PDA

View Full Version : Will 2 accounts work with 1 box purchase?

NeuroNomad
Oct 30, 2006, 04:07 AM
I have looked through the forums and I am still not sure as to the answer to the following question....

I am getting ready to have a position change at work so I will actually be able to have weekends with my wife free soon. I have got her to say that she would play some games with me and I know that PSU will interest her. My question is if I purchase a second guardian license will I have to purchase a second retail box for her to be able to play?

I think I already know the answer to this but wanted to be sure. From what I can tell technically I should be able to just purchase a second GL for her and install PSU on a second machine and not have to purchase another copy of the game. But considering with the other MMOs I have played usually you have to purchase a second copy in order to have a second account.

But PSU doesn't have a CD-Key so I assume that SEGA doesn't really care if you install PSU on a second machine as long as the person playing as a vaild PSU Guardian License right?

Simply put in other words I am just curious, with the copy of PSU that I bought, can I install it on a second machine, purchase a second Guardian license and not have to buy a second copy of the game in order to be able for both of us to play at the same time?

SirEldest
Oct 30, 2006, 11:28 AM
I dont know if u need the disk to play PSU on the ps2, bu u dont need a second copy for the PC. I gave my brothers the game and they r online with me. We only have 1 copy for the family. So if u intend to play on the PCs, then enjoy it with ur wife at the cost of 1 retail box.

Tankster
Oct 30, 2006, 04:26 PM
I assume you have the PC version and therefore you can use 1 copy of the game for the both of you, if you have ps2 or 360 version then you need 2 copies.

TrueForce
Oct 30, 2006, 09:12 PM
haha that stuff is illegal but whatever, basically you can give the game to some random stranger and let him play on your account...i think tell me if im wrong...

btw, im a force and i have made another guy named God, because i like his name a lot i wanna play with him to, but does it really matter that much switching charachters on the same guy, because thats really lame. My force is named TrueForce so when i switch jobs to a beast his name is gonna be TrueForce?

NeuroNomad
Oct 30, 2006, 09:18 PM
How is it illegal? If you are paying for two seperate subscriptions?

Relam
Oct 30, 2006, 09:46 PM
It's not, ignore him.

Yes, it's perfectly fine to have one copy of the game, install it on both machines, then play on both at the same time with seperate accounts.