PDA

View Full Version : Trying out a Ranger

HaloMaster24
Oct 29, 2006, 09:36 PM
So I leveled my Force to 21, but I want to try out a Ranger since it seems so few people are Rangers.

My question is would I regret being a Human Ranger later on? I mean would I become ineffective at hitting and damaging things because of the lower ATA and ATP? Would the damage be that much less than a CAST?

I know everyone says be what you want, but I don't want to be an ineffective Ranger in later levels that misses too much.

Any help is appreciated.

DroolinBuddie
Oct 29, 2006, 09:38 PM
hey, why not just make seperate characters?....unless thats too much work.....hell i got all 4 slots full LOL i'm crazy about this game X_X"

UltimateCarl
Oct 29, 2006, 11:56 PM
Nah, you'll be fine. Cool thing about Humans is that they can be whatever and work out fine. Hell, if you wanna mix the two, become a Guntecher. Humans aren't shabby at that at all.

Zato-2TWO
Oct 30, 2006, 12:05 AM
As a Human Ranger you won't match the ATA and damage of a CAST, but at the same time you won't get a Newman's low ATP or a Beast's low ATA, so in the end it balances out. Humans are all about balance, after all.

Rexob
Oct 30, 2006, 01:22 AM
I like my Racast...lots of fun imo...and as you said earlier - not too many of them running around.

Itsuki
Oct 30, 2006, 02:00 AM
Damage difference for rangers is minimal with the minor exception of with shotguns and mechguns. As for the ATA, that might be a problem early on, but rangers get some pretty huge buffs to class to compensate, so it shouldn't be too much of an issue later on or in any of the areas that are online right now.

Keep in mind aswell that there are some things that rangers just can't hit with guns to the point that they just shouldn't try without zodtal. But fot he most part, these aren't in and this isn't an issue until A and S-rank.

HaloMaster24
Oct 30, 2006, 06:15 AM
Alright thanks guys, I guess I'll try to make one after class today.

Any more feedback is appreciated.

Kuya
Oct 30, 2006, 07:22 AM
Lv19 Newman Male Ranger - I've never had an issue of damage dealing. Having a +6 rifle sees to that http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

CypherErebus
Oct 30, 2006, 07:26 AM
HAHA True dat.