PDA

View Full Version : Arghh! Darn Box Stealers!

Ness
Nov 16, 2002, 01:46 PM
Don't you just hate it when you go into a game and people take all the items and never leave you any when they are level 70 and you are level 40. I come on, you need items more than they do and they know it. They could atleast spare a couple for us low-level people.

rena-ko
Nov 16, 2002, 02:00 PM
thats the western way of thinking i guess...

well...
"expect nothing, hope for everething"

Ghen
Nov 16, 2002, 02:06 PM
My advice to you would be, unless you are playing with people you know, grab everything in sight and distribute it based on need. Actually, don't do that right away (no sense in pissing off nice people), but do observe the others on your team. Watch how they play. Do they go straight for boxes? or do they try and work as a team to take down the monsters before running over to get some treasure? If it's the later, you can let your guard down and have a good time with some people who know what this game was made for, teamwork. If you do see someone grabbing all the items, I recommend you go with my first suggestion and give items to the ones who need them. Remember, you have no one to blame for not getting items but yourself. I hope I don't come across as being abrasive, but I think you'll find you do alot better this way, and hopefully get some more enjoyment out of random games.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ghen on 2002-11-16 11:16 ]</font>

Ness
Nov 16, 2002, 02:22 PM
On 2002-11-16 11:06, Ghen wrote:
My advice to you would be, unless you are playing with people you know, grab everything in sight and distribute it based on need. Actually, don't do that right away (no sense in pissing off nice people), but do observe the others on your team. Watch how they play. Do they go straight for boxes? or do they try and work as a team to take down the monsters before running over to get some treasure? If it's the later, you can let your guard down and have a good time with some people who know what this game was made for, teamwork. If you do see someone grabbing all the items, I recommend you go with my first suggestion and give items to the ones who need them. Remember, you have no one to blame for not getting items but yourself. I hope I don't come across as being abrasive, but I think you'll find you do alot better this way, and hopefully get some more enjoyment out of random games.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ghen on 2002-11-16 11:16 ]</font>

Nah you didn't come acroos as being abrasivew. You had some good ideas, but the first one would be too time consuming.

Riku
Nov 16, 2002, 02:52 PM
i was playing today in forest doing the heat sword quest to lvl and get some rares anyways i had just killed a gobooma i saw a red box fall out then a nother gobooma slaps me down and i dont have a chance to get the box then some n00b runs up and takes it before i could get up....it was a gobooma arm wich i didnt have...i was so pissed

DB
Nov 16, 2002, 03:29 PM
Hey, that's life man... Try and put the mad skillz on, and get what you deserve... After all, if you're skilled enough, you should be able to avoid an attempted smack, and grab what you deserve...If not, someone rips you off. Get stronger, learn from the experience, get smarter, leran how to benefit from your experience.

DJ_Monkey
Nov 16, 2002, 06:15 PM
I admit it; I am(well, until recently, anyway) a box-runner. I always went for the boxes when a room was unlocked, and I took every item there so that I could sell the items for more money up at the Shops.

Now, I don't do that, because I just hang back and kill the monsters, and I just grab some of the money and leave, then come back and take whetever no one took(because there is no sense in leaving a perfectly good item there when it would just be deleted when the game was over).

SaitoH
Nov 16, 2002, 06:25 PM
On 2002-11-16 10:46, Ness wrote:
Don't you just hate it when you go into a game and people take all the items and never leave you any when they are level 70 and you are level 40. I come on, you need items more than they do and they know it. They could atleast spare a couple for us low-level people.

LOL! Stop whining and don't play if it bothers you that much.

ginko990
Nov 16, 2002, 07:10 PM
I go for the levels, and If a red box comes my way in the process, eh, great.

Ruby-chan
Nov 16, 2002, 09:09 PM
On 2002-11-16 11:00, rena-ko wrote:
thats the western way of thinking i guess...

well...
"expect nothing, hope for everething"

Well it's the materialistic way of thinking, it's not just confined to the Western world anymore.

And yeah I usually kill all the monsters then we all go for boxes, but if someone else is grabbing them then I start grabbing as well.

Though in all honesty, the best stuff seems to drop off enemies anyway.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ruby-chan on 2002-11-17 14:23 ]</font>

MaJin
Nov 16, 2002, 09:49 PM
On 2002-11-16 12:29, DB wrote:
Hey, that's life man... Try and put the mad skillz on, and get what you deserve... After all, if you're skilled enough, you should be able to avoid an attempted smack, and grab what you deserve...If not, someone rips you off. Get stronger, learn from the experience, get smarter, leran how to benefit from your experience.

So True, "Learn From Ur Mistake".

RavenTW
Nov 16, 2002, 11:09 PM
Technically, they're not box stealers. They just get to the boxes before you. Try getting to the boxes before them (like, let them take on the monsters while you nab the items)

Maelkith
Nov 17, 2002, 01:37 AM
you were in my game today and i didnt run to the red box lol. i was happy you got there first Ness as you were the lowest lv person in that game. Daemons.

VulpesMundi
Nov 17, 2002, 01:57 AM
Greedy people piss me off. One of the points of this game is teamwork. If you can't share as a team, why play in a team? I typically try to play with people I can trust. If I find something I don't necessarily need I'll give it to someone who does. But I expect others to do the same. I feel the same way about fighting. I hate it when people won't wait and just charge in and kill everything. Again, it's all about teamwork. Everyone needs their fair share when it comes to items, experience, and enjoyment. That's the way it should be in a perfect universe. Unfortunately it's not a perfect universe. So if I don't like how someone(s) is playing I'll just go somewhere else.