PDA

View Full Version : My Internet disconnects me every few minutes.

Dr_Lantis
Oct 31, 2006, 05:10 PM
I have no idea why this happens, but every once in a while (although it is becoming much more frequent) my modem would randomly disconnect me every few minutes. I don't know how to fix this, but it seems to stop for no reason what so even.

I called my ISP multiple times about this problem, and of course nothing helped. >_>

HUnewearl_Meira
Oct 31, 2006, 05:21 PM
When I've had that sort of problem in the past, I discovered that my modem was overheating. Try positioning your modem in a location were it will be surrounded by more air and less surface.

Wyndham
Oct 31, 2006, 05:21 PM
well, for starters, what kind of internet connection do you have?

Dr_Lantis
Oct 31, 2006, 05:40 PM
Ohh... I have a Westell 6100 and a Verizon 3Mbps speed connection; and I'm kind of restricted as to where to place my modem since my phone jack is far away from my computer.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dr_Lantis on 2006-10-31 14:41 ]</font>

Axispoint
Oct 31, 2006, 08:43 PM
On 2006-10-31 14:40, Dr_Lantis wrote:
Ohh... I have a Westell 6100 and a Verizon 3Mbps speed connection; and I'm kind of restricted as to where to place my modem since my phone jack is far away from my computer.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dr_Lantis on 2006-10-31 14:41 ]</font>

Can you plug a little fan up near it to blow on it and see if that helps any? You might also try finding a curved dinner plate (not too big, tho) to sit under it so it gets air under it. Otherwise, do you notice if this problem is more frequent when it rains?

[O_O...forgot a word]

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Axispoint on 2006-10-31 17:46 ]</font>

SubstanceD
Nov 1, 2006, 02:37 PM
This actually started happening to me when I first moved to Cork City ( in Ireland ) in 2003 ( it is also the reason why I can no longer play PSO Online ). It is only recently that this problem seems to have fixed itself.

Sorry, I don't know why this is happening to you (or why it was happening to me ) but at the very least, know that you are not alone. I don't know if this helps or not but my problem got fixed when they installed an ISDN line in my house here. My guess is that the old telephone line was not adequate enough.