PDA

View Full Version : Synthesis is cool

BeeYee
Oct 30, 2006, 07:34 PM
but i just dont know how long itll take... i couldnt find it in the guides so can you help me out? So far its been abuot 20 hours, is that normal?

Nani-chan
Oct 30, 2006, 08:18 PM
You pull out the item and if it's not ready it gives the time remaining. Or do you mean how long til you can feed the PM to increase it's stats? The latter is 24 hours I think

BeeYee
Oct 30, 2006, 09:16 PM
i put the weapon in, i give him the materials, and its been awhile, now its been 22 hours. almost 23, so will it be ready soon then?

Skuda
Oct 30, 2006, 09:17 PM
yes, go to take out item, and you'll be able to put it in your inventory or storage.

BeeYee
Oct 30, 2006, 09:22 PM
ok ill go check now, i hope its ready

Randomness
Oct 30, 2006, 09:22 PM
Yeah, synthing rules. 8600 meseta rifle cost me 1k to synth.

Relam
Oct 30, 2006, 09:49 PM
The item only takes time to synth if a count down timer appears.

If no countdown timer pops up, then your item is already ready to be taken out of the oven. Who wants cookies?

BeeYee
Oct 30, 2006, 09:58 PM
but if nothin appears in the take out menu and no timer? then it didnt work?

Relam
Oct 30, 2006, 09:59 PM
If nothing appears in the timer, then it is Ready to be Taken out.

When you take it out, That's when you know if it worked.

BeeYee
Oct 30, 2006, 10:01 PM
well, the item i wanted wasnt in the take out, a greasegun was, and i was expecting a repeater. and no timer appeared that i can recall.

Skuda
Oct 30, 2006, 10:02 PM
then something weird happened.

if it doesn't work, you won't find out untill you take it out.

When you fail a synthesis, you'll hear a depressing beep, and it'll tell you the description of the item you made instead.

usually you make mates, atomizers and the booster items through failures.

BeeYee
Oct 30, 2006, 11:13 PM
i think i found out what it was, i think it was the specific ??? material i chose. It said it can affect the entire final weapon.

Skuda
Oct 30, 2006, 11:47 PM
if it's a weapon, the photon mainly affects the elemental property.

ShadowDragon28
Oct 31, 2006, 03:00 AM
Synthing is cool... when you have the right Board and the correct ingredients.

In Offline Storymode:
I found a Varha Nail but I can't find any info on what Board is needed, at least that would tell me what ingredients I need to make the Vahra Claw weapon... http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ShadowDragon28 on 2006-10-31 00:00 ]</font>

Rexob
Oct 31, 2006, 03:14 AM
Synthing is great...have saved tons doing it

BeeYee
Oct 31, 2006, 10:00 AM
Dang, I bought a Board for a Vullseye, it says its that anyways, and ive tried synthesizing it twice and its become a blaster the last two times. Is this supposed to happen, or am I supposed to get a VullsEye?

_Deliverance_
Oct 31, 2006, 12:01 PM
I think that means that it's failing.
I tried to synth a 3* longbow, but got Matricide <sp?>.
orz

Antagony
Oct 31, 2006, 12:06 PM
Matricide? Considering the definition of that word, I hope you just misspelled it, haha!

Talin
Oct 31, 2006, 03:38 PM
To check how long an item will take to synthesize, perform the following:

1. Insert Board
2. Select "Synthesize"
3. Navigate to the item board you want to make, and verify you have the ingredients necessary
4. Select the respective board, and if necessary, choose which ingredients (such as photons) to be added
5. Confirm you with to synthsize
6. Immediately select "Take out Item" - this will
A. Take out the item is it was generated instantly OR
B. Display a timer of how many minutes it will take until the synthesis is complete

As a note, if your synthesis fails, you may end up with an alternative item than you originally selected. This is bound to happen often if your success rate isn't high enough.

Consider levelling up your PM and/or wait for days in which your haracter has max luck (orange flare and stars) to try important synthesis projects.

I'm pretty sure the timer is "server" time, not playing time, so you should be able to drop an item in, log off, and come back later to find a finished product. I've never attempted to confirmt his though.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Talin on 2006-10-31 12:40 ]</font>

PLURSprout
Oct 31, 2006, 04:49 PM
On 2006-10-31 12:38, Talin wrote:

I'm pretty sure the timer is "server" time, not playing time, so you should be able to drop an item in, log off, and come back later to find a finished product. I've never attempted to confirmt his though.

I've done it, it works.

XeroSum
Oct 31, 2006, 05:35 PM
yeah.. its server time

so you can put int in log off and come back

Cause_I_Own_U
Oct 31, 2006, 06:25 PM
synthesis is cool....untilly you fail 3 times in a row and have to rebuy teh board again and would of saved money just buying it