PDA

View Full Version : Raising Partner Machinery to 400 series Loligirls (From All

Rizen
Oct 30, 2006, 09:19 PM
Since I been seeing questions flying everywhere about how to exactly raise a PM to a certain type, I decided to extract this from that topic in the subject.

I do not take any credit what so ever for this. Im only doing this to expose this constantly over looked information.

Found in Partnery Machinery Info goes here (http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=119195&forum=22&182) on Page 5 (http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=119195&forum=22&start=60&75#64). Again, all credits go to Cross.

On 2006-09-21 08:28, Cross wrote:
Well, MIND is also, by a huge margin, the toughest stat to raise.

DEF costs nothing but annoyance - if you don't mind doing a bit of cheeseball character recreation, you can make new Casts and cannibalize them for their armour and parts. You get .30 DEF levels every time you recreate and feed the PM the Cast's Parts and Armour. Raising DEF this way gains you 7.5 levels of DEF in every 12-hour feeding period, or 15 per day, which isn't bad. Note that if you feed it only Parts and not Armour, you get 8 levels per day, but you have to recreate way more characers so I don't think it's really worthwhile.

DEX is insanely cheap, at only 2500 meseta per level if you buy Traps to feed your PM.
The only disadvantage is that this raises very slowly, at only 4 levels per 12-hour period (8 per day).

POW is cheap and fast. If you buy Moon Atomizers, it costs only 2917 meseta per level, and you gain 12 levels per feeding period, and 24 per day, meaning that you can max out your PM in less than four days. The problem is that Moon Atomizers raise MIND too, so if you do it this way you're going to end up with like 75 POW/25 MIND.
If you want pure POW, you buy Moon Atomizers and 1* weapons at a 1:3 ratio. This raises the cost to 3750 meseta per level, and slows down the growth to 6 levels in a 12-hour period, or 12 per day.

MIND costs 8334 meseta per level; the most efficient MIND-raising items are 1* Tech Disks, which are 500 meseta for .06 levels of MIND. The growth isn't anything amazing either; 6 levels in a 12-hour period, and 12 per day, same as pure POW (except more than twice as expensive).

All told, to raise a pure MIND PM costs 833500 meseta from store-bought items, and becomes GH-450 after eight and a half days.
A pure POW PM costs 37500 meseta and becomes GH-410 after eight and a half days, but if you don't mind the 75/25 POW/MIND version, it costs 291900 meseta and is ready in three and a half days.
A pure DEX PM costs 250000 meseta and becomes GH-430 after twelve and a half days.
A pure DEF PM costs nothing, and raises in seven days, or six and a half if you only feed it Parts without Armour. It becomes GH-440.

So GH-420 is the only PM that can't be 'pure' stats-wise, the others each correspond to a different stat.

Is it worth it to make 'pure' PMs? It probably depends on how much you intend to craft. The most efficient way is to have one pure PM for a different stat on each of your characters, so that you have the maximum chance of crafting an item no matter what sort of equipment it is. If you're more worried about getting a PM as a battle-partner and aren't TOO worried about mass crafting, then you're pretty much free to go with whatever is most convenient. As far as I know, the PM's crafting stats don't carry over into its battle capability (but don't take my word as gospel on that one).

Edit:

If you just want to raise a PM for battle, things get a lot easier, as you can just manipulate the stats as you need them, and then fill them in with whatever is fastest or cheapest.

If you want GH-410, the fastest way is to just stuff it full of Moon Atomizers and other consumables. If you're going for a cheap one, stuff it full of Moon Atomizers until its POW goes above 30, and then raise DEF the rest of the way at no cost.
If you want GH-420, raise POW until it's over 10, but less than 30, and then pump DEF until it hits level 80.
If you want GH-430, raise DEX to 30, and then pump it full of either POW or DEF, depending on whether you want speed or a low price.
If you want GH-440, raise DEF until level 20, then continue to 80 raising either POW or DEF depending on whether you want speed or a low price.
If you want GH-450, raise MIND above 30, and then fill in the rest with POW or DEF depending on whether you want speed or a low price.

Edit: I just realized that this was made for the JP version so the stats names are different.
The following is the corresponding NA name for the stat:
Pow = Striking
Dex = Rng.
Mind = TECHNIC
DEF = Armr.

This thread is now in the sticky if you need to refer to it.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Rizen on 2006-11-01 10:20 ]</font>

Scuri
Nov 1, 2006, 08:33 AM
I'm interested in leveling a 100 Armorer, but I've already fed the thing a bunch of random crap. I've heard there is a way to reset your PM, but how exactly do I go about doing that?

