PDA

View Full Version : De Ragan Tips, and My Happy Experience :D

DarkSeph
Oct 30, 2006, 07:55 PM
WOOHOO!!! I Defeated De Ragan Again, 2nd time now...alll by myself http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif Dang that Beast is hard to Kill. At level 15 anyway, first time I beat him was level 12 so.... Before that 1 time with someone else but on my own 2 times now. Ok, on to the tips.

When he goes up in the Air he's gonna shoot a Homing Fireball...I can dodge it now every time! You run directly AWAY from him while looking at yourself from above, completely from above works the best. Listen to the noise of the fireball and the moment you see it on the screen move curve almost directly left or right and you should miss it. Try anticipating it too that will definately help. Ok, that is basically the only thing that is hard to dodge if you fight him on your own. Now for attack tips.

This is the best attack tip I have... Don't be afraid and keep hitting him in the neck/head area! If you have to the chest works well too but the Head will make him reel after you beat him in the skull long enough, that's when you know your close to destroying him. Try to get him to breathe fire at his side and then it will leave him wide open to hit him in the head/neck. Learn to dodge his dash attack, pounce, and when he is turning in a circle stay at the top of his head or attack toward his head and you will have him!

Ok, this might be a noobish post I realize, but this maybe will help a few people having trouble with this Dragon.

One time he dropped a 20% Fire, Breaker. Only costs 2000 meseta in the shops but this has 20% fire, I'm not sure the shop has that. It's a Nice Orangish Red http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Guilty-Mirage
Oct 30, 2006, 07:57 PM
Unfortunately, his fireball seems to be completely impossible to dodge 100% of the time... but yes, running away from it in the opposite direction and veering a bit seems to be a good idea.

Oh, and this battle should be a hint that everyone... everyone should carry a handgun / bow / some kind of ranged weapon to hit bosses when they're airborne. Aside from his initial homing fireball, you can just dodge his swooping passes and then blast him for twenty seconds in the face when he does the linear fire stream attack while in the air. Use that first person perspective.

No one should be just standing around during the boss fight, ever.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Guilty-Mirage on 2006-10-30 17:02 ]</font>

Sammy
Oct 30, 2006, 08:01 PM
Can you actually attack his head as a hunter?

I meant with melee weapons. It seemed kinda hard to or I at least thought I couldn't reach it.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sammy on 2006-10-30 17:02 ]</font>

Guilty-Mirage
Oct 30, 2006, 08:05 PM
Sometimes he'll bring his head down low enough (spread fire breath instead of linear fire breath) when he breathes flame to hit him with melee. He'll also keep it low when he's plodding forward, or right after he rears up and flops back down. Just focus on his legs if you're going melee.

And bring a gun like I mentioned before.

Generally speaking, his head isn't targettable with a melee weapon outside of the couple situations I mentioned before. It's too high up. Also, it depends. If he gets up on a rock at all, no, you can't hit it with a melee weapon no matter what (as far as I've seen.)

DarkSeph
Oct 30, 2006, 08:07 PM
This is what I use and it works great. I have a Spear type weapon, I think it's the....Dangit can't remember, it cost me 2000 meseta on Neudaz (I still can't remember that planet either http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif) anyway, I use a Spear Technique also (that is what hurts the Dragon the most) and YES you can Definately hit him in the head, I do it soooo much, just DO NOT do it while he is breathing fire. You will knock his Fire breath Aim off and it will possibly hit you.... It has me. Lots of times...http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Ok and as for the Shooting in the air part, yes, that is a great idea, but it's definately not 20 seconds, more like 10 at the most. Usually it's between 5 and 7, he alternates a lot. And I stopped trying to shoot him cuz he kept swooping on me or landing on me, both really really hurt. The best method I ever saw was a Hunger use a Sword/Dagger Attack system and shoot while in the air and used a Technique that lifted him up in the air doing 100+ damage to the head repeatedly. It was Wicked! He was only level 17 too. Human too, like me.

PJ
Oct 30, 2006, 08:09 PM
The saber PA is good for hitting the neck I find

But you start with a different saber PA online than you do offline, right?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: PJ on 2006-10-30 17:09 ]</font>

Garnet_Moon
Oct 30, 2006, 08:11 PM
Bogga Danga damage:

40, 40, 40; (part of first press)
40, 40, 40; (ditto)
40, 40, 40; (yep)
50, 50, 50; (second press)
70, 70, 70; (third press, this may only hit two targets and not three, memory a little hazy)

Can do alot to this De Ragan in 5 seconds because he has so many target points. I love him. <3

DarkSeph
Oct 30, 2006, 08:11 PM
Let me Clarify something... You Definately should hit him with your attack while he is breathing fire on the ground, but dont aim specifically for the head or like I was saying, you will knock off his aim and possibly burn you, aim for the neck/chest and sometimes I hit the head in the process. Always go for the head while he is inbetween moves/attacks. Or it will take an Hour to defeat him at low level... Trust me, I know.

