PDA

View Full Version : A fond farewell

Cranberry
Oct 31, 2006, 09:53 PM
I've been in PSO for several years now. I've experienced a number of fun games. If I have learned anything its that people are what truly make PSO grand. Some awesome memories like the 4 Force game I did that was a total fireworks show. Doing PW4 with just 1 other person and finishing it. Hanging out at the beach in Festivities at the Beach and spending hours trying to find all the commands. And partaking in several people's level 200 games. So many memories. But after some recent events, and some very hurtful things that have happened, I've lost my will to keep fighting. And I feel that the time of the curtain to fall on PSO for me is approaching. I won't be switching to PSU though, it just doesn't mean anything to me without my best friend to share it with. Perhaps other people here have some memories they might be wanting to post?

I'd like to take some time to acknowledge several players from PSO, for they are the true heros of this game.

Sage

Mr. Wall of text! You were one of the first people I met on PSO and we probably saved Ragol countless times. Please find enclosed in your mailbox a pair of glasses to help with your poor FOmar ATA.

Pikachu

Who would have ever thought your joke character would become so respected? You have been a good friend, and have always made a point to make sure I was alright. And you loved the 4 Force game more than anyone else. I wonder what the future will be for interactions between us? I hope you do well on PSO or PSU wherever ye decide to go.

Mewone

Mewone, you either love her or ye hate her. We didn't always see eye to eye but in the end we always patched things up. You've been surprisingly supportive to me during troubled times and I appreciate that. I am glad you finally got online and we were able to do that long waited Olga run.

Striker & Raiden

The loverbird Androids. You two were always a riot. You both have kept in great contact with me. I'm sorry I missed your level 200 game. Thanks for keeping faith when no one else did.

Hunter Colt

Everyones favorite knuckle-head HUmar. I got to watch you grow from an online newbie to a potent force. That was neat to watch. Thanks for always checking up on me and making sure I was okay. The kindness has not been forgotten.

Phoenix

I don't see you all that much anymore, but you keep in contact with me and have een made me a central character in your PSO fan-project. I am appreciative of that. Thanks for offerng a helping hand whenever I need it.

Mags Float on Strings

Ok I don't know ye. But I like the user name. It's funny. So ye get a mention. And a new string.

Dark Force

Last but not least, Dark Force. Of all the people I met through PSO, you mean the most to me. You became a lot more than just an online face and became someone I proudly called the best friend I ever had. The only reason I kept my hunters license active was to hang out with you. You also helped me through some very hard times. I know there is a good chance you are reading this and I know that recently things have been difficult between us. I admit that I have made some mistakes and you are on no speaking terms with me. You are one person that I very much wish to retain a friendship with even beyond PSO. Things just aren't the same without you. I would like to set things right my friend. Can you find it in your heart to give me another chance?

These people, and many others that I don't have room to name made PSO more than just a game, but a community, and in some cases even more than that. Real life friendships can be forged through a game, and PSO-World helped bring the community together and dwelve deeper into the mysterys of Ragol. For that I am grateful. Though I may have lost my will to go on, there are still many others left explore the remaining mysterys of Ragol, and the new ones of the worlds of PSU.

~Cranberry

T0m
Oct 31, 2006, 11:44 PM
I met you a few times, and you were like a tragicomic person. Comical because your refusal to gain exp, tragic because of the reason you refused.
Nice to see Raiden and Striker mentioned here, I think your description is very apt.
I wish you the best, and I hope you'll be able to resolve the situation with the person you call your best friend, sometime soon.

SilverCross
Nov 3, 2006, 04:19 PM
well, it was a ton of fun hangin out and playin with ya on psu, ill never forget the great force runs we all did, and will miss you online http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif just hope we can keep in contact some how http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

--Pika

metatime
Nov 3, 2006, 05:55 PM
Hi Cran, this is 09. I know we haven't played a lot but I want to say goodbye. Good luck in your future.

HunterColt
Nov 4, 2006, 04:10 PM
For the millionth time, just use my name... Colt, its what friends do, right? I'll see you on AIM and through E-mail. I'll check up on you and be there for you when needed... Promise.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: HunterColt on 2006-11-04 13:15 ]</font>

Dante1
Nov 4, 2006, 09:43 PM
Hey 09 did you know someone named Lynx?

RAGNAGELPPOD
Nov 5, 2006, 12:13 PM
no! Don't leave us!
...who else is gonna declare " Cranberry power!" at the start of every battle?

>_<

metatime
Nov 6, 2006, 03:14 PM
On 2006-11-04 18:43, Dante1 wrote:
Hey 09 did you know someone named Lynx?

Yes I do.

Dante1
Nov 6, 2006, 04:50 PM
wow its been along time,do you still play online?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dante1 on 2006-11-08 17:39 ]</font>

T0m
Nov 7, 2006, 04:56 AM
Dante, things like that fit the Private Message format much better.

(ThoughI'll never bore from reading Metatime's messages, of course.) http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Slade002
Nov 8, 2006, 12:31 AM
cranberry, sorry to hear about you thinking of quiting pso, but i think i can say that every single pso player has become bored or tired of the game at some point since they started. Its natural. Even if you feel like theres nothing left to do, and its REALLY done for you, chancs are you just need to give it some time. play others games for a while then one day youll just pick it up and think 'why not?' and the love could come back. hell, my card got corrupted twice and i thought of never playing again but here i am still going strong. for us ppl who really love this game, the spark never truly goes away, it just has its ups and downs.

Dante1
Nov 8, 2006, 08:40 PM
I'm sorry for the inconveinience.

Cranberry
Nov 8, 2006, 09:29 PM
On 2006-11-07 21:31, Slade002 wrote:
cranberry, sorry to hear about you thinking of quiting pso, but i think i can say that every single pso player has become bored or tired of the game at some point since they started. Its natural. Even if you feel like theres nothing left to do, and its REALLY done for you, chancs are you just need to give it some time. play others games for a while then one day youll just pick it up and think 'why not?' and the love could come back. hell, my card got corrupted twice and i thought of never playing again but here i am still going strong. for us ppl who really love this game, the spark never truly goes away, it just has its ups and downs.

It's not that. It's just well, I've lost my will to fight. The honest truth is, it just means nothing to me without Dark Force. I really considered her the best friend I ever had. After some of the things I've discovered, well it's just too painful to use PSO anymore. Still though, as hurt as I am by what's been done, I'd take her back in a heartbeat if she'd contact me. I'm very forgiving, and despite it all still quite loyal to her. I once promised her I'd always stand by her, and I'm not ready to break that promise. When I make a promise, I mean it with all my heart.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Cranberry on 2006-11-08 22:41 ]</font>

Slade002
Nov 10, 2006, 04:45 PM
In that case, i hope things get resolved, for your sake, moslty because the things in life that make you happy are the things you have to fight to keep.

Longinous
Nov 11, 2006, 10:29 PM
Its kind of funny now that i think about it, in all the games i have ever played online i can easily say that you wont find closer friends in any like you do in PSO. I play wow mainly now, and i have many close friends, but PSO friends do seem closer to real friends http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

I mean look at it some of you guys have been playing for how many years together, now i feel as tho i missed out http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Cranberry you seem like a really nice person and a great friend, I am sure you will patch things up with your friend, anyhow GL with whatever you end up doing.