Ichy
Nov 1, 2006, 08:46 AM
Thanks for digging it up, Rizen, I've been checking back every so often when I've had a question about PMs and it's been a pain to find that post at times. *cough* someone should sticky this thread *cough*.... Or make it into a guide for the site http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Got a 450 in story mode the other day, btw, only took me an hour and a half of feeding and about 150K. Used Megid discs from 0 to 10, a couple of Sabers to make sure Striking was just a touch higer than Tech (to make sure it goes 28 -> 29 -> 30, and not all in one shot), then Mono and Dimates straight through to 30. Interesting to note is that in story mode there's no limit, as far as I can tell, to how much you can feed "Pete", and the level ups don't seem to affect the synthing results as heavily as one would expect... not that it matters offline, you can just save and re-load if you fail a synth. But really, from 0 to 10 in Tech my melee weapon synthing dropped 1% in some recipes and not at all in others. Granted that's only 10 pts and it's offline (online will be drastically different I'd assume), but I wasn't expecting it all the same.

SephYuyX
Nov 1, 2006, 09:10 AM
What I want to know is there anything aside from force weapons and techs that raise just MND. It sucks recreating characters over and over again for 1 weapon that just gives 4 points into 1 level of MND.

Monie
Nov 1, 2006, 09:26 AM
On 2006-11-01 05:33, Scuri wrote:
I'm interested in leveling a 100 Armorer, but I've already fed the thing a bunch of random crap. I've heard there is a way to reset your PM, but how exactly do I go about doing that?

The item hasn't been released in NA yet. It's called PM Device Zero. Until then, sorry, you're out of luck...

Saner
Nov 1, 2006, 12:53 PM
can you just give them 100% moon atomizers and still get one of the GH-400 series?

Tycho
Nov 1, 2006, 03:46 PM
Saner, there's no way you can't reach the 4xx stage. o_O

Shinomaru
Nov 1, 2006, 04:07 PM
If you want GH-420, raise POW until it's over 10, but less than 30, and then pump DEF until it hits level 80

isnt this wrong? for 420 dont you need your range and power to be 30 both?

Suraku
Nov 1, 2006, 04:13 PM
On 2006-11-01 13:07, Shinomaru wrote:
If you want GH-420, raise POW until it's over 10, but less than 30, and then pump DEF until it hits level 80

isnt this wrong? for 420 dont you need your range and power to be 30 both?

Actually both stats need to be less than 30.

bunnysama
Nov 1, 2006, 05:34 PM
according to the guide on psupedia it should be possible to get dex and pow over 30 before the pm changes at lvl 80. Infact you could get both to 40 before is evolved. what would happen then?

Ether
Nov 1, 2006, 05:48 PM
It would depend what form it gets at level 50. If its 301, it'll become 410. If its 302, it'll become 420

bunnysama
Nov 1, 2006, 06:00 PM
I just spent some time going over the chart and answered the question myself. It's like ether said but you get a 430 if it was a 302 first

Zakuro
Nov 1, 2006, 06:17 PM
How do you go about getting one of the PMs besides the GH 4#0 ones (411, 412, etc.) once we get the update that makes them available?

Shinomaru
Nov 1, 2006, 06:28 PM
um no 301 and 302 become 420's

301's become 410's and 420's and 302's become 420's and 430's

bunnysama
Nov 1, 2006, 08:25 PM
read what I said again, if you made the pm 40 pow and 40 dex at lvl 80 and it was a 302 first it would be come a 430 due to the dex being over 30

Chaobo99
Nov 1, 2006, 11:14 PM
Dont balame me ..but which one is the shotgun/handgun one? arent there 2 shotgun GH400's?according to the actual guide...cause Im getting the one similiar to the maiden but in blue...and I was wondering if she was shotgun..(O_O)
PS: techs are really the easiest way to increase TECHNICS?or random FO weps?

Ether
Nov 2, 2006, 12:08 AM
430 is handgun, 440 is shotgun

Saner
Nov 2, 2006, 12:51 AM
On 2006-11-01 12:46, Tycho wrote:
Saner, there's no way you can't reach the 4xx stage. o_O

hooray thanks!! all this PM chart stuff is confusing so it will be a surprise which one I'll end up getting. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Mugaaz2
Nov 2, 2006, 07:59 AM
Does anyone know anything about combat levels affecting synthing and how long it takes to raise combat levels?

