PDA

View Full Version : Ok this is aggrivating... (Need help...) (PC)

Pikku
Oct 30, 2006, 12:14 PM
After about 2 days when I either select Story Mode or Network mode PSU wont open.
I tried everything I can. And I know if I install over the old files itll work but that mean I have to reinstall all those patches again... help?

Jiga
Oct 30, 2006, 12:34 PM
Have you checked the technical support forums at the official site message boards? A lot of PC problems and fixes are listed there.

http://boards2.sega.com/psu_board/viewforum.php?f=13&sid=0f00991f3bd5a5e7ddd9bfadeea7e89d

Link5
Oct 30, 2006, 12:36 PM
Is this occurring at the first menu before entering the game and seeing the sonic team logo, or is it in the game when you press enter and get the initial choice of story and network mode?
If it's the first menu, you may want to try reinserting the disc and allowing the auto play function to start up, which should give you the choice of downloading the directX drives on the disc. Although I thought mine were up to date, I couldn't enter the game until I finally downloaded the directx from the disc.
Hope this helps.

Pikku
Oct 31, 2006, 08:45 AM
Yes its before seeing the Sonic Team Logo menu and I hav Direct X downloaded from the Disc since the 1st day I got it when I noticed I only had Direct X 9.
So thats not the problem.
Any other suggestions?

Uyoku
Nov 6, 2006, 01:16 PM
I have this same problem, I just got my game today and the launcher does NOTHING for me at all. I click story mode, it disappears, nothing happens. There are other icons in the folder, this launcher on the desktop tries to go to the online one, I dunno what the others do though. This is so frustrating and my PC has 9.0c on it too.

Fleece
Nov 6, 2006, 05:11 PM
9.0C which month though Lol

theres a LOT of versions of 9.0c, go to the Microsoft website and get it from there.

Uyoku
Nov 6, 2006, 05:39 PM
I updated my DX 9.0c drivers from the PSU disc. Suffice it to say it worked, but they never bother giving the whole version number you need, just the 9.0c part. Using DXDiag is easy to find your version, they need to give you the entire version number that you need so people can know in the future.

I was reluctant to update mine, thinking it couldn't possibly be it, but I did anyway. Hmph, at least it worked, I feel bad for those that do everything and nothing works to get it to run.

So yes, regardless of having DX 9.0c or not, update yours off of the DVD.