PDA

View Full Version : couple questions

MachineMaiden
Oct 29, 2006, 05:34 PM
(this is for online btw)

1) okay, i got a rappy feather the other day and I read that it turns into a decoration! ..i mean come on, what happened to rappy fan? are mobs parts just decoration now? that's lame if so, I loved making mob parts into weapons.

2) is there any chance that they will add special weapons, like the umbrella or frying pan and such like that.

3) I got the best daggers from the colony (starting area) and for the life of me I can't find any other place that sells better daggers, don't tell me that I have the best already, where do i get them if not? also double sabers.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: MachineMaiden on 2006-10-29 14:37 ]</font>

MachineMaiden
Oct 30, 2006, 08:23 AM
4) what's the point of the tutor cards? I have them on my partner card list and there's no options for it (remember this is online version)

Dhylec
Oct 30, 2006, 09:27 AM
On 2006-10-30 05:23, MachineMaiden wrote:
4) what's the point of the tutor cards? I have them on my partner card list and there's no options for it (remember this is online version)

You can summon/add your NPC to the party when you want. S/he always a few levels ahead of you. With higher Lvs, some use the NPC as a meatshield or such. ;]

AngelLight
Oct 30, 2006, 10:22 AM
Eventually, I've heard that some mob items will eventually be turned into weapons.....but for now they dont (keep your eyes open for each major expansion to see if they've added or not).

However, if you're looking for a mob weapon....there is the Light Bulb Sword that uses "inverter circuits"....which drop from robot mobs (like in the abandoned temple on Neudeiz), but you'll need the board to make it (and they drop from a different mob).

When you say you have the best ones....do you mean the ones for sale or the ones from the boards you can buy? Cause there's a big difference between the two (the boards allow you to make 5 star B-Rank Weapons, but all the stuff for sale is 3 star C-Rank stuff)

Since there's already goofy weapons being made on the JP servers (such as the real gun or the light bulb), it's almost guaranteed that there's going to be more quirky types of weapons.

As for your tutor, well their AI sucks.....so yeah they are pretty much meatshields (but, if you're not a force you may not want to use them as such since if they die it makes your mission ranking take a hit from the death)

MachineMaiden
Oct 30, 2006, 01:13 PM
On 2006-10-30 07:22, AngelLight wrote:

When you say you have the best ones....do you mean the ones for sale or the ones from the boards you can buy? Cause there's a big difference between the two (the boards allow you to make 5 star B-Rank Weapons, but all the stuff for sale is 3 star C-Rank stuff)

As for your tutor, well their AI sucks.....so yeah they are pretty much meatshields (but, if you're not a force you may not want to use them as such since if they die it makes your mission ranking take a hit from the death)

Where do you get the boards for better weapons?

also how do you summon the person in battle??

AngelLight
Oct 30, 2006, 01:24 PM
The major corporations (GRM, Youmei, and Tenora) each sell boards for 4 and 5 star weapons. Obviously, since we dont have access to Motnoob (sp?) then we dont have access to the Tenora B ranks yet (at least ones from boards). But if you're wanting GRM or Youmei anyways, then that's the way to go.

As for NPCs, just go to form party and it will bring up your card list. Your NPC cards should be at the top of the list I believe. Choose one and it will say that they are invited. Note that you wont see them in friendly zones (they only appear when you're in the actual mission). You have to be the party leader to be able to invite NPCs. I believe you also have to send the invite from outside the mission area before they'll join (so you can't just invite mid run).

AngelLight
Oct 30, 2006, 01:27 PM
Forgot to add, if you are looking for them, they are actually at the sub stores outside of the actual department stores. So for GRM, look to the West District. For Youmei, it should be to the East of the Flyer Base in the Central District.

Forgot again to add, its 9250 meseta per 5 star weapon board, plus mat costs and time to make. B rank armor boards are far more expensive.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AngelLight on 2006-10-30 10:29 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AngelLight on 2006-10-30 10:34 ]</font>