Guilty-Mirage
Nov 2, 2006, 09:38 AM
I'm still trying to figure out why people think the evolved PMs are "lolis." Boobs, people. Boobs. Lolis cannot have boobs. Or anything that'd signify adolescence. Loli / lolicon / rorikon is completely different from the idea of the lolita. I know where the term lolicon came from, I'm just saying... PMs aren't loli. Short + cute frilly dress + anime != lolicon. I see a lot of people making big-breasted, short, cute characters with "Loli" in the name, or calling PMs lolis, and it's just like... no. No they aren't.

Anyway!

Good post, good info. Thanks to Cross, and to you for digging it up. Confirmed most of what I figured after browsing the wiki.

I'm currently building everything but a GH-420 (just doesn't seem worth picking the one PM type that can't specialize)... a 440 for my Ranger, a 410 for my Force, a 450 for my Hunter, and I'll soon be building a 430 for a character that I haven't decided on yet, because I need that fourth space for character generation.

I think it's worth mentioning that if you evolve multiple PMs simutaneously, you save a LOT of time. I cannibalize casts for armor and parts, but I also get one saber, two guns, and as many monomates as I want every time I do so. The sabers and -mates go to my striking mag, as 1 saber + 1 monomate = a zero sum in technic and a +8 to striking. The guns I'm saving en masse for when I start my 430, and the parts and armor go to my 440 in progress.

Basically, if you raise two other PMs on the side, you get about twice the bang for your time spent listening to Megaman remixes while you strip casts... and I imagine that adds up to a lot of saved time if you plan on making other PMs.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Guilty-Mirage on 2006-11-02 06:39 ]</font>

SephYuyX
Nov 2, 2006, 09:50 AM
Rasing a pure MND PM is like stabbing your own face, its insane, and I think im going to give up on it. I was going to raise it on my main (hunter) so it could help cure.. but damn, its either going to cost almost $1m or recreating a character 2000 times.. Ive only done it a total of 30 times (for just 1.5 levels) and I cant take it anymore.

So I dont think ill be doing a 450 for my hunter, im going to make a 410 with the same method your using, Mirage.

However.. im also trying to find out if 410 can cure, if it has, say 1 lvl in MND, and how well it will do.. I think I may hold off on raising my PM any further untill I can find out whats need for a 410 to cure (if at all).

I was going to mak a 450 on my hunter, and a 410 on my force to help melee and synth my stuff. But after seeing how painful a 450 is.. meh.

Realmz
Nov 2, 2006, 09:52 AM
one thing that i wonder about is what stat should i invest in to increase my chances of making room decorations, is it simply the higher the production level the better the chance, or is there a stat that affects it like weapons and armor?

Guilty-Mirage
Nov 2, 2006, 09:57 AM
On 2006-11-02 06:50, SephirothYuyX wrote:
So I dont think ill be doing a 450 for my hunter, im going to make a 410 with the same method your using, Mirage.

Well, if you really want a 450 for your Hunter (and you really do, not that you'll be "gimp" if you don't), you can always raise an easier PM on another character... then use that PM to make money to fund your 450. Ultimately, all you miss out on in the end is that you have to wait longer to get that 450... but then you'll have two PMs and you won't ever feel - months down the road - that you somehow botched your chance to have a full 450 on your Hunter.

But that's just one option, you listed others. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Bast
Nov 2, 2006, 10:48 AM
I’m sorry if this off topic, but I didn’t want to create a new topic (when some many have already been made) about this.

Currently my PM is level 15. 12 in Strike and 3 in Technic. I am highly interested in creating the GH 450 for my hunter. After reading over Shimarisu’ guide, I’m not sure if I can still make one. If I raise Technic to 30, can it still become a 450 at level 80?

Thanks in advance for any assistance you can provide.

Guilty-Mirage
Nov 2, 2006, 11:29 AM
I believe you're out of luck simply because the determining factor for whether your PM turns into a red-with-arms version or a green-with-arms version is based on whether or not your Striking is either >= or < 10. >= means it goes red at production level 20, < means it goes green. Hence, unless you get a green first evolution, you can never get a GH-450... as those can only be possibly obtained from the branches after a green initial evolution.

Someone can correct me if I'm mistaken.

