PDA

View Full Version : PSU: I need a bit of help picking a class/race...

Velkyn
Oct 30, 2006, 03:25 PM
Firstly, this is my first post on these forums, so I'd just like to start off by saying hello. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

Secondly: Obviously, I play PSU. I've only been offline, so far, but I'll be getting online in the near future, and therin lies the problem.

The problem is whenever I play any game with some sort of choice as to character class/race, I get bogged down in what I should pick. I consider too many possibilities, and I end up getting bored. So, I need some help from people who know the game well.

In MMOs and ORPGs, Generally, I like supportive characters. Characters that can do damage, but not necessarily the best. I also like uniqueness. I don't necessarily mean that I have to be completely different, but I like to be a bit rare. Maybe in terms of the weapon I use, my race, etc.

I also like a challenge to play...Hard classes are the best to play, IMO. I've basically narrowed it down to some sort of Force or Ranger, I just don't know which advanced class to aim for, what race to play, and so on.

Any help would be REALLY appreciated. Thanks!

AngelLight
Oct 30, 2006, 03:30 PM
At this moment, the actual tech buffs are not available to Forces.....

To that effect, if you're looking at Support roles then Rangers are a good bet if you're diligent with your skill grinding. (Rangers being primo for CC).

However, if by support you mean healing then it's a no brainer ~_^......go force

Emgro
Oct 30, 2006, 03:39 PM
At this point, there are no Elite classes, so I won't worry you with those.

Rangers represent Support as the Status Effect dealing class. You get pretty decent damage, and you do it all from range. You DON'T have a heal or anything, which can be nice since nobody expects you to be a healboth. The downside is obvious. They are fun, I've played a lot as one the last few days. Rangers are not hard to play, however. Not boring, but if you screw up a little nobody dies. CAST is the "best" Ranger race, but they all work for it. Beasts have poor accuracy, but I've been running with some beast rangers who use Units to boost their ATA and they kill stuff nicely. Newmanns lack power, but they have good enough accuracy it doesn't matter too much.

Forces provide support in the form of healing, curing status effects, and blowing stuff up. I find forces to be a lot of fun, and the most difficult class since they have a lot of options available. Newmanns make the best forces with their massive TP, but humans and male beasts can do it fine. CASTs and female beasts are supposedly bad at it, but I've only partied with two other forces, both being newmanns.

SephYuyX
Oct 30, 2006, 03:40 PM
Play whatever race you want, it hardly matters, anyone who tells you otherwise is a fool.

As far as classes, you can switch any time you want, so if you dont like one, just play another untill you find what you like best.

Emgro
Oct 30, 2006, 03:50 PM
Ignore the above post. Newmanns are the best choice for every class, every time. Anyone who tells you otherwise is a CAST.

Ryoki
Oct 30, 2006, 04:57 PM
Just be human... That way, you will be able to do good as both a ranger and force.

Ryoki
Oct 30, 2006, 05:32 PM
Sorry bout the double post, but...

You are no longer bound by class or race limits like in the previous PS. Casts can use spells, you can change from a ranger to hunter and so forth, and every race can use mostly every weapon (excluding race specific ones.)

________
IPAD GAMES (http://macgame.org)

Randomness
Oct 30, 2006, 05:41 PM
The one thing I'd like to bring up is that there is a slight bleed of the Ranger's status-inflicting skill into force in the form of the Bow weapons. Awesome stuff, btw.

Velkyn
Oct 30, 2006, 06:35 PM
Thanks for all the help so far, guys.

While I want to wait until I finish Offline to start playing online, I AM tempted. >_> So I'll probably mess around for a bit online. I think I'm going to go either Beast or Cast ranger, for starters.