PDA

View Full Version : POW vs MND PM (Battle)

SephYuyX
Oct 30, 2006, 10:21 AM
Ive yet to fee my PM anything because im having a tough time with what I want to do.

With POW I get a nice dmg buddy plus im able to make all the melee synths easily, with MND ill get a nice healing buddy, but I wont be able to synth on it. But, I could make a MND PM and make a POW PM on an alt and synth on a that.

So really it comes down to battle.

POW, is the AI smart? Does it do good damage?
MND, is the AI smart? Will it heal me or just itself, and does it use force attacks?

If the MND PM is able to heal me as well as itself, and have the ability to deal damage, I think ill go with MND and make a POW on an alt.

Hybrids arnt an option.

Thanks for any input.

AngelLight
Oct 30, 2006, 10:32 AM
Mind Pms are very hard to make, but I have heard that yes they will heal you and themselves if either hits a certain point (this is based on what I've heard from JP players I know). Also, yes they will also do combat spells (and I've heard they sometimes do whatever the new shifta spell is as well).

Power PMs tend to be alot more proactive in attacking then the other npc counterparts (NPCs as in non PMs like the tutor NPCs). I've heard of some people (forces) using them as tanks while they hang back and nuke (and throw out heals for it once in a while).

In general though the basic opinion I've seen is that Power PMs are made more so for the fact that they're specialized to make melee weapons (of which there are more of then other types) then for actual combat usages. Meanwhile, most people see the mind PMs as more viable combat npcs (due to the fact that they will support you as well as fight).

Of course, there's a use for everything......as some people will find how best to mold whatever PM they go for into their play style.

Bottom line, go 450 if you want a backup caster, go 410 (or maybe 420) if you want someone to melee besides you (410 is prolly a better tank option, but dont quote me). and 440 if you want a crowd control type PM (since they use shotguns...I'd love to find out if they use elemental bullets or not). 430 I think is just a straight ranger type guy...but unless it uses elemental bullets (dont know) I can't imagine it being a good choice over a straight melee or caster.

Also, keep in mind what you intend to be building (for yourself or for resale) as that should have a major impact on what you choose as well.

Hope That Helps.

SephYuyX
Oct 30, 2006, 10:39 AM
Im a hunter, so I will be making striking weapons mainly for myself and probably a bit of resell.

Since its heard that MND PMs heal both itself and me as well as attack, I think ill be making a MND and then making a POW synther on my alt; unless someone can convince me otherwise.

Cost isnt a problem.

AngelLight
Oct 30, 2006, 10:47 AM
If cost isn't a problem...then alot of people I know have told me that they are really happy with their 450s for combat situations. Yes, when it heals it will heal you as well (if you're in range).

That's is what I'll be making as well. Though I have the added benefit of being a force and therefore having usage of it's crafting skill up.

Just remember to constantly grind your PM's skill up, since you have to train them as opposed to just letting the crap npcs scale up on their own.

Hope you enjoy your partner ^_^

SephYuyX
Oct 30, 2006, 10:56 AM
Just remember to constantly grind your PM's skill up, since you have to train them as opposed to just letting the crap npcs scale up on their own.

Hm? Ive yet to extensivly look into the exact method of raising a PM, but what else aside from feeding it 99 items a day is there to do?

Tycho
Oct 30, 2006, 11:02 AM
I think a basic recommendation was to give your PM a class complementing your own; I'd say go for a Technic one as well, in your case.

AngelLight
Oct 30, 2006, 11:06 AM
On 2006-10-30 07:56, SephirothYuyX wrote:

Hm? Ive yet to extensivly look into the exact method of raising a PM, but what else aside from feeding it 99 items a day is there to do?

As far as my understanding goes, outside of just feeding it, you also have to level it in the same way as you would level. You may also have to train it's skills up as well, not sure. The PM wont automatically level like the other NPCs will. I've seen talk of this on the forums, so maybe do a quick search on it.

SephYuyX
Oct 30, 2006, 11:11 AM
Hmm sounds like a nifty idea..

As far as raising a PM, I plan to just feed it 1* force weapons. According to PSUPedia, it will give +4 to technic and nothing to anything else, so that seems like the best way to go about raising a pure MND PM.

AngelLight
Oct 30, 2006, 11:15 AM
It def. makes sure you're active in taking care of your PM by doing the leveling thing.

Most ppl feel that Reverser is the way to go for the most cost effective boosting....but yeah, if you can make the 1 star wands/rods or find them by doing missions in Neudeiz, then yeah nothing wrong with that.

Personally, I just use general use items till I get to just below the point when striking will level, then feed it caster items/discs till it lowers the striking score to a more managable level and rinse and repeat. I think it kind of defrays the cost that way some and also gives the illusion of continual progress that way.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AngelLight on 2006-10-30 08:16 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AngelLight on 2006-10-30 08:16 ]</font>