PDA

View Full Version : Game Hack Cheated...Help...

Reeses
Oct 29, 2006, 09:50 PM
Ok so OMG, I JUST bought a controller for my PC and installed it and it works wonders for the game. BUT. Every five minutes PSU minimizes and i see a Game Hack Cheated window pop up then dissapear. What the junk is going on???? This didnt happen when i didnt have a controller... Is game guard TOO protective? I mean jesus. Can someone help me fix this problem?!

Blenjar
Oct 29, 2006, 10:05 PM
probably a spyware..

-- Blen

MayLee
Oct 29, 2006, 10:33 PM
On 2006-10-29 19:05, Blenjar wrote:
probably a spyware..

-- Blen

Yeah,, that's my guess..

Try running SpyBot Search and destroy or some sort of Spyware/virus detrecter.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: MayLee on 2006-10-29 19:33 ]</font>

nennafir
Oct 29, 2006, 10:40 PM
Yeah, type "Lavasoft Ad-aware" into google to get a free spyware detection and removal tool.

The other thing it might be (I suppose) is some new software for the controller interfering with gameguard. Some controller software for PCs has it so when you press a button on the controller, basically any string at all is entered into the computer (edit: that is, you can use the software so that when you press button 2 on the gamepad, it enters in several lines of text into the program.) Some MMOs consider this hacking. If this is the case, just try uninstalling whatever software came with the controller. It is probably plug and play anyway, and didn't need any software at all.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: nennafir on 2006-10-29 19:44 ]</font>

Reeses
Oct 29, 2006, 11:07 PM
That would make sense! I did install software so i'll try uninstalling it! Thanks for the idea!!