Your only hope for a 450 is to reset its stats (ouch.) An item can do that, but I don't know where to get it. Probably at one of the stores.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Guilty-Mirage on 2006-11-02 08:30 ]</font>

Rizen
Nov 3, 2006, 05:17 PM
I though I might post an see if this works out for me.
I am trying to make a 420. I pretty much just been feeding anything just to level it up a bit without caring much about stats. Right now its lv 17 with 8/4/1/4 and I plan on pumping my Striking up to 10 so it turns into the red one (caught myself before it was a point of no return). After that Im not too sure what I want to do. Any suggestions if stats are not really an issue (prefer to have a higher Striking and Rng tho).

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Rizen on 2006-11-03 14:18 ]</font>

Mazoku
Nov 3, 2006, 08:34 PM
Cross made an addendum to his post further down in the original thread:

I'm just going to amend a bit of the information from my earlier post... Raising a DEX PM is even cheaper and faster than I thought. I thought that you had to buy 1-star Traps for 100m, but it turns out that there are a bunch that are 2-star for the same price.

DEX is only 1667 meseta per level, and it's as fast as raising MIND, 6 per feeding session and 12 per day.
In total, it only costs you 166700 meseta, and you'll be done in eight and a half days.

Shinomaru
Nov 3, 2006, 09:30 PM
http://www.psupedia.org/index.php?title=Partner_Machinery

Kuya
Nov 3, 2006, 11:00 PM
Two star traps? The poison/burn/freeze ones?

Guilty-Mirage
Nov 4, 2006, 01:01 AM
Grove of Fanatics drops high-star traps like crazy if you get enough of the newman enemy spawns. Just a bonus if you're raising a ranged PM on the side.

Nepov
Nov 27, 2006, 06:16 PM
I would like to know something really important for my progress with PM: I was trying to rise a 450 and accidently rised my Striking to 10. Is it possible, if i keep giving to my PM regenes (-2 Striking +9 TEC), that the level may get to 9 before i reach lv 20, or is it possible at all to dowgrade one level with that strategy? I was in need to lower my striking lv 10 to 9 and keep rising Tecnick until lv 20 (my PM is lv 13 now)

Rainey
Nov 27, 2006, 07:58 PM
You can't delvl. You're stuck with the 10 striking no matter how many -striking stuff you feed it. If you really want a pure one, all you can do is put your PM on hold until the PM stat reset item is unlocked.

Nepov
Nov 28, 2006, 06:52 PM
Thanks for the last reply, because its good to know that before i try myself and spend all of my hard-earned meseta for nothing... all i really wanted was to get the 450 model for the heal (i know it is now nerfed, but i think they will repair that terribly mistake or maybe put some kind of heal on every model or on the main ones).

Cross
Nov 29, 2006, 08:43 AM
I should probably note that I messed up a lot on the cost of a pure Striking PM back when I wrote that. I didn't double-check in-game, and factored in the cost of 1* melee weapons as 180 instead of 350 (180 being the cost for the boards to synthesize them).

Striking actually ends up being moderately expensive if you buy all of that stuff from the NPC shops. It actually ends up costing about 585000 meseta (a little bit less).
However, you still save a lot on it because it's the only stat to raise where you'll get the items you need very frequently while you farm. It's easy to find the Moon Atomizers you need and that lowers the cost by 25% right off the bat, and any 2* weapons you find farming C-Rank missions help to reduce that as well. Plus you can try synthesizing your own 1* and 2* weapons and that cuts down on the cost too. If you work at reducing the cost, it probably ends up more or less similar to the original cost I estimated.

I think that's the only major error in that old post, but I haven't combed through it to see if there are any more (besides a few embarrassing typos).

Edit: If you want a 'compromise' PM - that is, you want a specific model without making a pure stat:

GH-410
Maximum Ranged is 70.
Maximum Tech is 70.
Maximum Armour is 70.

GH-420
Maximum Tech is 90.
Maximum Armour is 90.
Maximum Ranged is 80.
Maximum Striking is 69.

GH-430
Maximum Striking is 70.
Maximum Armour is 70.
Maximum Technic is 69.

GH-440
Maximum Striking is 89.
Maximum Ranged is 80.
Maximum Tech is 69.

GH-450
Maximum Striking is 70.
Maximum Ranged is 70.
Maximum Armour is 70.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Cross on 2006-11-29 06:00 ]</font>

Paradox E09
Apr 9, 2009, 07:28 AM
people give of the wrong idea about armor bots ive been making a lot of money off of it with s rank armor, all you do is feed the bot 10 star shoes, there are two shoes that I know of that sell for 2 grand a peice, unless your very poor lol

Warlock01
Apr 9, 2009, 08:52 AM
wow old topic.
11-29-2006, 01:43 PM last post.