DarkSeph
Oct 30, 2006, 08:13 PM
Bogga Danga? That sounds Awesome, i'm gonna check it out on psupedia.org. Thank you for the tip Garnet_Moon http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Guilty-Mirage
Oct 30, 2006, 08:13 PM
I dunno, he frequently breathes fire and the remains in place flapping his wings for quite a long time. It's been up to twenty seconds (from the time he stopped in mid-air until he started moving again) before. His fire breath attack animation alone takes almost eight seconds.

DarkSeph
Oct 30, 2006, 08:15 PM
I don't doubt you Guilty-Mirage. I should say that for me it has never been that long, i'm glad you get longer to waste him with guns http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Guilty-Mirage
Oct 30, 2006, 08:20 PM
Well, something that might affect that is the fact that he seems to have multiple attack patterns that change each time you fight him. Sometimes he'll stay on the ground forever (once he stayed down long enough for me to kill him solo at level 18 as a ranger), and other times he'll only stay on the ground very briefly. Sometimes he'll use his linear stream breath exclusively on the ground, and sometimes he'll use his spread flame breath attack all the time. Seems to change every time I fight him.

So I imagine his flying patterns can vary greatly.

DarkSeph
Oct 30, 2006, 08:26 PM
Just remembered what Spear technique I use, it's Dus Daggas, have it up to level 14 already, it's awesome against him. Does usually 250+ Damage per Single hit. And it usually hits twice http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Wheatpenny
Oct 30, 2006, 08:26 PM
Actualy if your a hunter and have a sword and tornado break get by his tail and start spamming it,sure you will take a couple hits but I kept hiting a lot of places at once and sometimes hit the legs too

Pengfishh
Oct 30, 2006, 08:32 PM
A buddy and I completely destroyed the poor bitch both spamming Dus Daggas level 11. Draggo lasted a good 40 seconds.

Garnet_Moon
Oct 30, 2006, 08:34 PM
Maybe I should add a spear to my palette... I don't use my sword/handgun very often, so maybe I can get rid of those. hmm. I'll definately try a spear next time I solo him.

Sammy
Oct 30, 2006, 08:42 PM
On 2006-10-30 17:07, DarkSeph wrote:
This is what I use and it works great. I have a Spear type weapon, I think it's the....Dangit can't remember, it cost me 2000 meseta on Neudaz (I still can't remember that planet either http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif) anyway, I use a Spear Technique also (that is what hurts the Dragon the most) and YES you can Definately hit him in the head, I do it soooo much, just DO NOT do it while he is breathing fire. You will knock his Fire breath Aim off and it will possibly hit you.... It has me. Lots of times...http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Ok and as for the Shooting in the air part, yes, that is a great idea, but it's definately not 20 seconds, more like 10 at the most. Usually it's between 5 and 7, he alternates a lot. And I stopped trying to shoot him cuz he kept swooping on me or landing on me, both really really hurt. The best method I ever saw was a Hunger use a Sword/Dagger Attack system and shoot while in the air and used a Technique that lifted him up in the air doing 100+ damage to the head repeatedly. It was Wicked! He was only level 17 too. Human too, like me.

What technique lifts a person up in the air? Did you mean the skill rising strike?

Kymie
Oct 30, 2006, 08:43 PM
hey we have the same avatar i was first! anyways lol n.n congrats on the de ragan i got Srank offline extra mode when i beat him. actually i beat him 2 times and both which were Srank, i got "De Ragan" head. its a decorative for your room.

DarkSeph
Oct 30, 2006, 08:59 PM
Awesome! I want one too http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif I'll have to keep fighting him now. Oh, and that technique that lifts you up in the air Sammy, I actually want to know that myself. It's not rising strike, this actually lifts you up like your floating in air matrix style while you do a combo and yeah, it's Awesome! So anyone know?

Sammy
Oct 30, 2006, 09:18 PM
Huh? Is it a technique or skill? And with which weapon? It just can't be sword because the only skill available for it is that AoE one. I don't think the dagger one lifts you up in the air either.

DarkSeph
Oct 30, 2006, 09:47 PM
Sorry...I should have payed more attention to what he was doing specifically....I will have to keep researching, hopefully someone else who knows will post something about it, i'm pretty sure it was a skill he used, it must have been from a board and he made a higher star skill is what I'm guessing?

Jozon
Oct 31, 2006, 04:16 AM
me and some friends destroy him in about 15-20 seconds with nanoblasts

Mugaaz2
Oct 31, 2006, 05:34 AM
If you want to dodge the fireball watch for when he is about to take off and run toward where he will hover. If he does the ground stomp, then afterward goes into the same animation he is about to fly, run towards the center and then toward him once you've figured out where he will be. As long as you're paying attention this works 100% of the time. If you're still getting hit you're just too slow and should pay more attention or figure out how to anticipate where he will hover beforehand.

AC9breaker
Oct 31, 2006, 06:17 AM
Yeah, his homing fireball can be avoided by standing directly adjacent or under him. Also, his head is targetable by melee weapons. Intially his head is in a raised position. But after he flies up, and comes back down for the first time, his head is always in a lowered position making it an easy target for melee's.