PM
importing games isn't as cheap as your making it out to be i got a US v2 and paid 50 pounds for it and still there was the HU to pay and when v2 came out in pal i got it new for 25 pounds which was better and i didn't have to mess on with other discs.

http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/twak.gif Oh yeah my friend said that someone he knew got an us import psx when they just came out and plugged it straight into the wall and it melted and poured out green smoke in a few seconds!! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/twak.gif

RellikTakahashi
Nov 24, 2002, 09:48 AM
why not just import it? if its taking too long might as well...

Eve
Nov 24, 2002, 10:07 AM
http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/twak.gif Oh yeah my friend said that someone he knew got an us import psx when they just came out and plugged it straight into the wall and it melted and poured out green smoke in a few seconds!! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/twak.gif

Thats because they wernt supplied with a step down transformer i guess

RellikTakahashi
Nov 24, 2002, 10:12 AM
haha that sounds so funny.

RedFox
Nov 25, 2002, 04:04 AM
imports without stepdowns??...

just say NO!! lol http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

rena-ko
Nov 25, 2002, 09:40 AM
*laughs*
that sounded like a 'dont-do-drugs'-commercial ^-^

for me... i finally decided to wait... but i'll likely import some gba-games for that i dont die of boreness till then. ^_^

good luck to all importers... we'll see online around march, i hope.

RedFox
Nov 25, 2002, 10:04 AM
*salutes*

untill then my friend!

rena-ko
Nov 26, 2002, 05:45 AM
(^-^)

*salutes back*

fight for the europeans now, i'd be happy to acompany you when my time comes.