PDA

View Full Version : A Tip to ALL Forces. Please Read...

BlazingTiger
Nov 16, 2002, 07:49 PM
If you are thinking about using a force online, please consider these helpful tips to make you more effective. Start off with a hunter or ranger on or offline, build up a high "mind" mag and collect high disks with your hunter or ranger. Collect some cash as well to support your forces Trifluid habbit. Since Episode 1 & 2 allows you to drop off your items offline, you can give your mind mag and all collected disks and cash to your force. Once your force equips the mag, he/she can use a lot of the higher disks. Also equiping Angel Mind on each slot for a 4 slot frame helps. I did this for my force who is level 14 and is now more powerful than my wife's Hunter who is level 28. Imagine that! With the amplifiers and shields, I believe forces will become more powerful in higher levels in Episode 1 & 2.

HC82
Nov 16, 2002, 07:59 PM
Heres a tip. Do the offline quests early on so you can make money. Feeding a mag and supplying fluids for TP is really costly.

Especially considering that a Mag which is dominant in mind gets less added to there mind when using a difluid, then a mag dominant in Pow using a dimate or moon. Also fluids are more costly then mates, so feeding a mind mag and using tp to cast means you need to generate alot of income.

If your not generating alot of income it's going to hurt your mags growth(you won't be able to feed it). If your mag is at a lower level then your stats will also take a dive.

Heres something I remeber reading on ragol(Sleet). If you have two controllers, make four level 1 charcaters. Have them all give there items, fluids, mates and cash to your force. Delete those 3 charcaters, remake them and repeat. It's an easy way to make alot of cash for your FO early on.

It is pretty cheasy but it works. I never bother though.

Midnight99
Nov 16, 2002, 08:01 PM
Hey thanks for the advice. Of course I was stupid enough to make a FOmar as my first character. Oh well. I must admit being a force costs a lot of money. Especialy at low lvs. (which I am) I have been raising a mind mag and I can use a lot of tech disks now. The 2 Angel/Minds and the Magicians Tp helps too.

Midnight99
Nov 16, 2002, 08:05 PM
Since we are on the topic of Forces, what is a good low level (20-40) weopon a force should use.

TeamPhalanx
Nov 16, 2002, 08:09 PM
None... You really don't want to rely on weapons early on, unless the special is something like instant death.

Later on, Mahu, Double Saber, and G-Assassin's Sabers are effective. The first 2 for it's TP stealing ability, and the last for combat.

Midnight99
Nov 16, 2002, 08:19 PM
Okay then should I stick to handguns since melee combat is suicide for Forces. Or at least weak ones like me. 0_0

Alisha
Nov 16, 2002, 08:21 PM
my advice would be early on once you get resta raise your mag in pow instead of mind(espcially if you are a fomar or fomarl)that should help a bit with the funds and enable you to hold your own should the need arise

Midnight99
Nov 16, 2002, 08:25 PM
Hopefully the need won't arise. (100 Gigaboomas suddenly appear) AAAH (Casts s/d then runs like a coward)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Midnight99 on 2002-11-16 17:30 ]</font>

BlazingTiger
Nov 16, 2002, 08:45 PM
I would stick to the first suggestion and rely on nothing but techniques. I've been using forces for quite some time and using weapons (even cheat weapons) are almost useless with even the highest developed force. Learn the "force" and all of it's abilities, that is why forces are for more advanced players. It is best to build a mind mag using a hunter or ranger, being that they don't need mono, di or trifluid as often, so you can waste these on your mind mag. If you follow these simple instructions, hunting will be so much more enjoyable. If not, fustrating and cruel...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BlazingTiger on 2002-11-16 17:48 ]</font>

Midnight99
Nov 16, 2002, 08:51 PM
Your'e right. I end up spending all my money on fluids and tech disks so I can care less about my weopon. Armor, on the other, is a completely different story.

Alielle
Nov 17, 2002, 03:12 AM
Usually, there are cheaper items besides fluids that will raise the MIND stat of your mag. Even if the sync or IQ levels go down, you can always raise them later. Hooray for mag guides!

As far as weapons for a lower level force, stick with the force-only weapons that boost your MST. They're good for the killing bop on the head, so you should learn your enemies' HP levels to conserve TP. If you can find a Heart-series handgun, you can whip one out when you're desperately low on fluids. Finally, FOmars are pretty good with melee weapons from what I've seen, but they should stick with the 2-hit combos that save lives in C-mode. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Darrin
Nov 17, 2002, 10:11 AM
I didnt use any of these tips and Im doing just fine with my Soul Eater and Akiko's Frying Pan.

SirDonovanIII
Nov 18, 2002, 12:51 PM
While playing solo, cast Ryuker and hit the Hospital for a cheap TP refill. Can be a a bit teadious, espcially when in the Ruins, but 10 meseta for a full TP refill is a lot cheaper than a couple Di's or a Tri that can otherwise be saved for a MAG, boss fight or online play.

Wakazashi-HUcast
Nov 18, 2002, 11:13 PM
I agree completely with Alielle about the mag thing. I see so many people who slow their mag's growth by trying to maintain 120 synchro and 200 IQ, and it's just plain stupid. This tip really applies to everyone, not just forces. Most mags have some weird offbeat item that happens to raise the dominant stat. For example, most hunter mags (most mags in general, actually) gain a huge POW bonus from Sol Atomizers, which are less costly than trimates and for the most part absolutely useless. I haven't played much as a force, but I'm pretty sure the item to use there is Moon Atomizer, not sure though. Anyhow, if you use whatever item that is then you can save your fluids for refilling TP, which may just make you a bit less poor.